Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 4:03 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

"Get Off Of My Lawn".

I wonder who wrote that one.

Cameron did. But I'm solidly behind the sentiment.
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 9:47 pm

JUST ADDED....

JEFF EVANS & ROSS JOHNSON on Saturday Night!

Big stage, big sound, Msrs Jeff and Ross have been tearing it up weekly (NOT weakly) in Memphis over the past year... you'll flip any lid you've got left!

barring unforeseeable change, that is the lineup... YOWZA!

wait until you see the poster, c/o CROWBAR... g'damn!
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 10:22 pm

SOMEONE ADD FRANTIC to AN AFTERSHOW -- at the Armory!!

Or to something.
With the PUSSUADERS!!!

Quinn!?
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 10:24 pm

April?
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 11:12 pm

i don't know if there'll be time for an aftershow, you know Printer's Alley says shows have to be over by NOON the next day!
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 11:21 pm

Wha-huh?

Printer's Alley?
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 12:01 am

late late night action!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 12:46 am

Sweeet!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 1:03 am

yep. i'm gonna put together some shows for the non sleepers at printers alley thurs, fri, and sat....they legally sell beer all night long.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 1:29 am

FRANTIC!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 2:15 am

um, errr, uh, sure!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 4:21 am

Found it: http://www.myspace.com/printersalley

Kitchen Open til 5am, Local Delivery til midnight Mon-Wed and 4am Thurs-Sun. 37 beers to choose from and b.y.o.b ALWAYS allowed and ENCOURAGED.

Sure soundzzz alright!
BYOBottle? Crucial!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 4:26 am

sometimes you gotta sleep!!!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Bruce. Sleep when you're dead. Come play!
Their's brain cells that need to be kilt.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 6:57 pm

will there be cake and ice cream..? and arcade games..? Wizard of Wor please !!
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 4:34 am

Their's brain cells that need to be kilt.

You obviously have not met Bruce.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 6:22 am

HA!!!
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 7:27 pm

Thomas Function added to thursday night!

Unfortunately, Ghetto Ways cannot make it.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Thomas Function

CRUCIAL!!!!

Thanks!!
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 11:54 pm

Ghetto Ways cannot make it.

What? Now I'll never get to creep ou-, I mean, hug Jenna.
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Ewww....I finally heard Lover (SSLD) on Dos Mutantes (7-20-07) -- oh boy is it great!

Looking forward to it Rich!
Is Rich on here? Who's in the band?
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Is Rich on here? Who's in the band?

I heard that Marsh & Daphne are....
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 9:58 pm

What!?! Holy moley.
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 10:01 pm

yep.

OVERNIGHT LOVERS!
Posted: Jul 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Rich, Marsh, Daphne, and Abe from the Oscars & T. S. O. T. = LOVER!
Posted: Jul 30, 2007 4:20 am

Oh yeah, also due out at Gonerfestf... limited editions of Carbonas, Head, and Cococoma records! Ross Johnson compilation! Crowbar book of drawings! Crowbar art show & art for sale! Holy crap!!!
Posted: Jul 30, 2007 4:26 am

limited editions of Carbonas, Head, and Cococoma records

New/different recordings?
Posted: Jul 30, 2007 5:47 am

new stuff, advance versions (except for the Head, which should be out for real by then.)

Lots of work to be done!
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 7:43 pm

Die Rotzz/ICU/Evil Army after party at the Armory that friday I believe.......from what I've been told...
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 7:50 pm

I think Black Rose Band is on the bill too...not sure...
Posted: Aug 4, 2007 3:55 am

are all these shows gonna be 21+?? me n my friends wanna head down from cleveland + chicago but not if we cant even get in...
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 4:06 am

what hotels still have vacancies?
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 4:25 am

There's nuthin a little game of "hide the sausage" can't fixx if your too young to get in. Trust me!

HAWW!
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 5:00 am

are all these shows gonna be 21+??

