Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Oxford, MS Skatepark plans!
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 12:43 am | Edited by: eric o

http://www.oxfordms.net/recent/skatepark.htm

Design of the new Oxford Skate Park was completed in September and construction is underway (fall 2005). Grindline, a design-build company from California that specializes in skate parks, was awarded the contract for the new Oxford Skate Park. The total contract amount is $300,000. The new skate park will be located at the old Dizzie Dean field on Bramlett Blvd. When completed, the park will be nearly 10,000 square feet in size. The park should be completed by late spring 2006.

The skate park has been enabled by a combination of support from private donations, grants, and the people of the City of Oxford.

holy crap! How big is that cradle?
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 12:59 am

Saturday, was our 'grand opening' of the City of Austin's first-ever public skatepark also designed by Grindline.

SWEEET!

Hope the url workie.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 5:05 am

Is it legal to skate in Mississippi?
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:13 am

looks like the capris sun commercial peoples habitat. the liquidy silver people. fuck it. cum. those things were gay to open.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 1:38 pm

Finally a reason to go to Mississippi!
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:31 pm

Awesome. Grindline does good work. My friend Shaggy is one of the main concrete guys, if he is on that job it'll be a go for sure. Its crazy, there are really good parks starting to pop up everywhere now, not just California, Oregon, and Wash. The Grindline park in Kokomo Indiana is insane!
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 9:43 pm

Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:28 am

me and a handful of the other poster goons are going to the new austin one on the thursday of SXSW. cant wait.

gotta chk oxford next time im out that way too.

thx for the info eric.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 6:28 pm

me and wabash trash hit it yesterday, missed el dorado's phone call. damn.

BUT! Good fun! Cradle rocking! street course is all right... weather was perfect! 1/2 the people there were from Memphis! I got a slight sunburn- in february!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:59 pm

oh, and the computer drawing is IT... except it's surrounded by dirt/mud, and the cool little entrance bridge ain't there.

They also need to throw some benches/ flat concrete around the outside for moms/girlfriends to sit & knit, and for tykes to learn how to stand up outside of the "flow."

but the main stuff is real, real fun.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 11:54 pm

how far is it from memphis???
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 12:11 am

hour and a half...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:25 pm

weather permitting, we're going down on monday... 11-3 or so? crew of shag, el dorado, wabash and me right now.

meet us there or climb aboard!
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 12:34 am

relive old school alabama skatepark memories here - good stuff!

http://www.skatealabama.com/video/index.htm

3/4 pipe thing is almost a cradle... whoah!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®