Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / We got some props....
Posted: May 28, 2008 8:12 pm

From a site called RCRD LBL:

http://www.rcrdlbl.com/2008/05/28/download_cococoma_tryin_to_read_my_m ind_premonition

"If the carnival had a carousel that had vibrating rockets instead of bobbing ponies, Rumplemintz and PBR instead of Icees and roller coasters that rattled more than the Cyclone in a hurricane the music wouldn't just be a pipe organ wheezing calliope music, it'd be the fucked up, off the rails, fast as you can pumping of CoCoComa. Start with the guitar/drum spazzing of Bill and Lisa Roe, whirl in a mad dash of Mike Fitzpatrick's organ anchor, coat with Bill's shredding lead vocals and sprinkle with the "whoah-oh-oh"s and group shouting that only comes with the unabashed embracing of being sweaty and dirty for the sake of a good time and you've got CoCoComa. Today we've got "(Tryin' to) Read My Mind" from their S/T debut release on Goner Records and "Premonition" from the Shit Sandwich limited run 7" EP. Chicago's World's Fair in 1893 may have the distinction of birthing one of America's first serial killers, but the Chicago-based CoCoComa carnival will cause a bigger ruckus than Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show."

by our friend Christen Thomas...
Posted: May 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Nice, that puts you into the great company of bands like Gringo Star and Earl Greyhound.
Posted: May 29, 2008 5:34 pm

I thought that meant you were gonna be like the Dickies or SNFU from now on
Posted: May 29, 2008 6:04 pm

HA - I WISH.
Posted: May 30, 2008 2:47 pm

HA - I WISH.

C'mon Bill, doncha wanna take a stab at "Stukas Over Disneyland?"
Posted: Aug 10, 2008 5:31 pm

SNFU...far out.

It's been a while since I thought of that band!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®