18+ at the hi tone...i'm sure the other places won't be carding
Posted: Aug 6, 2007 5:15 am

Rich! Motel 6 already gone? NO!
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Hey Eric/Zac. Any update on getting a bulk rate discount at any hotels for Gonerfest? Was going to book some rooms at the Red Roof Inn, but wanted to see if you guys had worked out any deals yet.
Thanks.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 6:32 pm

we should know next week about a hotel deal next week. BUT... it's not gonna be cheaper than the red roof inn. we're hoping for a deal at the artesan, but no breath-holding, please.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 3:49 pm

Royal Pendletons should play somewhere, i.e. I'd like the Royal Pendletons to play.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:03 pm

DD & THE MEATBALLS site up now!

WHOAH!
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 8:14 pm

holy peroni! that site is great.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Hey Eric, any news on the Artisan? The Motel 6 is already booked?!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 1:55 am

Do we get any other sort of verification from you guys for our pass deal, or is the pal pal one it?....Just wonderin'...hate to get out there and have somethin' go haywire....other than me that is....
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 6:20 pm

ok here's who's playing the after hours shows:

Thursday:
LES HORMONES (sanfrancisco, ca) http://www.myspace.com/leshormones
COFFIN BOUND (atlanta, ga) http://www.myspace.com/coffinboundsound
MOSQUITO BANDITO (lansing, mi) http://www.myspace.com/mosquitobandito

Friday:
CHEAP TIME (nashville, tn) http://www.myspace.com/cheaptime
NOBUNNY (tucson, az) http://www.myspace.com/nobunnylovesyou
SNAKE FLOWER 2 (sanfrancisco, ca) http://www.myspace.com/snakeflower

Saturday:
WIZZARD SLEEVE (wetumpka/mobile, al) http://www.myspace.com/wizzardsleeve
PUSSUADERS (memphis/jackson/nola) alix, daphne, darcy, and chris cover persuaders songs

these shows will cost 3 bucks probably. they will start as soon as the hi tone gigs end....i'm guessing around 2am. they are at a bar called PRINTERS ALLEY located at 322 South Cleveland (1.83 miles from the hi tone). these shows are 21+ (sorry! if you're younger and wanna get in get a fake id!) they will have beer for sale all night and food til 5. also you can bring in your own liquor or beer or whatever. they're really laid back.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 6:31 pm

RAAAAAAAD!! Wizzzzzzards & Puzzzuaders!!

Whoo Hoo!

also you can bring in your own liquor or beer or whatever
CRUCIAL!
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey Eric! I sent ya another email. Got my friend working on some good price deals for hotels through her travel site.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 6:38 pm

ok....correction. i found out you cannot bring your own beer in. but yeah liquor/whiskey/champagne/etc is all cool!
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 9:01 pm

thanks jessica!

here's another lodging option that mr sherman hipped me to- not sure on entry/exit flexibility, but it's cheap, and right near the goner store.

http://www.pilgrimhouse.org/

With traditional hostel values at its core, Pilgrim House operates with the help of guest participation in light daily chores, and serves individuals and groups alike.

please make sure that you can enter at 3am- it would suck to be locked out after hours!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 1:42 am

Note to folks who do the after parties: carpool if you can. I went to the Printer's Alley for the first time to see Pink Reason; decent place, but a lot of the parking is residential for the most part.
I'm going to try to make some of these, and April may have some other ideas, but parking at first glimpse was weird.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 2:58 am

that's actually a valid thing to bring up....i'm trying to think of any parking lots that are even close to there. i'll be down there tomorrow night and i'll try to remember to check it out. i don't think they're used to very big crowds.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 5:43 am

we're also hoping to figure out shuttles between locations for the gonerfest time. if anyone wants to make some $$$ or knows a cabbie who would recognize how lucrative this could be, get in touch!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 6:25 am

