Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / Goner at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 11:26 am

I went to the new Grammy Museum in LA a couple weeks ago - there's this exhibit called "Music Epicenters" which is basically an interactive map of the USA where you can zoom in on cities and it shows the major musical contributions coming from there decade by decade.

So I zoom in on Memphis, of course the 50's is Sun, Elvis, etc, 60's is Stax ... I go to the 00's and its all Goner! They mention the label, the store, and even this message board! There's some blurb about how even though rock'n'roll is no longer mainstream, Goner is where all the good stuff is at these days. They even have a couple songs to listen to, Reigning Sound and Lost Sounds I think.

Anyways, my salute to you Goner Records for getting respect in a "museum".

BTW the Grammy Museum is alot of fun, check it out next visit to LA
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Ha! There's a story there... a Goner connection... Chief Curator for the Grammy Museum played in New Fangs... rocked the Buccaneer with This Damn Town... you never know where "our people" end up!

Usually when you're in a museum you're already dead... I hope we still have sharks to jump.

Sounds great... hope to check it out someday!
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Very cool! I hope the next one pops up in the programming department at clear channel!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®