Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / peter laughner-take the guitar player for a ride
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 3:36 am

do you guys know if you could get a copy of this, or is it out of print?
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 3:51 am

i think out of print.
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 5:05 am

long outta print. there's a peter laughner website though that sells cd-rs of all his stuff.
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 5:49 am

great record. it should be reissued.

check ebray.
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 5:52 am

forced exposure still has the cinderella backstreet single available.
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 6:39 am

we got that for sale, usually (right now we're out.)

rocket from the tombs stuff is best you can get right now....
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 8:59 am

yeah i got that cinderella backstreet single that blew me away, and the rocket from the tombs stuff has been my guiding light for better or for worse(for good health or for bad) this year, so i'm trying to find all the laughner that i can. i've checked ebay with no luck. what's the name of that website that sells the cd-r's?
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 3:32 pm

www.handsomeproductions.com. they got like ten cd-r's for sale includin the tape he made the night before he died. plus friction, cinderella backstreet etc...

they should make a book outta his creem articles an rec reviews too like the lester bangs carbeurator dung book.
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 8:33 pm | Edited by: The Driver

they should make a book outta his creem articles an rec reviews too like the lester bangs carbeurator dung book.

Damn fine idea - I'd love to re-read some of those now. Is my memory totally shot, or did he really interview Rory Gallagher for Creem!?
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Yikes - $69.99 and $129.99 on Amazon!!??
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 11:41 pm

yeah, that rory gallagher article is great ("something in the back of my head kept flashin amphetamine".) also great were his reviews of marquee moon (he was in television for 3 days when richard lloyd quit once), the first modern lovers rec an that lou reed album where he starts off by sayin it made him so depressed he went on a week long bender which culminated in him aski n his sister in law for head before he passed out.) also his review of punk mag was great too. i still got all those old issues.

hey goner, do you guys sell the rocket from the tombs double lp (the old one not the reunion)??? if so, how much???
Posted: Jan 13, 2007 5:24 am

that coney island baby review blows me away everytime i read it.
Posted: Jan 14, 2007 2:20 am

it's on "The Day The Earth Met RFTT" and but it's called Amphetamine. I've bought and lost that album 4 times, I took the last one from the goner store.
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 9:10 am

tim/kerr records out of portland reprinted it in the mid-1990's and i at one time owned a copy, its long since found its way into the wreckage of the past
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 3:04 pm

tim/kerr records out of portland
yep, that's the copy i have now, they also did a box set of the pere ubu early singles
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 8:06 pm

I'm pretty sure someone is working on an expanded reissue -- probably Smog Veil records, the guys who did the RFTT reissue?
Posted: Jun 21, 2015 3:02 pm

The complete Ann Arbor Tapes are available for free download through the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j6x6j69pofyyj2p/AAClsid7l3dQSGA85k3Tno0ta?dl=0 It includes previously unreleased recording of "Fire Engine" and "Candy Say", in addition to Story of My Life, Blank Generation, Dead Letter Zone, Amphetamine, and Venus de Milo. Peter Laughner: guitar and vocals, Don Harvey: reed organ, bass and backup vocals on Candy Says. Enjoy, and spread the word to anyone you think would like them, just please don't sell them. Thank you, Don Harvey
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Wow!
Posted: Jun 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Wow is right!
Posted: Aug 17, 2015 1:17 pm

This is a great record! A friend made me a copy of it a while back, but I've never heard anyone talk about it before or since.

Looks like there was a reissue at one point, but that's long gone. Would love to see it out again!
Posted: Oct 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Indeed!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®