Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / NBA Premier week 2005 JWill and Posey are in town tonight!
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 7:33 pm

Grizzlies vs. HEAT tonight!
A girlfriend of mine has seats 3 rows behind the players and she's taking me with her. Lovely!
Hate to say it but the HEAT's line-up is looking great.
I love to see Shaq lose and I would love for us to win but I did put $50 on Miami. We won the last 3 home games against the HEAT but I don't think it's going to happen with the new line ups.
It's gonna be weird seeing JWill in a HEAT jersey but I'll manage to hold it together somehow.
Any predictions for the game?
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 7:40 pm

Posted: Nov 2, 2005 8:16 pm

Lacey--what will be TRULY interesting is what the teams will be wearing PRE-game with the new Stern dress code and all. JWill without headphones, throwback jerseys, gold chains? You must be the groupie and wait at the arena early and report back.
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 8:35 pm

i get to see most of the grizz roll in... and the Heat bus if it's late. since it's the first game, who knows. they might beat me there due to pre-game hoo-ha. but if i do get to see 'em, i'll report back on their duds.

better than that in years past were their cars- hubie in a toyota compact? bonzi in a (by NBA standards at least) beat-up SUV? Stro busting out some 50s hot rod with fully chromed-out engine? What?

hope the grizz win. i need some reason to care about this team other than antonio burks and hakim warrick. and big jake!
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 9:53 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

hope the grizz win. i need some reason to care about this team other than antonio burks and hakim warrick. and big jake!

ah ha! i knew the novelty would wear thin! Seriously though, good luck this year...but I'll be watchin the Tigers on our ESPN Game Plan set up in our living room!!!!

And, PLEASE, eric...take notes on the threads. I wanna hear about some Greg's colors.
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:00 pm

Balls
Attitude
Respect
Rebound
Othello
NIT CHAMPION
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:05 pm

Grizz fans!:
Season opener at Mary and my house tonight!: We're grilling out burgers and drinking some beer.
Lacey and eric: come on over after the game!

plus anyone that wants to see this still unnamed ball of fur:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a328/hgupta/puppy%20at%203%20weeks/
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:25 pm

oh yeah, e-mail me if you need directions
hgupta1@yahoo.com
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:34 pm

Lacey, it's not 'wierd,' it's healthy. Like when you send your bad kid off to military school. Don't let the door hitcha, where the defense splitcha, j-will. Take that attitude to south beach. Props to Jerry West for dumping that salary--something I didn't think he'd ever be able to do. Sorry to see Posey go, but that's the sacrifice it takes to dump a loser these days.

Welcome, Eddie "Cookin'" Jones!
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:39 pm

Welcome, Eddie "Cookin'" Jones!

Ugh. You are hopeless, Mr. Sherman.
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:42 pm

I haven't kept up. Do we still have Outlaw? I always thought it was awesome we had a dude named "Outlaw"...
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:45 pm

ugghh... no we traded him
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 10:48 pm

Guilty as charged. Speaking of Cookin'...New South Philly cheesesteak place next to hooters (yikes!) is mighty tasty. Also, finally broke down & went to Renee's sandwich shop on 3rd there by the post office (new location on jackson too)...great burger & good people! Including Gus', plenty of good eating revolving around beale st. these days.
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 11:22 pm

Bo Outlaw did not live up to the name.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 1:59 am

We have Travis Outlaw of Starkville, MS. Son of the police chief there. Oh the irony.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 2:13 am

1st half over, up by 4...
I think it's funny when Shaq gets perturbed...
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 4:15 am

I'll keep my big keyboard shut next time...
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 4:06 pm

Yep. 1st half never means much. Who was impressive? I was pretty impressed with the new Blazers last night...but what can you do against KG?
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 4:14 pm

All I know is Gasol is gettin' pretty hippified with the new beard. And that other white dude is ugly and chews on blue plastic - all the time.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 4:19 pm

Gasol was the only Grizz that showed up. Yikes, the rest of the team shot 25%. Almost makes ya long for J-Will...almost.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 4:44 pm

verrrrry boring team.

verrrry boring threads. blue suits. i know they're under the microscope right now. maybe by all-star break we'll see throwback suits out there.

did find out that stro was always late to everything! Looosiana time!

and i would LOVE to have Bo Outlaw on the team. Bo is the greatest.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 5:13 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Who do you think will be the first to bust out like Clyde The Glide?

