Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / An Open Letter to Rosie Justin Backspin Reid
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 2:48 pm | Edited by: Matthew

Firstly, I'm on my second round of anti-biotics and the Playoff Beard is back.

Secondly, you should rent "MY ARCHITECT. A Son's Journey" when you can. Louis I. Kahn's illegitimate son's documentary about his mildly famous/highly influential/completely absent architect father. I have some issues w. his documentary style but I reserve criticism based on how well the story/journey unfolds. Humorous and revealing interviews with the heavyweights--P. Johnson, Pei, Gehry et. al. about their relationship w. the man. You've got a dvd player right. I think you can rent them @ the Movie Ticket. The popcorn's totally free there!

What's this? a co-worker just handed me a copy of the new Star. "2005 Whoa! What a Year!" gotta go.

Stay Trill
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 9:27 pm | Edited by: MATAlac

MANK- Glad you enjoied the movie, my fave part is when Kevin Bacon's dad (the wack guy in Philly) gets physically angry reminiscing about Kahn. I bought the DVD late summer and took it on a tour of the plasma screens of Memphis, to rave reviews.

To All: This is a badass movie, I had to buy it at Tower, and dunno if its available at Black Lodge or Midtown Video. Architectually speaking, Kahn was the main influence on the late Francis Mah, the guy who designed Southern College of Optometery, BMH and that cool box house across the street from the Overton Pk golf course.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 9:37 pm

the late Francis Mah, the guy who designed Southern College of Optometery, BMH and that cool box house across the street from the Overton Pk golf course.

When did he die? I went to Lausanne with his daughter, Susan.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 9:40 pm

it's at black lodge. "king" kahn designed the enormous, amazing capitol building in Bangladesh, too.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 10:15 pm

totally enjoyed it

The Salk(sp?) in Cali. flipped me out.

amazing footage @ the Bangladesh building for sure.

Kevin Bacon's dad I thought that dude was gonna keel over right then and there.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 10:33 pm

yeah I liked this one too.
Posted: Jan 5, 2006 11:04 pm

Mah passed back in either 2002 or 2003. My mom sent me the article in the CA when I was living in NY. His firm got bought out and his name was erased, BMH demo'd, SCO is basically all thats left
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®