You're a cabbie who would recognize.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 7:03 am

whoo, good one!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:41 pm

speaking of shuttles... if someone would like to do some research into hummer limo rentals in memphis, let me know the skinny! google turns up nothing. I ain't hardly bullshitting about this!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 6:42 am

HUGE!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 6:42 am

I'll try to look into the hummer limo Martel.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 8:45 am

Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:34 pm

oh, snap!

thanks!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 6:13 pm

hummer limo rentals in memphis,

There HAS to be one in town. I just saw a stretch Hummer Limo by Poplar and Mendenhal. Painted with zebra stripes, no less.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:05 pm

You're a zebra stripes.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 11:32 pm

Hey, Eric, check yr email please.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 11:18 pm

26 Days. The reality is starting to settle in now.
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 12:02 am

yikes!
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 4:12 pm

Opening ceremonies Thursday 5:30 pm
Greg Cartwright solo set!

Great feature on Thursday night rockers Thomas Function up at Detailed Twang!
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 11:04 pm

Opening ceremonies Thursday 5:30 pm
Greg Cartwright solo set!

Very exiting news!! But VERY disappointing adding this sweet, sweet affair earlier than the earliest show time mentioned.

I intentionally booked my flight to arrive later in the afternoon (5pm!) so I could arrive in plenty of time to commute to the room, eat and roll on over to the show @ 8/9pm.

Cry. Oh well.....guess I'll be sober(er) for the Goner showcase.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 11:13 pm

Hey Sherry - I thought you were getting there on Wednesday?....Greg's on Thursday...
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 3:04 am

Greg's on Thursday...

What. An. Asshole.
I just seen 'opening ceremonies' and wigged.

Whoo-hoo. And sorry.
Thanks, Bill!
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 3:04 am

no prob - and WOO HOO!
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 3:06 am

WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 3:47 am

I get back into JXN Sept 12. I wanna go to goner-fest... I just don't wanna pay a million bucks to get in and hang around a buncha stuck-up dicks blowing me off and end up in some Motel 6 in Senatobia wondering why I'm not at home watching t.v. If there's a good-time to be had lemme know and maybe I'll show up. Other than that, I'll just read about it Monday morning and be fine with that. drunk and being a dick - bvalentine: wpvalentine@gmail.com
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 8:25 am

You poonce. You'd better shut up and come down. I asked Mike where you were one of the last times they came up. True story.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 4:09 pm

um...yay!
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Well....the person that was gonna use my extra Golden Ticket just backed out --- glad I ALWAYS go to these things by myself so I don't give a rats ass.

Sooooo.....I have an extra weekend pass for sale: $50? $45?
If interested, email me at everybodysdoinit@gmail.com
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 8:57 pm

WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yes! CAN NOT WAIT.
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 11:50 pm

if i send a check will i get an actual physical ticket? or something?
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 12:30 am

Tickets are will-call only.

From: http://www.goner-records.com/gonerfest/tickets.html
For each of these methods, you will not receive an actual ticket!
Your name will be on a list- ID must be presented for entry.
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 12:42 am

you get a wristband when you show up, and goodies!

we'll get in contact with all ticket buyers this week if we've got an email address for you. If you send a check, please include an email address.

THANKS!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 10:23 pm

We can't wait to get down there! This will be Goner Rhea and Jahna's first time in the big "M"!
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 2:13 pm

This shitz BIGGER than Memphis In May!!!
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 10:31 pm

240 hours away.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 12:25 am

Goner Rhea

no shit? make sure you find me! I'll be there
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 2:02 am

Jack Stands - are you recording Gonerfest IV in its entirety this year?
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 2:23 am

Yep. More suprises about this later.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 2:31 am

Awesome!
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 2:53 am

Think we'll bring the video camera !
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 2:55 am

I'm bringing my digital camera to take videos. Hopefully we'll get at least one song of each band.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 5:18 am

International press coverage! Right here!
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 5:57 am

