Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / Break Up, Break Down LPs?
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 11:02 pm

did those already go away?....me wanted to order one.....

dammit.
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 12:15 am

they bad. get the cd.
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 1:33 am

I've had the CD for forever - just thought I'd pick up the LP for kicks...
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 2:04 am

some one in LA told me there was a band called break up break down...
dont' know if its an LA band or if its an RS tribute band or what.

who knows about this?
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 7:21 pm

greg has posted on here that most of the LPs are sitting in a closet. I got one, the cd sounds waaay better.
Posted: Apr 16, 2006 9:07 pm

i kinda like the way the LP sounds. the grooves are slightly off or something, giving it this weird off kilter feel - like a bar band in "twin peaks." i just thought it was part of the RS sound until i heard the CD.
Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:22 pm

from what I was told the LP sound for whatever reason the sound didnt come through so thats why I bought the CD. Good stuff though just the same
Posted: Apr 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Now I really want to hear the LP just to check out the difference.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 9:58 am

The hole is off center by just alittle bit. It isn't really noticable at first what's going on. It just doesn't sound right. As it gets closer to the center it becomes more severe.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Cut a 45 hole in true center and use an adapter. ?
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 7:54 pm

Go for it...or listen to the cd.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 3:00 pm

Too simple.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:30 pm

1) Were copies of this LP up in the Goner store recently?

2) I will pay handsomely for a copy. Email thomasghopkins at yahoo dot com if you want to sell.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:35 pm

Amazing what people will pay for. :P
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 5:23 pm

kinda like the way the LP sounds. the grooves are slightly off or something, giving it this weird off kilter feel - like a bar band in "twin peaks." i just thought it was part of the RS sound until i heard the CD.

Me too! had the LP for years until I got the CD.
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 5:58 pm

Cut a 45 hole in true center and use an adapter.

I don't think that would work with the CD.
Posted: Apr 24, 2006 10:01 am

i remember i replaced my vinyl copy of the compulsive gambler's "bluff city" a couple of years ago 'cuz the cd sounded way better!
Posted: Apr 24, 2006 1:36 pm

what is this some kind of breakbeat record or something??? rs=rolling stones??? greg=gregg ginn??? are you guys speaking in code??? i'm confused.
Posted: Apr 26, 2006 11:09 pm

i've got the lp and i love it.
Posted: Apr 27, 2006 9:11 pm

I just want the 7" that came with LP originally. It has their cover of "Here Without You", right? and what else?
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 4:57 pm

So did whoever get they money back for a bum pressing?
Posted: May 2, 2006 4:07 pm

So, I thought that the first 7" and BU, BD LP were coupled together and sold (couldn't get one without the other). I was wrong.

(still want that 7")
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 10:47 pm

i kinda like the way the LP sounds. the grooves are slightly off or something, giving it this weird off kilter feel - like a bar band in "twin peaks."

The Fire Walk With Me soundtrack blows minds. "The Black Dog Runs At Night", "Questions In A World Of Blue" and of course, the bar song. All amazing.

I recently saw Lynch do an interview before the Los Angeles Film Festival screening of Blue Velvet and he said that Inland Empire will be coming out this fall. Good times.
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 2:52 am

The 7 inch has West Texas Sound, Here Without You, and Pretty Girl. I would consider selling my Break Up Break Down LP. It sounds like it is warped, and it came that way.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:26 pm

i'll probably wait til reigning sound is world famous then sell mine and buy a house
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 6:40 am

I saw 25 or more of these years ago at a local thrift store for 1 buck each... I bet Greg donated them ?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®