Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 7:07 pm

Wow, what a weekend. Thanks to everyone for coming out, all the bands for coming from all over and playing, the Hi Tone, the Buccaneer, Joe Pestilence, Jay, Scott, Joel, Dan, Robin & Kyle for being everywhere ALL THE TIME, Chris & Video, Shaggy, Louie, Nikki, J9, Tad, Aron, Rat Traps, Quinn, Martel, Greg, Andy & Andria for the great articles, Justin for the great pictures, Hoodoo Labs, Matt for being my festival role model, the 2 Way Inn, Young Avenue Deli, Miller High Life, Quintron, and everyone for helping make the weekend an unbelievable success. Hope you all had fun.

Apologies to our Young Avenue neighbors and to Sambeaux's knee. And to our shopping cart, which i feel is going to be somewhat neglected after all the in-store shopping.

back in the ring.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 7:34 pm

best weekend i've had in a long while. :) thanks.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 7:34 pm

Seconded! Wow what a weekend... How about those keychains!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy a hearing aid.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm

you're a hearing aids.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 7:59 pm

Did Muddy Spear ever make it down? I have yet to hear anything from him since he left NYC.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 8:07 pm | Edited by: elle

Did Muddy Spear ever make it down? I have yet to hear anything from him since he left NYC

yeah he made it. saw him saturday.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 8:28 pm

thanks for letting us practice in the store...i'll get my drums out tues night...it was a fucking great time..
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 1:36 am

greatest thanks to Eric & Zac who undoubtedly put in the most blood,sweat,& tears for this rocknroll party.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 1:44 am

Yeah, lotsa fun all round. Thanks.

Joe, I've not been able to get online sorry. I'll see you soon.

elle, where did you see me?
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 3:16 am

elle, where did you see me?

i was in dusten and coco's car when you were driving it, being very freaked out. hahah. hey, i got that picture of you kissing the bird. i'll post it on myspace in your comments for ya. heh.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 3:39 am

yeah i had to drag mr muddyspear outta the road friday night, i love that kid. & i love you gonerfest but you are a bitch to clean up after...

yes its me pony from the hi-tone and yes it is about time i got on this board.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 3:54 pm

thanks for everything, pony.

the mess we can make... yes, it's a mess.

ROCKENING NEXT!
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 5:08 pm | Edited by: cococomas

Eric & Zac - thanks for having us...it was an honor to play....
oh...whose bloodstains are on that Tokyo Electron shirt I bought?
Knaughty Knights 7" is a doozy!!
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 6:40 pm

nice haircut pony.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 10:55 pm

isnt it ridiculous?
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 11:31 pm

eric - i just wanna make sure you know im not ungrateful at all, it was really an amazing weekend for me, i was watching and hanging out with bands ive only listened to and admired from a distance. you guys really put on one hell of a festival and i had an epic time.

(i totally gotta finish mopping right now... sorry dan)
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 11:54 pm

nah, i mean, we made a mess!

you guys did some great work, and thanks!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 3:05 am

Shit, sorry elle, didn't mean to freak you out. Driving in the US is great!

Pony, I love you too. And thanks for dragging me outta the road. You're always great.

Eric, you already know the love so I won't declare it again. Sorry I've not spent the hundreds of dollars I usually do at the store. I do have my eye on some stuff though so I'll drop by soon.

Shit, I'm missing Christina Ricci's boobs!!! She just lost her virginity.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 5:05 am

word!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 2:24 pm

She lost it to you??
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 5:03 pm

good music, nice people, cool things to do, getting drinks at most of the places..woo! i just found out that i get paid for the days i took off also. thanks, goner!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 11:05 pm

She lost it to you??She lost it to you??

Yeah and she won't leave me alone now.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 12:09 am

Aside from having to spend Saturday and Sunday in bed in the hotel room with what I thought was food poisoning, but now after googling around I'm pretty sure it was gastritis (inflammation/bleeding of the stomach lining) from drinking waaay too much...........I had a fucking great time this weekend! And no I'm not being sarcastic. Thanks Eric and Zac for putting on an amazing weekend! Even though I was only really there for half the time, it was still worth every penny.

I completely fell in love with Memphis too, the city & the people.....I'm seriously considering moving to mid-town within the next year. It was great to finally meet a lot of you goners!
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 12:11 am

Oh yeah, I took about 150 pics on Thursday and Friday....but most of them turned out like total shit, due to my digital camera screen being broken.....but I'll post the halfway decent ones soon.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 1:08 am

again and again- memphis folks are GREAT. from jay reatard through jack stands, everyone went out of their way to make this a great time. no egos, just making something good happen was what it was all about. THANKS TO EVERYONE!

but festival needed out of towners to make it happen! thanks for coming and having a good time.

beware: memphis might not be that much fun 24/7/365.

you know all kinds of folks knew about this thing and were curious due to the flyer article... louie was at a Jiffy Lube today and the mechanic knew all about goner! that's great!
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 1:36 am

beware: memphis might not be that much fun 24/7/365.

Damnit I knew there was a catch!

Just kidding.

I think the main reason I loved Memphis so much was just the attitude of most of the people. Very different from the midwest. Or Milwaukee atleast.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 2:55 am

kalamazoo had a small gang down there
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 5:31 pm

yes its me pony from the hi-tone and yes it is about time i got on this board.

imposter!
Posted: Sep 30, 2005 12:12 am

imposter my ass
its me i swear...

come to the show tonight and ask if its me when i card your ass
Posted: Sep 30, 2005 1:28 pm

Please tell me that Matt Muscle was not your Goner Fest role model.
Posted: Sep 30, 2005 5:56 pm

Matt was on his better behavior- holding down the mic at the crazy kajun ss Armory show so louie could get a lyric in without losing teeth!
Posted: Sep 30, 2005 6:21 pm

i loved goner fest so much that i have stayed in memphis all week even after it ended! eric and zac are fantastic hosts. this was a helluva a lot of fun and truly great to meet many virtual people in person. i want to thank everyone who gave me a ride - coco, king louie, aron, alisa. still here.... leaving tomorrow. gonna be tough
Posted: Sep 30, 2005 7:04 pm

loved goner fest so much that i have stayed in memphis all week even after it ended!

yeah, i applied for a job with the u.s. attorney's office in memphis yesterday. totally not qualified for it but it's just doing research and i can do that. all i need is to get an interview and i can bullshit my way into a job.
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 12:58 am

Gotta tell ya...got around to listening to my Goner Boogaloo CD Vol 1 and I think NOTHING could ease me into my weekend better...well...and the fact that our City Manager gave Katrina volunteers tix to the SAINTS game on Sunday!!!!!! My co-worker even gave me her tickets too!! I'm stoked. 1st pro-ball game!! Doods.

Oh and I wished people could let their hair down like they used to for Fuzz Club and have a real soul dance party with uptight attitudes checked at the front door....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®