Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / REIGNING SOUND LIVE AT GONER RECORDS lp AVAILABLE NOW!
Posted: Nov 29, 2005 5:16 pm

Due Dec 15

21Gone REIGNING SOUND LIVE AT GONER RECORDS lp

First 125 orders from Goner get colored vinyl...

Pre-order via the shopping cart only.

Thanks!

http://www.goner-records.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&pro ducts_id=1177

REIGNING SOUND LIVE AT GONER RECORDS lp info:

Amazing live show at Goner... previously available as a limited edition cd.

Reigning Sound Live at Goner Records features different tracks and better sound (!) than the Telstar Records Live At Maxwell's lp/cd... Including quite a few Tennessee-based tracks- covers of Sam The Sham, Dan Penn's Swingin' Yo-Yos, and the great Carl Perkins, along with great Reigning Sound originals!

Track Listing:

Time Bomb High School
Bad Man

Reptile Style
What Could I Do?
Black Sheep (Sam The Sham)
Tennessee (Carl Perkins)
Straight Shooter
Carol

Do Something (Swingin' Yo-Yos)
Girl
New Romance
Two Thieves (Electrocution Edit)
We Repel (Each Other)
I'm So Thankful
I'm Holding Out
Drowning

Recorded live at Goner Records, June 26, 2005.

Cover art consists of a spread of fantastic photos taken that day by Justin Burks... music and atmosphere expertly captured by backroom geniuses Robin Pack and Kyle Johnson of Rocket Science Audio.

Reserve your copy today! Expected ship date: Dec 15. With pre-order, we will ship as soon as Lps arrive.

http://www.goner-records.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&pro ducts_id=1177
Posted: Nov 29, 2005 6:30 pm | Edited by: mongo

mongo want.
hookorcrook
Posted: Dec 1, 2005 11:49 pm

Do Something (Swingin' Yo-Yos)

Soooo where might one track down the original version of this? I can't find any info on it searching for swinging yoyos or dan penn or anything else?
Posted: Dec 2, 2005 4:04 am

it's hard to find, amazon will not have it! vinyl only I am pretty sure.
Posted: Dec 2, 2005 8:26 am

hookorcrook -

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&topic=7663 &forum=4&page=-1

has some more info for you. the yo-yo's are yours for one 25 dollar bill (approx. one 15 pound note).
hookorcrook
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 12:40 am

wow, i was spelling Yo Yos wrong.
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 4:38 am

Posted: Dec 8, 2005 5:58 am

are there any colored pre orders left????
Posted: Dec 8, 2005 8:30 pm

colored vinyl pre-orders are gone. we'll have a handful on the 15th for memphians who didn't pre-order.
Posted: Dec 11, 2005 5:54 am

Eric, I better have gotten one. You better be sendin one to Winston-Salem.
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 5:28 pm

are these still going out on the 15th?
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 8:29 pm

as of right now, we'll have 'em on the 15th, go out 16th.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 7:32 pm

Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet?
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 7:33 pm

What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like? What do they look like?
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 8:15 pm

Reigning Sound records have arrived...come and get em.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 8:25 pm

What's the color like? Solid? Clear? multi-color?
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 8:27 pm

Red and white mix, but a little darker than you would think.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 8:29 pm

I'll check it out tonight!
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 11:36 pm

These sound great! Good cover also.
Posted: Dec 16, 2005 4:34 am

Sending out pre-orders soon?
Posted: Dec 16, 2005 5:19 am

ed o,
Listening now. Neat-o. Congrats, man. Good show.

- Robin
Posted: Dec 16, 2005 6:30 am

we're gonna try and get them all out tomorrow, pre-orderers!
Posted: Dec 16, 2005 8:59 am

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas!
Posted: Dec 16, 2005 4:30 pm

Big thanks to Robin(jack Stands) for documenting this. Couldn't have done it without you! -Ed O
Posted: Dec 17, 2005 3:20 am

Kyle Johnson rules it, too!
Posted: Dec 17, 2005 3:39 am

orders are going out in the order we got 'em... not all tomorrow, but lots. and lots more on monday. we're crankin' em out as fast as we can.
Posted: Dec 17, 2005 6:27 am

send mine tomorrow
Posted: Dec 17, 2005 6:52 am

Also, be sure to catch the Khan & BBQ cameo at the very end...
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 12:11 am

pretty red marbled awesome sounding record. :D i love it.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 11:33 am | Edited by: Luke Warm

I just read the mention of the record in the Flyer, with a slight twinge of annoyance.

This is what happened with that recording.

Robin:
...talked to Eric and Zac.
...talked to Greg.
...secured permission to record the show.

Robin and I:
...discussed options on the best way to capture the show.
...agreed on 8-track.

I:
...put together the gear.
...figured out how it was all going to work.

Robin and I:
...loaded the gear into the store.
...set up the gear and placed the mics.

I:
...pushed the record button.
...twisted knobs.
...listened intently.

Robin:
...listened intently.
...wrote down song start and end times.

Robin and I:
...packed up the gear.
...went home.

I:
...worked on the mix every night in my free time.

