Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Rodney Buford Update!
Posted: Jan 6, 2006 6:30 pm | Edited by: eric o

Grizzlies' favorite son Rodney "THE SHERIFF!" Buford is tearing up the CBA (not Canadian, Continental Basketball Association) with the Sioux Falls Skyforce, averaging 18 points a game (12th best in league) with a 90% free throw average (5th in league) and leading the team to the 4th best record in the Western Conference, behind Idaho, Dakota, and leaders Yakama.

see http://www.cbahoopsonline.com/news_recent.asp to keep up with all the latest CBA news!

Posted: Jan 6, 2006 7:37 pm

Also heard he was leading the league in blunts per day with 4.5. Go Sheriff!!!
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 5:14 am

i commented to give this thread more exposure
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 3:21 pm

Hey, looks like Rodney's available again:

Buford fails drugs test

Former Maccabi Tel Aviv guard Rodney Buford failed a drug test after the team's Euroleague game against Zagreb earlier this season, basketball's governing body FIBA yesterday told Buford's current team, Azovmash Mariupol of Ukraine. Buford was released by Maccabi two weeks after the game at the end of November.

Buford has been suspended four times in the past for similar offenses.

Shimon Mizrahi said Maccabi had not been notified and that it was not the team's concern as Buford was no longer a Maccabi player.
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 5:00 pm

great research! thanks jug!
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 5:17 pm

....and you know they gots the wacky over in Teal Viv!!!
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 7:14 pm

I'm just hoping for the Sheriff's sake that they got it in the Ukraine!

Grizz coulda used Rodney on the wing last night. They were all over Miller and
Rudy has no clue what to do with the ball when he gets it every fifth time down. Can we trade Gay and Swift back for Shane now?
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 8:05 pm

please?
Posted: Feb 9, 2007 9:20 am

MVP of CBA (Corona Box association)- i swear his garage was filled with corona boxes. he had to park his cars in the street.

Does anyone know the doping policy of Memphis Wrestling? This town needs a sheriff. Buford, Koko B. Ware, Derek King could be the New Memphis Order . Lets Make this happen. We should start a petition to bring in the sheriff. We can hand deliver it to Lawler. I think Jerry kicks it at Griddleys all day or the Desoto Civic Center.

Off the subject- I only post if Buford is in the title

Anyone got any dirt on Mr. Chuck, the face of WKNO. He's trying to avoid tackling the facts.
Posted: Feb 9, 2007 3:36 pm

i think there's a young UofM cub reporter on the scene. He's been seen following Mike Matthews around. I'm sure this young go-getter could tackle whatever facts Mr Chuck is avoiding.
Posted: Feb 9, 2007 9:36 pm

Azovmash Mariupol

They're kinda the Milwaukee Bucks of Ukrainian hoops.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®