Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Posted: Feb 19, 2006 10:25 pm

pool party!
4th floor!
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 10:27 pm

I knkow you d-int!
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 10:49 pm

how bout:

getting mugged at football games @ crump. happened!
but pool party. good one. I fell for that one 1st week of 10th grade. dumb!
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 4:11 am

Sock hops in the gym during lunch. Girls actually doing the Smurf in sock feet.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 3:40 pm

Mariah Carey went to Central for a short time!! Also, the girl that got the hot dog stuck inur went there as well!!!
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Every school bragged of a hot dog girl. Frozen, and broke off...yeah, yeah....
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 4:40 pm

Exactly....all broke off and stuff!!
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 4:49 pm

I didn't go to Central. Too much mold.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeah, but NANN y'all had a Laotian dude who liked to dress like Prince though, didja? No wait, the Laotian kid dressed like Don Johnson. But we did have a light skinned black kid who was Prince everyday. Kim Holliman was Madonna.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 5:19 pm

I remember the Prince dude...he had it goin on!! We also had a principal with no neck and some big fat ass nuclear baked potatoes in the lunch line...fuckers were like 5 pounds each. I used to put that rank ass "bbq", cheese and sour cream on one of those joints and tear it up at lunch...along with an orange Hi C.
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Central HIgh Auditorium.
Chorus line of MANY gansta-strollin' teenage girls
all hollerin'
"WHERE THE BIG DICKS AT!"
"WHERE THE BIG DICKS AT!"
WHERE THEY AT?
WHERE THEY AT?
WHERE THEY AT?
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 8:20 pm

The Prince dude was brave beyond belief because even though Prince was THEE shit at the time, lil Central boy was femme as all get out and wasn't into angling the gurls like his idol. He always flashed us the sweet smiles though.

Remember the light-skinned girl who came over about 1/2 way through the 84-85 school year after reportedly getting kicked out of White Station? She was always threatening to kill girls and then finally attempted to stab someone on the track in Crump Stadium. I wish I had my yearbooks--I'd look her up. She had a crazy throaty voice and she was a LUN-A-TIC.

And fuck whatever our principal's name was (Barry something) and that weasel, Mr. Murphy too.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 12:55 am

Owens. Barry Owens.

Mike Murphy ran that school. He ran with the Tiller brothers back in the day, and was evidently not one to be fucked with. He sure could rock an argyle sweater vest.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 1:10 am

ok more. I'm bored. circa 87-89.

girl fights in the upper lobby, with snatches of hair left all over the floor from the melee.

football coach, his porsche & his student girlfriends.

no air conditioning.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:35 pm

Wright. Coach Wright.

He did have a fly Porsche back in the day. I think he got fired for slangin caine out of a little convenient store that he owned over off Vollintine. Cool dude though!! Rumor has that they are condeming Crump Stadium. I havent heard of any plans as to what they are gonna do with that space, but I can only hope a new athletic complex for the school. We used to have baseball practice under the stadium when it was raining...shit was crumbling to the ground back then (87-89). Cool stadium though...many a college game played there back in the day Im told. After I saw the movie Beat Street, i bought some spray paint and tried my hand at some grafitti on that stadium...wasnt too good!!
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:50 pm

It was Coach Adams who coached GOLF with the fancy ride and the girlfriends!!!! Maybe he coached Football too, but he wasn't the head coach. Coach Adams was always high first period too. He could barely talk. But me, Shane and Davey Timms could barely listen either. Coach Adams had a vintage MG and definitely dated students. I don't recall Coach Wright and his Porsche.

Remember Coach Stanek??? He had GOUT. A source of many many laughs.

And Mr. Murphy was indeed a scary fucker.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:55 pm

There's a lot of renovation going on now, and the plans for Crump Stadium are on go. From what I understand, they're going to raze the stadium and move the orientation of the stands to west and east. (More room for soccer fields.)
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:59 pm

Weird to put stands facing west--sundown issues.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Coach Adams had the white man's fro.

