Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Cat Power Cancels Tour
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 10:37 pm

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 10:40 pm

My cats need to cancel their tour of scratching every damn surface in the house. Go scratch in the UK, Viva and Whiskey. I am sure Bonaroo would have plenty of safe scratching surfaces as well.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 12:31 am

well that's geigh.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 12:57 am

Well I guess I can start throwing away those dirty diapers I've been stockpiling.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 1:10 am

The label cited "health reasons" as the cause of the cancellation, saying only "Out of respect for Chan's privacy, we can't give more detailed information, but we hope and assume that you'll respect her privacy during this time as well."

Is she gonna take some time off to "rest"?
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 1:28 am

Those in the industry like to say "rest" when they really mean REHAB! I gottons of friends that been. Fortunately, I don't have those problems....
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 3:23 pm

Maybe for the next tour she'll get on stage and say "I'm Sorry" ad infinitum. Wait, that's every Cat Power tour.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 3:49 pm

oh come on Earles, she says other stuff too, like "I can't believe any of you paid to get in here." and "I don't even know why any of you are here." and "why do you even care."

Well, at least these tickets will be worth soumpthin' if she off's herself.

Don't do it Chan! Don't jump Killer!

The 'Greatest' still is.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 3:52 pm

ooh Matt, yr classic!
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 4:19 pm

damn, i was lookin forward to Doug Easley backin' her up... and high visibility tourage for Harlan.

shoot.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 4:39 pm

Do something else if you can't take the fucking heat. This sort of "delicate" behavior, "aloof" nonsense, "eccentric flower-in-the-tower" or just straight-up drug problem (or whatever it may be) bullshit fouls up the careers of other hardworking musicians that don't have a problem playing music in front of people, and not just in her case, but in every situation where good back-up people and tourmates have to deal with the Unpredictable Ringleader. The Weirdo Outsider. YAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNN!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 4:45 pm

Seriously. This is just ridiculous and for anyone to say otherwise is just a fan and enabling craziness. I noted she has not cancelled her UK date that is just prior to her TX date she cancelled. I can't believe people let her get away with this behavior at her age.

If anyone could get past her PR and halfway decent looks they could see how full of shit she is an "artist".
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 5:49 pm

Do something else if you can't take the fucking heat. This sort of "delicate" behavior, "aloof" nonsense, "eccentric flower-in-the-tower" or just straight-up drug problem (or whatever it may be) bullshit fouls up the careers of other hardworking musicians that don't have a problem playing music in front of people, and not just in her case, but in every situation where good back-up people and tourmates have to deal with the Unpredictable Ringleader. The Weirdo Outsider. YAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNN!!!!!!

YES. Can't imagine touring in that situation. Thank you.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 5:55 pm

Touring in any situation is crazymaking. The last thing you need is that kind of selfish person sucking up every bit of drama.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 6:17 pm

oh fiery, oh Earles. Cat Power makes you guys so angry.

I can agree with the 'unprofessionalism' and the unfortunate postion it puts the members of a band in. Good point, but...

Why does any artist 'need' to gratify you?

especially one you have a pre-disposed disdain for.

ultimately it's the artist's call and she has assumed that position as she is the songwriter and she (I'm assuming here) put the band together-->yes fiery her stagefright is bullshit but this bullshit and her 'PR' and 'her halfway decent looks' are all secondary and thirdrrdary. If you don't agree with someone's 'antics' then that's your deal and writing them off as talentless, Weirdo Outsider, or a non-artist just doesn't wash. It's about the music.

and if you don't like the music...God Bless America.

Signed,
Just a Fan.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 7:30 pm

I heard she was in an insane asylum - for serious.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 7:30 pm

I don't expect to be gratified by Cat Power, because I am not a fan. She does not make music for me. I was making a critical observation about her behavior. If someone found her clinging to life after a suicide attempt or something similarly serious, I am in the wrong for cracking wise on the cancellation and its roots. But if she cancelled a tour because of a stubbed toe or stage fright or anxiety, five days before it was set to begin, therefore impacting people that had rearranged a month in their lives to do this tour and that might not see full compensation for the month that now includes no work...I'd say that's a different story. And I'd say that about any artist. In this case, it just so happens to be the Emo Phillips of indie rock.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 7:52 pm

And if the discussion had anything to do with THIS:

http://www.warriorcats.com/content.html

I'd be singin' some fuckin' praises alright.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 7:59 pm

Ditto on what Earles said. I am in a somewhat different position, however, because I do consider myself a fan of some of her "earlier work". I never appreciate--in anyone--the myth of the artist as some fragile genius. Esp. when I have friends who have interacted with her as a person who have reported what a scalding selfish bitch she can be.

So, that is all secondhand and I'm biased and blase blase.

Were you around for that Busta Rhymes video shoot-em-up, Maffew?
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 9:42 pm

I don't know anything about the Busta Rhymes thing...it's been NYPost hot topic for a few days now and I've yet to read about it...and now that the Post has printed the picture of Scarlett Johannsen and Kira Knightley(sp?)naked on the front cover I'm not even trying to read about more dead rappers. Up with Nakey Scarlett! Up with Rusty Firepaw!
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 9:50 pm

It was in Greenpoint.

You can see the side of Rack of Scarlett.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 9:51 pm

full shot of her azz too. HOLLLLA!
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 9:55 pm

Rack of Scarlett

BBBBRAAnipAAYY!!!
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 11:09 pm | Edited by: Rachelandthecity

this one's way better

http://www.stereogum.com/img/scarlett_johannson_nude.jpg

you're welcome...

P.S. they had to have photoshopped Knightley's nip...
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 2:12 am

What is that in Keira's belly button???

And, yes, photoshop was applied. Or maybe when you get under 100 lbs your nipples disappear.
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 5:00 pm

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sideboob.

Chan who?
Cat what?
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 6:16 pm

I think they just invert.
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 6:47 pm

Inverted nipples. WHAT'S THE POINT, MOTHER NATURE!?!?!?!?!?!
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 7:07 pm

Inverted nipples come out, Earles. They don't hide all the time. Takes a special touch. (Hey, you asked for it)
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 7:11 pm

concave -vs- convex
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 10:00 pm

YUCK!!!
Posted: Feb 9, 2006 12:46 am

You started it!
Posted: Feb 9, 2006 5:11 pm

thirdrrdary

tertiary...sorry...i can't help it
Posted: Feb 9, 2006 5:51 pm

Yes you can.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®