Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / SONIC CHICKEN 4...& MORE...
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 9:06 pm

Haloha dudes!!
I don't really know why I'm posting that right now, but I guessed some people had to know... I'm very sad to say that, but sadly, ( at least for me.. )a few weeks ago the band decided to stop playin' rock n roll. That's it, thanks to all of you who helped out!!! ThanKs Memphis and Gonerfest !
I'm destroyed
byebye
ghi slain
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 9:14 pm

And with "a bunch of good reasons", like any other r'n'r band...
Posted: Aug 7, 2010 9:54 pm

I just bought the lp and the TIM single not long ago, listened to them both tons.....Great band...this sucks. good luck to all the guys and girls in that band with whatever else they got going on.
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 7:25 pm

love you Slaine! best band!
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 1:51 pm

dang.
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 4:28 pm

BEAST BAND! And the most tequila drinking band of any of 'em all!

WE LOVE YOU.... REUNION RUIN SHOW 2011!
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 4:55 pm

No.1 at Gonerfest VI! I danced like a drunken child.
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 10:32 pm

No.1 at Gonerfest VI! I danced like a drunken child.

SECONDED. You will be missed!
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah that sucks. Missed your show here.
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Will the 2nd album be released?
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 3:45 pm

there's a second album??????????????????????
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 9:21 am

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 9:27 am

Well, about the 2nd album, in fact, it's ready since a year now... Larry was supposed to release it on ITR, and we've been waiting for it for a long time, but it's about a year now I don't get any reply to my emails about it, so I think it's completly over with ITR...
It's a 12 songs recording with most part of the songs we played last year at the Gonerfest.. In spite of we stopped the band, we'd still like it to be released someday, because we worked hard on it and are pretty happy with the songs. I also think that it would be a nice end to our life as a band..
I was thinking the last months to ask other labels, but since the band is over now, I'm not sure that any label will want to release it... Dunno...
But if anyone can be interested in releasing it, I can send the CD, just email me at that adress: ghislain.giband@wanadoo.fr
Of course, Eric, if you have any idea, or wanna have a listen to the songs, let me know...
We're glad of the interest anyway !
Ghislain
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 2:58 pm

Larry was supposed to release it on ITR, and we've been waiting for it for a long time, but it's about a year now I don't get any reply to my emails about it, so I think it's completly over with ITR...

let me release it!

sorry to hear you guys broke up, but glad your last american show was with me and christine! that was one of the best sets i've ever seen by any band.
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 4:42 pm

Yeah! Get it out there! Black Gladiator would be a great home for it.. I can't imagine anyone who heard the first one not buying the second one, regardless of the bands status.
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 5:52 pm

Would love to hear it, and maybe release it in a cool way that doesn't require a touring band to push it... get in touch ... gonerrecords@gmail.com
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 10:42 pm

dibs!

so far my first two records aren't by touring bands, and neither are the next two! gotta keep this theme going...
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 11:00 pm

driving yourself into the poor house i tell you, not saying anything bad about the bands just the touring....
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 8:08 am | Edited by: Adam K

Goner Board, makin' it happen!
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 9:22 am

CHICKEN FIGHT!!!!
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 4:38 pm

driving yourself into the poor house i tell you, not saying anything bad about the bands just the touring....

no foolin'!
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:40 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

and i know goner could make it happen way better than i could. i probably should start fucusing on putting out a record by a touring band. wish i knew of a good one that doesn't already have an album out.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:50 am

Hold on, Joe.

Would love to hear this stuff if ITR is indeed out... ???
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 4:07 pm

All I know is that someone should put this album out! I love this band,
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®