Black Beauty, the never-before-released masterpiece by Arthur Leeâ€™s legendary bandÂ LoveÂ is making its first-ever official release in any format, anywhere! Chosen as one ofÂ Time Magazineâ€™sÂ most anticipated releases, critics are hailing the album as an instant classic.Â Black BeautyÂ is
that rarest of rock artifacts: an un-released, full-length studio
album, from an undisputed musical genius. It represents the missing link
in a catalog that also includesÂ Forever Changes, the seminal 1967 Love album the New York Times called â€œone of the most affecting and beguiling albums of all time.â€ WithÂ Black Beauty,
Arthur Lee manages to combine searing â€™70â€²s rock with gorgeous melodies
and stellar songwriting â€“ topped off by his most distinctive, snarling,
soulful vocals ever. With unparalleled sound, and a wonderfully
eclectic collection of songs, the album offers Love fans a rare glimpse
into a previously undocumented phase of Arthur Leeâ€™s career, while
shining a light for new fans to discover the unique genius that is the
music of Arthur Lee and Love. David Fricke wrote about the album in
Rolling Stone: â€œBlack BeautyÂ might have been received as a strong comeback for Lee, a turn to steamy R & B, with heavy-guitar punch â€” if it had come out.â€ High Moon Records is honored to finally grant Arthur Leeâ€™s wish forÂ Black BeautyÂ to be available to music fans worldwide.
- 180-gram vinyl LP, packaged in state-of-the-art tip-on sleeve with
11â€ x 11â€ full-color, 28-pageÂ book with download card for High Quality
- ExtensiveÂ Black Beauty essay by Ben Edmonds (Creem, Rolling Stone, Mojo), featuring all-newÂ interviews with band members, colleagues and close friends of Arthur Lee.
- Abundant, never-before-seen Black Beauty-era photographs by Herbert Worthington, cover photographer of FleetwoodÂ Macâ€™s Â Rumours.
- Brilliantly re-mastered by multi-GrammyÂ® Award Â nominee Dan Hersch (Paul Simon, the Kinks, the Cars).
- Mastered for vinyl by multi-GrammyÂ® Award winner Doug Sax (Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, TheÂ Who).
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 14 March, 2014.