wo Sides To Every Story
, the criminally
long out-of-print solo album from founding Byrds member, Gene Clark,
finally returns to vinyl.Â 35 years after its initialÂ 1977Â release on
RSO, High Moon Records re-mastered,Â
presented in stunningly rich and crisp audio fidelity thatÂ will shed new
light on this underrated, beautifully-crafted Gene Clark classic. The
album was produced by Thomas Jefferson Kaye, producer of Clarkâ€™s
masterpiece,Â No Other
, and features an
allâ€“star cast of musical co-conspirators: singer Emmylou Harris,
banjo-virtuoso Douglas Dillard (The Byrds, Dillard & Clark), Country
violin legend Byron Berline, guitarist Jeff â€œSkunkâ€ Baxter (Doobie
Brothers, Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell), and pedal-steel ace Al Perkins
(Flying Burrito Brothers, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones). Gene Clark served
as The Byrds chief songwriter in the mid-sixties, penning some of their
most essential songs, including â€œFeel a Whole Lot Better,â€ â€œEight Miles
Highâ€ and â€œYou Showed Me.â€ Clarkâ€™s inimitable songwriting and singing
continue to inspire and influenced countless artists. Among them: Robert
Plant and Alison Krauss (who recorded TWO of his compositions on their
2010 GrammyÂ® winning Album Of The Year,Â Raising Sand
Â ), Bob Dylan, Fairport Convention, REM, Tom Petty, Yo La Tengo, the Flaminâ€™ Groovies, Teenage Fanclub, and Wilco.
- CD packaged in deluxe Hardbound Eco-Book with deluxe 24-page full-color booklet.
- CDÂ Cuts on exclusive High Moon Records Download card.
- Liner notes by John Einarson, author of the acclaimed Gene Clark biography, Mr. Tambourine Man.
- Never-before-seen Two Sides To Every Story album session photos by Rock & Roll Hall of Fame photographer Ed Caraeff.
- Meticulously re-mastered by multi-GrammyÂ® Award nominee Dan Hersch (Paul Simon, the Kinks, Â the Cars).
1. Home Run King
2. Lonely Saturday
3. In The Pines
4. Kansas City Southern
5. Give My Love To Marie
6. Sister Moon
8. Hear The Wind
9. Past Addresses
10. Silent Crusade
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 12 May, 2014.