Robin:
...came by, listened and said, "there's too much 'New Daisyness' in the kick drum."

I:
...removed "New Daisyness" from kick drum.
...finished the mixes.
...edited the show (Nothing important! Just tuning. LOTS of tuning.)

Robin:
...gets the credit.

Sorry, Robin.
Thanks for the mention above.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 3:23 pm

Sorry about that Kyle. My shout out to Robin alone was only cause I didn't know you were prowling this board as well. Both you guys are aces in my book. And if it's any consolation, I've read reviews of both Mr. Airplane and Deadly Snakes records that rave about Jack Oblivians "production". HELL, he wasn't even there. Hence, changing my last name.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 3:39 pm

Kyle -- I wrote that piece and I'm sorry about that too. I took quick, random notes during a conversation with Zac and barely got the mention of the album into that issue (I was writing w/o benefit of said album in front of me, just a burned cd and a songlist)... I will make sure you get deserved credit in anything else I write about it -- you BOTH did a great job.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 8:02 pm | Edited by: Luke Warm

Thanks Greg and Andria. I didn't mean to be a whiney bitch. It was just that of all the records I've worked on, this is one of the few that I really want people to know about (and I do tend to have an emotional streak). But, I've had my chance to gripe, and I've gotten some sleep since, so I'm OK now. In the end, I'm just happy to have been involved.
Also, by no means do I mean to diminish Robin's role in the record (I wouldn't have even been there were it not for him) or his abilities as a recordist. Not to mention that his ear was invaluable in getting this record to sound right (he was absolutely right about that kick drum, among other things).
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Kyle -- no problem, it sucks to not get thanked or even mentioned...

glad you're feeling better!
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 8:41 pm | Edited by: Luke Warm

Shit...it's not like I haven't gotten credit for it. Eric mentioned me in the first post of this thread and, oh yeah, my name is on the record.
Besides, there's no "I" in "great fuck'n record."

It's best to ignore my posts anyway.
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 12:47 am

Lovely red marbled vinyl and great recording of "I was there!"
Thanks, ALL.
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 8:29 pm

got the red marbled version in the mail today. holy smokes. i dunno if i can go back to "live @ maxwell's" now. and that's a mighty fine record. but "live @ goner"? damn.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 2:08 pm

Damn, I heard it was pretty, but damn! I got mine yesterday and I may have to frame it and get a regular one to listen to!
Posted: Dec 22, 2005 4:57 pm

Lookin' forward to having this on vinyl. T'was the perfect start to a great two weeks in Memphis. Actually, the night before when the boys played the Bucc was the start. Shame that wasn't recorded - or was it? Jack/Luke? All I can remember from that night was crackin' my head on the floor so a reminder would be nice.
Posted: Dec 22, 2005 6:54 pm

man, i make it on the cover of a reigning sound LP and i'm fucking drinking sparks!
Posted: Dec 22, 2005 7:18 pm

Whats that tell ya?!
Posted: Dec 23, 2005 1:43 am

I think...THINK...that Mr. Stands might've gotten the RS show from the Bucc on DAT (two mics in the air). But don't hold me to that.
Posted: Dec 23, 2005 11:02 am

He got he Reigning Sound and the Dutch Masters. The Reigning Sound sounds good. The Dutch Masters do not. No fault of Mr. Stands.
Posted: Dec 23, 2005 12:27 pm

The Dutch Masters played too? I guess I hit my head harder than I thought.
Posted: Dec 23, 2005 3:31 pm

Thats funny, I remember the Dutch Masters tearin' the place up. Also, got my copiees in the mail today and they sound great. Thanks!
Posted: Dec 23, 2005 3:37 pm

I remember the Dutch Masters tearin' the place up

they did and the recording sounds fine.
Posted: Dec 24, 2005 11:45 am

Actually I do remember it. Saw them twice at the Bucc and one of 'em was for the T-Money benefit so this must've been the other.
Posted: Dec 27, 2005 4:07 am

I did, indeed. Outtakes coming shortly...
Posted: Dec 27, 2005 5:04 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Posted: Dec 31, 2005 5:57 pm

I just got my copy. this is a fantastic record!! wish I had been in the room.
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 7:54 pm

I wasnt sure about getting this but I may have to cause I know it rocks
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 11:50 pm

wasnt sure about getting this

this is probably the best live recording of Greg Cartwright to date, crystal fucking clear! BUY IT!
Posted: Jan 1, 2006 12:04 am

amazing record! thanks to everyone involved in this record, including the great photos! keep em coming!
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 10:18 pm

record looks amazing
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 10:21 am

Finally got around to giving it a spin last night ... Beautiful record ...

Buy immediately!!!!
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 3:30 pm

i still need to get this...grrr
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 12:20 pm

I'm with my homegurl Joe P, this album's awesome! Congrat, and muchos gracias all round, methinks! Prior to officially startin' Sonic Reducer on Saturday nite, myself & Nadia, Joe P and his old school pal Quack sat in the back bar at Filthy's, and spun Live At Goner, the second South Filthy, and Home For Orphans - a great start to the evening!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®