Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / Eddy Current Suppression Ring !
Posted: May 30, 2008 5:23 pm

Posted: Jun 6, 2008 12:04 pm

Wow!
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 7:38 pm

when's the LP coming out??
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 8:47 pm

it's out in aus, in awhile here
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 9:12 pm

yeah, yeah - I know! - but I was meaning the Goner LP version.... hence the post in this here Goner Records tab…
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 10:33 pm

FYI, they are playing the shit out of some Eddy Current Suppression Ring lately here in Atlanta on WRAS-FM Album 88, one of the local college outfits in town (Georgia State). I'm hearing a different song off the new album every day and have really been digging them.

By the way, this station has the most powerful college radio signal in the country at 100,000 watts -- i.e., the message is getting out in pretty much all of North Georgia as well as some parts of Alabama. Goner Über Alles!
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 10:45 pm

Great! Thanks for the update. We're in the midst of trying to push our stuff all over the place (instead of just via our trusty & great goner network) and it's great to hear that people are playing it!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 8:50 am

aria's are this weekend
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm

no win
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 1:41 pm

what?
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 10:25 am

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm

nice feature in spin fanzine (along with a mention of local favorite's MGMT (!)), but no goner mention. Curses, publicist!
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 4:37 pm | Edited by: bruce

http://www.spin.com/articles/eddy-current-suppression-ring-0

Even weirder has been the critical reception to Primary Colours (Goner).
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 5:19 pm | Edited by: eric o

The Pitchfork one came about because the writer was passing through Memphis, saw a write-up in the Flyer, checked out their video online, and did the piece!

who says we're not cutting edge here in the boonies?
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 5:48 pm

Apparantly Mike D'Antoni is involved in this Eddy Curry supression ring now too. Says he's gonna keep him on the bench until he gets in shape.
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 10:24 am

There is a full page write-up and big-picture on ECSR is in Spin this issue!
A GonerFest 4 t-shirt is involved!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:46 am

any plans to release the band's first lp over here in the states??

$30 for the lp fropm Oz id kinda pricey
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:01 am

yes.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:21 pm

A GonerFest 4 t-shirt is involved!!!

I printed that shit!
WITH MY OWN 2 HANDS!
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 12:36 pm

Yunupingu scoops awards

GEOFFREY Gurrumul Yunupingu continued his remarkable year by scooping the AIR independent music awards this week. He took out best independent album, best new independent artist and best Australian independent blues/roots album.

The Herd took out best independent band and Eddy Current Suppression Ring, who closed the show, won best independent hard rock/punk album for Primary Colours.

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®