Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Sirius Radio- Compulsive Gamblers, Reign Sound, Khan and H. Stern
Posted: Jan 22, 2006 11:04 pm | Edited by: dag

yow, just hadda tell somebody that Sirius Sat. Radio rules. I got it for Stern, but the garage station plays so much good stuff. the detroit show plays a lot of memphis stuff, but hell, it's all good on the garage station. they bust it up with stuff like the Shangi-la's, Eddie Cochran, and other cool stuff.
I liked the first dead boy's record all right, but the Stiv solo stuff i've heard on there is awesome. - where else am i gonna here Stiv and the Compulsive Gamblers, Runaways, and The Gories in one place? its kinda pricey, about 150 a year. but, if ya are even thinking about it, do it.
Posted: Jan 22, 2006 11:30 pm

Also check out (former) Reigning Sound drummer Greg Roberson on the all-Elvis Sirius station--Doc something or other. Usually afternoons.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 12:18 am

The Doc Walker show starts at 1pm I think and lasts until 5 or 6.
He lets crazies from all over the world call in and talk.....also plays Elvis stuff never heard anywhere.
Patterened after some of his heros from 60's radio.
very entertaining
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 3:40 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Kim Fowley's show on Saturday afternoons is really good too. Great rock and roll, always a theme, and even better storytelling. Rodney Bingenheimer seems like a natural choice satellite radio.
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 7:30 pm

twilley don't mind
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:35 pm

thanks twilley. now that dumb song is stuck in my head. Dwight Twilley-zen master. i saw him working a hotdog stand downtown. i said "make me one with everything"(ha, ha, i kill me)

he said "twilley don't mind"
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 8:59 pm

you sure it wasn't the second drummer?
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 10:04 pm

can't...spend...anymore...money...
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 1:44 pm | Edited by: lemissa

By the way, how is the Sirius Howard Stern show?

Is NPR on that or on the other sat. radio? Odd combo I know but what can I say, I'm a fan of both.
Posted: Jan 27, 2006 5:32 pm

Stern is pretty much the same. if ya liked him on the reg airwaves you'll like him on sirius-he is a little choppy on hitting music ques and taking breaks- about 3 min of commercials and breaks an hour,but w/ no set time to take 'em it makes it kind of weird- still very funny stuff. There are two npr stations on sirius- but i listen to so much Stern and garage that i haven't even found out when shows i love, like car talk and wait,wait- and just the news, are on. I was bummed that in their lit they had AirAmerica - but have since lost it, i think that is only on XM -so i gotta settle for siruis left.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®