Coach Cate looked like Sam the Eagle and spent like half a semester on Viet Nam 'cos he was "in the shit."
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 5:15 pm

Coach Adams did have an MG, but Coach Wright had a porsche and used to mack on students. Caoch Adams coached basketball as well as golf. I think Coach Wright came after you left Kristen. Thats great to hear about more soccer fields, cause right now they got nothin!! The team practices over at Evergreen and they have a pretty damn good team. We used to call him DJ FRANTIC STANEK..dude is apparently still alive...i thought dude was the oldest human Id ever seen and that was like 20 years ago!!
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 5:27 pm

WHAT? Stanek is still alive? That is insane. One of the funniest moments of World History ever was when Stanek came back from like a month of medical leave for his gout and Davey Timms kept asking him, "What wassa matter, Coach???" and after Stanek ignoring his smartass for about twenty minutes, Davey piped up, "Was it....GOUT!!!!!?????" Stanek went back there and literally grabbed Davey by the ear and dragged him out! Everyone fell out.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 5:58 pm

My boy's goalie on the Central soccer team.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:42 pm

Really...I play on a mens team and we have been practicing over at Evergreen. Some of us actually scrimaged against and with the Central Team the other day. Hes really good and made some great saves...they have a really good team. I played at Central and things have come a long way since i was there as far as the soccer program. What year is he this year??
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:44 pm

I was all star defensive tackle @ Central.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:51 pm

Nikuh please!!! The gnat dosent play by downs!! I sent you a message on ur myspace deal...respond biatch!!
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:52 pm

He's a junior this year. but has been playing goalie for a long time. A good half dozen of those kids have known each other all their lives...they all played for Evergreen for years before high school.
They are good, and the coach works them hard. Their coach used to teach at Snowden, and that's where Alex started playing for him.

He's bemoaning the fact now that he never played professional league...but he's smart enough to realize he'd rather have a social life.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:00 pm

Yeah...the coach is a really nice guy and is very good with them. I observed several days last week before we played and he knows exactly whats goin on!! Lots of conditioning drills. Playing together for years is key with soccer...someone else told me they had played together for a while. I grew up on Mignon and Snowden and played at Evergreen and then at Central and various competitive teams....high school soccer back then was a joke at Central. Im really impressed with what i see going on with the team...Id like to catch a game or two for sure. I really couldnt believe that Snowden even has a team...that shit blows my mind!! Its a system now and as long as those kids keep going on to Central the team there will always be good!
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:01 pm

Germantown. High. School.

Yeah, I said it.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:19 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Hey, thanks for the report, Colin! It's nice to get a little glimpse into that besides just seeing him come in and out the door. He's pretty dedicated. Mr. Thames is the coach...Alex has always been crazy about him.
Alex'll be glad to here someone's noticing how good they are, too.
Snowden's had a really good girl's team for four or five years, now.

There's a core of about a dozen of them who have gone through Evergreen Playschool, to Snowden, and then on to Central together. When they got to high school most of the girls went to White Station, and most of the boys to Central. However, a couple of the WS girls decided they couldn't hack it out there because it was too polarized, and showed up at Central.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:58 pm

I saw that A&E show, First 48, last week and the homcide detective's kid plays basketball at White Station...the school looked like Craigmont to me but then I saw his basketball snap and it was a White Station jersey. I never set foot in WS.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 8:17 pm

What I hate is when I run into someone that went to Central, and they inevitably hit me with the old "Yeah, I guess we got out of there before it got bad" or something similar. "Bad" meaning "black" Like I'm just gonna chime right in saying "yeah, fuck those niggers. They really ruined the school"
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 8:29 pm

That is so insane. When I was there, I mean, hell, it was a BLACK SCHOOL. When my grandparents were there in like '42, yeah, it was white. Whatevs. Honestly the teachers and the administration and the counselors were what was "bad" about that place. The black kids made it awesome and at least 1/2 of those kids in my class went on to better educations and earning power than I did, so?
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 9:10 pm

in '98 there were 1500 students and less than 10% were white...allegedely there were more Vietnamese/Cambodian kids than white. Seemed about right at the time.