I wanna see the Andre 3000 of the NBA.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 5:53 pm

Our boy Barron:

GP FG% FT% 3PTM PTS REB AST ST BLK TO
1 .500 - 0 2 1 0 0 0 0
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 6:06 pm

Earl got the biggest crowd response of the night! GREAT to see Early Times out there!

maybe the Heat ain't so bad!
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 7:51 pm

I think it's funny when Shaq gets perturbed...

yeah it is. the look on his face is hilarious. i've hated that huge bastard since he played at lsu. blah.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 8:06 pm

Im happy to see J Will gone as well. I used to piss folks off on the Grizzlies message board talkin about how JWill would have better game on the And 1 Mixed Tape Team and that hed betetr get his low rider truck with spinners warmed up cause he was on his way out...dudes a total dick!!
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 9:40 pm

Who was impressive? Bootsy Collins & the whiteboy dancin' trombone player. Not much else.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 9:42 pm

no comment
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 10:06 pm

I agree with Sherman. No one was impressive except for the HEAT shooting 70% in the second half.
That white boy with the trombone was so silly. It was great! That guy has balls and a 1/2! What a dummy.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 10:20 pm

During the second half when the HEAT got a big lead, JWill got out of his seat, walked over to the Grizzlies announcer who was an arms length in front of us and started waving his hands around gloating and laughing at him. JWill looked right at me and Candace and was waving his arms around all "Whachu gon' do?" We were sorta shocked because he was looking right at us, like he was going to pick a fight. We reciprocated and he walked away and sat back down on the bench when us and the guy in front of us stood up.
(Sherman, did you pay him to do this?)
It was strange. We tossed around some "Go home shorty" and "you're tiny" was said but I'm done with that pussy. On to the next baller.
We really need a presence on the court. Maybe it will happen on Friday. I'm hopeful.
Jack Stands, Mike Miller is not ugly. He's fine as a mu' fucka'. 6 foot 9 and looking fine, don't be a hater.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 10:37 pm

Posted: Nov 3, 2005 10:39 pm

Excuse me. Did I say ugly? I meant Fugly mouth-breather.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 10:42 pm

An' i could barely tell, but I thought I saw y'all on the teevee; lower seats, near the corner? People looked like dots, really...
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 10:43 pm

I have to say Fratello is no Hubie in a post-game press conference. However, when the reporter asked if he was dissappointed with the energy level in the 2nd half right after he had gone over that, his response was priceless. I'm paraphrasing, "Didn't I just map that out for you? Did I sound happy?" Needed a couple of curse words, though.
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 10:44 pm

Oh and Mike Miller? What's up with the hair?
Posted: Nov 4, 2005 12:04 am

It was great that Mark Goodfellow was the poster boy for what's excluded from the new NBA dress code. Sunglasses inside, gold chains, no socks,etc.
Posted: Nov 4, 2005 12:38 am

Man, just too many stud players on the Heat.

We'll see what the Griz can do against LeBron and 'em.
Posted: Nov 4, 2005 1:34 am

Don't blame this one on the Heat. We sucked. The story line all season long will be, if we hit the 3s, we'll win. If we don't, hello beale st. blues.

Jake looked the worst I've ever seen him. I don't expect him to be on the team much longer. No one got their groove on. When you're playing that bad, why not bring in Hakim and Dante?

I did see JWill taunting the scorer's table, but unfortunately, when you're up by 20, there's nothing anyone can say. Of course, jwill had nothing to do with their win, so no biggie.
Posted: Nov 4, 2005 4:11 pm

JWill got shamed on TNT by Sir Charles last night. He basically said that JWill had no smarts and The Glove had to come and save the day (still, they lost).
Posted: Nov 4, 2005 8:32 pm

If "The Logo" would trade for this guy, we'd be a contender for sure:

http://www.wongdoody.com/drobnjaksmanjaks/index.html

"Would you like cabbage on your elbow sandwich!"
Posted: Nov 5, 2005 2:38 am

1-1, beeotch.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®