Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / I made soup yesterday
Posted: Feb 5, 2013 12:23 pm

So, I decided I was going to finally break in my crop pot and make soup. I am not the worlds best cook, but I can hold my own on some things. I have never made soup. So, I bought some chicken stock, some breasts, some white potatos, a yellow onion, some carrots, celery and rosemary.
I had some garlic at home. Basically, I tossed all of that shit, except the chicken, in the crock pot. Turned it on low. This was about noon. Hung out with the kiddo, played in the snow a bit, and took kiddo back up to her moms place. I was done with all of this by 9. Got home. Tasted, added some salt and pepper, and threw in the chicken. Turned up the heat to high. About an hour later, it was done. I have four big containers full and lunch for the week. I like it. I need some pro tips for next time. So, any insight?
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 11:01 pm

I love cooking in a crock pot. My wife makes tortilla soup. It's awesome. You can get the recipe online.
Posted: Mar 15, 2013 11:24 am

Soup is for old people and others who have problems with forks.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®