Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / Flower Travellin' Band...
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 10:41 am

so I'm listening to 'Satori' which i just purchased on lp yesterday & wondering if the other record is as goddamn great as this one?.... sounds like alot of covers from yer description.... any feedback?.... kinda pricey if it's just OK....
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 12:17 pm

satori is by far the best/heaviest one. they are all good, though. don't let the covers aspect of the "anywhere" lp scare you. to hear their version of "black sabbath is worth the $ alone.

buy the japrocksampler book if you haven't yet. it is great and will go out of print fast.
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm | Edited by: cococomas

buy the japrocksampler book if you haven't yet. it is great and will go out of print fast.

yeah - I gotta get it... but I've been trying to save some $$$ for Europe...
hopefully it'll still be around when we get back.....
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm

we should have the satori lp and the book back in mid-next week.
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 12:38 pm

spend your money at goner. your u.s. money is no good over there.

those europeans and their coins. coins coins, bags and bags of fucking coins! sheesh.

have fun over there.
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 1:17 pm | Edited by: cococomas

oh, no - I'm not buying any of this stuff over there - I meant just saving for the "in general" of being over there... believe me, no one has to TELL me to spend money at Goner...I def. do my share...
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 1:50 pm

yeah, I know. I was just being a smartass.

you don't want any real financial advice from me. all I've ever come home with from europe is a bunch of kinder egg trinkets and a mess of tiny COINS!
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 3:29 pm

kinder eggs & doner kebab, bratwurst, cheese and schlager!

definitely get paid in euros!
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 10:29 am

"those europeans and their coins. coins coins, bags and bags of fucking coins! sheesh. "

They still have £1 notes in Scotland, pretty darn civilised, compared to Engerland and the coin-tastic Euro...
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 12:19 pm

i love the teeny tiny 1 cent euro coins!
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 12:53 pm

Just read Japrocksampler on tour.... WHOAH!
Gotta hear me some Speed, Glue & Shinki!!
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 11:12 pm

kinder eggs

i love those things.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 11:21 am

Hey, Bill: http://www.inthepines.org/blog/index.php?itemid=190

A lot of the download links are dead, but a good portion are still up. The Speed, Glue & Shinki stuff I've heard doesn't quite match the awesome descriptions in Cope's book (it's more or less tame blues rock), but I've also never heard their Eve LP, which is supposed to be their monstrous apex. Gonna look for that (and a ton of other recs) when we're in Japan!
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 2:13 pm

yeah, I downloaded 2 of their records the other night, "Eve" & Speed, Glue, & Shinki" (the one w/the tiger on the front).... "Eve" is better...but they're both OK... but I agree...the only record talked about in that book that lives up to his description is "Satori".... that LP is a mindblower!
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 5:14 pm

les rallizes denudes stuff ain't good enough for ya? jeez!
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 5:23 pm

Really. I ain't heard many records more mindblowing than 77 Live.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 6:43 pm

The version of "Enter the Mirror" on Flightless Bird is killer. Not to mention "Flames of Ice." Fuck, what a great band.
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 2:05 am

satori and anywhere are fuckin classics. rallizes denudes shit is fuckin sick as daeth especially "heavier than a death" and "twin silver". blues creation is fuckin sick too holy shit demon eleven creation shits fuckin nuts.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 12:43 am

There is a nice little cache of FTB records on eBay right now. Wish I could afford one.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 12:50 pm

the only record talked about in that book that lives up to his description is "Satori"....

i guess I shoulda specified - "that I've heard so far"....
The Les Rallizes Denudes stuff goes without saying... kill-uh!
proper vinyl releases (or just more bootleg represses) need to happen!
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 9:13 am

Asked Toshio from Record Shop Base about a lead on any of this stuff while we were over there and he started cracking up! Had no idea the FTB stuff was so elusive & expensive. Had a feeling the Speed, Glue & Shinki albs would be few and far between (and didn't see a one). Did score a few nice reissues, though: Blues Creation, first Spiders rec, Friction EP, etc. Record stores in Japan are fucking nuts, 'specially if you like '70s Britpunk or any sorta powerpop. Same with UK psych/beat shit. Seriously the most exhaustive selection of British shit I've ever seen. Fucking two copies of the original Skip Bifferty LP in one store. (They were about $800 a pop.) Multiple copies of the first Neon Hearts 45 in another. And other Euro stuff: Sods LP in mint condition staring me in the face from its perch on the wall, Bastards 45 right next to it, etc. Real pricey, though.
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 9:29 am

Fucking two copies of the original Skip Bifferty LP in one store.

JEEZUS! - I woulda shit myself if I'd seen that!
fuck it - I'm shitting myself right now!
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 10:25 am

oh yeah, got the flower travellin' band SATORI lp (and cd, and Japrocksampler book) back in stock... more to be listed this afternoon...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®