Bring it!
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 12:32 am

i just want to say im more excited about this than christmas and although its my first please dont be gentle.
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 5:12 am

it really seems like it's gonna be the best gonerfest ever.
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 5:14 am

i'm curious (and sorry if this was already answered i'm too lazy to look) where is the 2nd stage at murphys for the saturday day show? the parking lot?
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 5:16 am

inside/outside trading bands
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 6:07 am

Will post schedule for Murphys tomorrow... managed to mess it up in the program, hopefully fixed!

yeah, outside (cue Hib Stranglers!) in the parking lot!
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 3:13 pm

program

YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I make a schedule for myself every year/for every fest....and was SOOOOPER stoked to get (an awesome) one at Wet T-Shirt Wild Weekend!

Thanks so much for thinking of this!
Everyone will appreciate it.
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 10:28 pm

i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super stoked about it. one week away. can't believe it's getting so close!!!!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 10:29 am

Super siked! 1 more week!
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:55 am

if anyone is wondering about the limo... them are expensive. don't bother.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 3:14 am

I was wondering about the limo just today. Will you be emerging from the Subaru instead?
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 4:46 am

gonerfest girls, DIGGER & THE PUSSYCATS!!!

these men are HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and they're aquarians, so if you're a libra, forget it. you'll be hooked!

i saw them tonight and they were great.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 4:03 pm

gonerfest girls, DIGGER & THE PUSSYCATS!!!

these men are HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and they're aquarians, so if you're a libra, forget it. you'll be hooked!

i saw them tonight and they were great.

We played with them in Holland 3+ years ago and I thought they were fantastic. Good guys too.
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 4:20 am

the weather forcast looks good! slight chance of rain on wednesday, but sunny the rest of the week....highs in the low 80s!! finally cooling off a little :)
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 5:39 am

What's the taxi situation like in Memphis? Are there plenty of cabs that troll the streets or do I need to call ahead to be picked up?

How bad is parking? My plan is to drive to the day shows but take a taxi to the night shows so I can have plenty of fun.

Thanks for any advice.
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 5:46 am

there are no taxi's in memphis, well, maybe two
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 5:53 am

you would definitely have to call a taxi. you can probably catch a ride if you don't mind riding with someone who's had a little to drink. i'm sure i'll have room in my car most of the time.

at the vintage store and goner it's all street parking. murphys has a parking lot and it's also right next to a piggly wiggly so some people can probably park there. also, murphys is just under a mile from the hi tone so you could probably walk on saturday.

parking for the hi tone is kinda shitty.
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 5:54 am

every once in awhile i see a taxi pull up in front of murphys...maybe that's cuz someone called them though.
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 2:10 pm

we're giving the cab companies a heads up that there will be lots of work this week - hopefully that will help with response time.
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 2:31 pm | Edited by: zac

[url=http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/sep/21/pop-punk-from-go ners]http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/sep/21/pop-punk-from-go ners-garage/

[url=http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/sep/20/gonerfest_events _info]http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/sep/20/gonerfest_event s_information/
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 5:40 pm

Did anyone ever say what is included in the golden passes?

I'm curious about the Wed night showcase and the Sat shows at Murphys. It doesn't say one way or the other about those shows.

I got to budget bitches!
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 5:59 pm

http://www.goner-records.com/gonerfest/tickets.html

$50 for Golden Pass good for all events
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 6:07 pm

duh - thanks jackstands
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 12:13 am

Is the gonerfest blog happening again? debating whether or not I should bring a laptop.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 2:25 pm

it feels like christmas morning! a stupid one where i gotta go to work before i open my presents, but still....
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm

tune in for exciting special stuff, should be announced later today!
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 6:31 pm

I'm freaking out.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 9:28 pm

tune in for exciting special stuff, should be announced later today!

there's more! i'm having the hardest time sitting through work today. i can't wait to see everyone!!! :)
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 5:41 am