Headlines picked from Channel One today reported by Lisa Ling reads...

Please stop playing hackey sack in the lobby(stop). Teva's are contraband(stop). Student (me) has wallet stolen in homeroom(stop). Stolen wallet found emptied of cash in German Language Dept. garbage can(stop) blame placed on victim of robbery(stop). No Neck Owens to cross-examine. Today's special is rectangular pizza.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 9:16 pm

No Neck Owens?

Wasn't he pile-driven into quadrapralegiism by Arms McNeil in 1954?
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 9:26 pm | Edited by: Matthew

maybe so.
Helluva 'peacemaker' as school principal as well.

seen him pick up a student(literally off the ground) by his collar whom he caught shooting craps in the boys room.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 10:18 pm

Central HIgh Auditorium.

woops. for my own peace of mind that was meant to say 1993. not 1998.

Big Ups to Coach Henderson.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 10:57 pm

Owens picked somebody up? I did witness the lady school cop (who looked like Big Bird) and Mr. Murphy chase Scott (Wendy ?'s lil hood brother) down the hall after catching him with a sheet of acid. He handed off the acid to Morgan Stroud who got all involved in the cop shit even though he was a relatively innocent bystander.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 11:56 pm

Colin, I told the boy today that we'd talked about him on the Goner board yesterday. He said, "I hope he's not the guy I got mad at yesterday for telling me how to be a goalie!"
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 2:40 am

Hell no...Ive never played keeper and wouldnt know the first thing to say about it! Im not even sure who that was...not to mention I wasnt even out there yesterday. I cant imagine anyone on my team trying to give instruction, especially at keeper...we are not good. Thats funny though!
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 2:44 am

Big Birds name was Officer Barrow...she was a serious freako!! Scott and Wendy Stone...i totally forgot about those folks...he was a "hood"! I remember Morgan Stroud as well. Hey...Mike and Robby Weinberg live down the street...remember them. Hes a cop/optometrist...he and Robby own a pricey high end glasses place/optometrist place in Midtown called the Eclectic Eye...cool but $$ as hell!
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 3:12 am

Funny cos Officer Barrow had a LOOOOOONG neck and her boy Owens was neckless.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 3:22 am

colin, he said he got into with "a big guy". It was funny because A. is really mild mannered. And not likely to get into it with a "grown up".
Keeper...I love that. I'm going to start saying that instead of "goalie".

cop/optometrist

wow.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 3:50 am

Uncle Spatula - is Crump Stadium where you set the record for the longest time for the mile?
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 1:33 pm

Yep...his license plate reads OptiCop. Uncle Spatula did set the record for the longest time for the mile...he walked it backwards!! We gots several "big guys" on the team, so theres no tellin you got fired up in the heat of competition. We got some know it all/loudmouths as well.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 3:39 pm

It was at Snowden that I placed second to last in the entire state of TN when we had to run the mile. I walked it backwards in combat boots. Fuck a P.E.

Wasn't Morgan Stroud like all white boy Rasta? I seem to remember him being way into the DUB.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 4:12 pm

Morgan was a 6'6" super white Central Gardens rasta fanatic--you'd never know from his style, which was Hugo Boss shirts before there was such a thing. I watched some Bob Marley documentary over at his house on Carr once while we were skipping school and my very high, barely-off-the-West-Memphis-truck self was freaking out: "AH cain't unnerstand a WERD they ahre sayin'!!!!"

Where is he now? I think he was in NOLA working as a chef.
Posted: Feb 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Fuck a P.E.
told this one a 1000 times...again '93...spelled out on the bulletin board by the entrance to the gym in stencil letters "GET HIGH ON P.E.!!"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®