Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / Gonerfest Hotel- Better rates!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Cassandra at Milhouse Travel has arranged some blocks of hotel rooms at great rates for Gonerfest!

search their website for these deals:
Artisan - 49-55/night
GenX 67-89/night
Holiday Inn Express Downtown - 89-99/night

hint: search for hotels near downtown.

updates posted here on the bulletin board
or at the Gonerfest Hotel Info Page

Also posted info on the Hostel near the Goner Store- not sure about the details on that, but it's cheap.

No real deals on the Red Roof Inn or Motel 6 as of yet...
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 8:39 pm

I was originally going to do the Motel 6, but I found the prices were about the same at the Artisan. Actually, exactly the same. Gen X looks awesome! And to get the Holiday In Express rate, you need to book it through the website.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:31 pm

yeah, Hemant put up people from his wedding party in the Hotel GenX- it's brand new & semi-fancy. Great price for that!

The Artisan is in the middle of being completely redone, but it is verrrry centrally located- walkable to Hi Tone, Murphys, Buccaneer, or afterparties. Not totally close, but walkable.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:45 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

oops! thanks!

also, for those yet to book, Yes! Artisan is great! as far as location! it was sort of a distance, but we walked and biked everywhere when i was last in town.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 9:33 am

The $67 rate at Gen X is a Corporate Rate. Do you think if you booked that all they'd need to see at check-in is a legit work ID photo card, or do you need to prove you're actually in town on business in some way? Anyone tried this? $79 rack rate otherwise.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:01 pm

I dunno. If you look at the hotel site, the rooms are really expensive. Over $200 I think? I'm in the Artisan though. I think a ton of people are gonna be staying there. Pool party!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:03 pm

no wait....that must have been the double tree.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:23 pm

I was going to stick with Red Roof at $59, but an extra $20 p/n for Gen X doesn't seem unreasonable as it looks way better.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:42 pm

I hear it's wonderful actually. and free wifi.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:51 pm

Is the French Quarter Suites Hotel really that bad??? I've checked the web and it looks ok, but after reading the comments over here, I don't know anymore... anyone has stayed there before??
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:53 pm

the f.q. suites is kinda trashy but fine. all of the rooms have big hot tubs. it's easily within walking distance of the hi-tone.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 3:01 pm

That's what decided me to go there, to be able to go to the High Tone walking (and come back creeping...) I'm not too cheeky with hotel rooms, so I guess it will be ok for just a week. Thanks for the info!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 3:52 pm

The French Quarter room we stayed in at New Years didn't have a hot tub - at least not one that I saw. Hell, we had to call the front desk to get a damn shower curtain. They did have free, fairly fast, wireless internet though.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Artisan and FQ Suites are easily the most convenient, but they get such bad reviews on tripadvisor.com I've been put off.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:47 pm

I think people on the goner board have much lower standards, especially regarding cleanliness, than people using tripadvisor.com.

That said, for the same price I've stayed in much nicer places than the F.Q. Suites. but I think the convenience factor outweighs the negative aspects.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:48 pm

the Artisan was just fine. bad reviews? how long are you gonna be in there anyway?

a pool!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:50 pm

who would take the time to write a bad review on a 70/night hotel room anyway? they didn't get their towels on time or what?
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 8:12 pm

True. Most of them are a bunch of whingers. You do get what you pay for. Forgot about the lower standards of us Goners.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 8:14 pm

Pool party!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 8:40 pm

people on the goner board have much lower standards

Sure, very true. I thought the French Quarter was fine, plus very conveniently located.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 9:13 am

i've stayed at the place now known as the artisian 3 times and except for the unflushable toilet which i'm blaming on brooks from the terminals i've never had a problem. but then again i was pretty much on the verge of passing out before i hit the lobby. if you're just looking for a place to pass out after the shows you can't go wrong, it's TOTALLY walkable to the hi-tone or the buc and i walked to goner more than once while staying there but i haven't owned a car in a bunch of years so i may be more used to walking than others. if it's cheap, grab a room there.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 4:15 am

Have the Goner Guys thought about getting in touch with the visitor's bureau to arrange special rates?

I know the film commission arranges special rates for when film crews come to town - the Doubletree on Union for less than 70 bucks!!
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 6:02 am

French Quarter is fine. How much time do you plan to be in the room anyway?

Of course, the Artisan does have a pool - but during the last Goner fest somebody had an after party get together thing and they wouldn't change the music that they were playing outside and it was awful!
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 6:56 am

Yes, that's also what I was thinking, I'm going to be there just to sleep a few hours and have a shower. I'll survive!
Thanks for the feedback.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®