Thanks so much...Eric ,Zack...all the bands....I had a fucking AMAZING time.....and I'm probably not gonna shit for a week thanks to all that awesome BBQ!...great fucking job......!
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 7:06 am

Yeah, I really can't say thank you enough to everyone who put this together. It was hands down the best festival I've ever been to, and Memphis was so beautiful all week! Much nicer than 145 degree June! I'm gonna start saving for number five right now...
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 9:56 pm

i have at least 8 new favorite bands now. and i'm really having a hard time re-adjusting to life without second-hand smoke. maybe i can convince the boss to ditch the muzak in the lobby and hire twinkle as our office dj.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 11:12 pm

staags tape is great!
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 11:46 pm

BIGGEST.PARTY.EVER.
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 1:31 am

we had a blast, glad you guys did too! thanks for being a part of it....
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 3:04 pm

Things I loved (off the top of my head):

Murphy's on Saturday was INCREDIBLE. Goodnight Loving, BRB and Digger all killed. Wish I could have seen Vending Machine.
Head! That dude had the BEST guitar sound.
Ed O. should consider doing solo sets more often. Sounded wonderful in the store.
Goner showcase on Wed Carbonas were outstanding and Tokyo Electron were pretty mind-blowing. Final Solutions are always great to see, also.
Tyler and Jay's sets on Thursday. Wow. Glad that there will be video so I can be sure I saw what I saw. The world may not truly be prepared for what Jay is doing at the moment.
Jay dealing with an idiot the way he had to be dealt with.
The Jeff Evans movie was cool, especially the scenes from the King Biscuit radio show. That host was hilarious.
Thinking about what an amazing DVD Chris and co. are going to come up with.
Our Philadelphia St. guests (Slovenly Pete, Elvira, Belinda and Satu) ruled. Nicest people in the world.
Seeing several folks I hadn't seen in a while, and meeting some I'd only emailed/myspaced before.

Things I did not love:

The fact that Jay needed to deck that dude in the first place.
Chris Reyes being told he had to pay at Printer's. (What the hell is UP with those people?!?!?)
The traffic on my block due to the fair (concurrent).
That I had to miss all but about 2 minutes of the Light Years show (as well as Hank IV on Fri).
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 4:29 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

Ed O. should consider doing solo sets more often. Sounded wonderful in the store

yeah, i wish i could've gotten to actually see Greg on wed night (and i'm being selfish, too, because i got to see an hour and a half of a set in milw), but that's ok! it sounded so f'n awesome in there, you could even hear it perfectly if you were standing outside. i still can't get over that "Break My Heart" song (is that the actual title?), i was tearing up.....now that i know it;s on the MW record, i'll have to get it sooner rather than later....and, Ed, i hope it's ok to say that i really, really hope it's on a new RS record!
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 4:02 am

I don't even know how to say thank you. Such fun seemed impossible before September 26. I'll think of a favorite moment only to have it overtaken by another. So much Goner love - much of it on my shoes and in my lungs.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 9:45 am

Yeah, I really can't say thank you enough to everyone who put this together. It was hands down the best festival I've ever been to, and Memphis was so beautiful all week!

I completely agree, best festival I've ever been.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 1:41 pm

Big thank you to Eric, Zac, John and everyone who made it possible, all the great bands and Whiskey Bent for being so wonderful. Coming back to London was painful but I had a hell of a time in Memphis.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 3:49 pm

I'm back in London too, and jetlagged beyond belief. Eric / Zac / John - you guys did an amazing job, totally great weekend, had a fantastic time. My third Gonerfest and the best one yet. Too much cool stuff to pick a favourite.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 4:06 pm

I'm back in London too
Come to the Rip Offs tomorrow Gary!!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 2:51 am

good god, i don't think it is humanly possible to listen to more great music, meet more awesome people, and drink more beer than i have during goner fest weekend. it was such a blast! :D can't wait until next year!!!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 9:17 pm

check out some HANK IV footage I got...sorry the audio is blown out:

URL
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®