Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / New Orleans: where should I eat (that I haven't been to before)
Posted: Nov 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Gonna be in town Dec 25-28. Anniversary dinner on the 27th, been to Arnauds, Brennens, Court of the two Sisters. Commander's Palace? Galatoires?

For poboys/sandwhiches, been to Mother's, Domalises, Mahony's. Suggestions?
Posted: Nov 26, 2013 6:45 pm

If you're looking to have one single unforgettable blowout type of meal, I'd go with Restaurant R'evolution. Galatoire's is good, great even, but the food is straight up old school creole and not that different from Arnaud's or Brennan's. R'evolution is more contemporary and a lot less stuffy than those old line places. Do not go to Commander's unless you're looking for an old south plantation-style atmosphere and service with mediocre food.

For po boys, Parkway, Crabby Jack's, Avery's (get the "sandbag").. all of those will probably require a car unfortunately. If you're at Siberia, Gene's is a good "colorful" place for late night poboys. And speaking of Siberia their kitchen is actually really good.
Posted: Nov 27, 2013 11:40 am

Also would highly recommend Bayona for the anniversary meal. Chef Shaggy of Persuaders fame runs the kitchen, easily one of the top 5 restaurants in the quarter and probably the most romantic.
Posted: Nov 29, 2013 2:18 pm

two of my favourite that I try to get to each time I visit are Cochon 930 Tchoupitoulas
& Adolfo's on Frenchman (above the Apple Barrell) neither take small bookings you just gotta show up & wait - but it's totally worth the wait!
Posted: Dec 1, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks! Both R'evolution and Bayona look great. We're driving in, I always stock up on meat in Lafayette on the way back home.
Posted: Dec 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Posted: Dec 12, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks Bazooka!
Posted: Dec 13, 2013 10:32 am

didja read the reviews? i agree with all the good ones. some of them really took me right back to that spot. matt pendelton was driving me and the wife around and i saw it and made him pull over. he'd never been there before either, and he loved it.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/ledisquaire/FRADYS_zps7829a475.j pg
Posted: Dec 16, 2013 11:51 am

Yeah, it looks awesome.
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 10:48 am

Lunch reservation at R'evolution for a week from today. It sucks when your anniversary falls on Fri or Sat and you try to make last minute reservations. thanks Womb Raider for the heads up!
Posted: Dec 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Did Mona's survive Katrina?
Posted: Dec 27, 2013 9:08 am

If you decide not to go to your fancy anniversary dinner, come by Siberia. Me n your boy Buck are gonna be DJing 6-9 tonight
Posted: Dec 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Damn missed the show at Siberia that night. Had a wonderful late lunch at R'evolution and while waddling back to our room ran into my old buddy Gabe Soria. That threw off all other plans for the evening. There where even multiple Jimmy Bradshaw sightings.
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 9:57 am

Always eat great in New Orleans!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®