Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Where should I eat while I'm in Memphis?
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 11:01 pm

I haven't been here in a few years. Any new ( in the last 2-3 years) places I must try?
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 1:29 am

Only Bosco's is real
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Really? There's nothing new that's any good?
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Only Bosco's.
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm

My wife has never been to Memphis and is extremely excited to eat Paynes BBQ for the first time and Gus's chicken. But where should I take her for ribs aside from rendevous? Cozy? Tops? Let me know.
Posted: Sep 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I always tell people to go to a Piccadilly Cafeteria when in Memphis, esp. if they need some relief from meat. There's one south of Graceland which is a good refuge after pondering the King's demise.
Posted: Sep 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks.
Posted: Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm

oh gees..really Piccadilly?? Thats like hospital food. Other places to get veggies. Soulfish, the Cottage and the Cupboard even are better than the Piccadilly. Real fucking gross.
Posted: Sep 25, 2012 5:59 pm

You can get good traditional style, Memphis hickory smoked ribs at the BBQ Shop, The Pig on Bealle, and Blue's City Cafe in the Midtown/Downtown area. The Rendezvous's ribs are coal fired and Cozy Corner's are pit roasted, which does wonders for everything but ribs. Lot's of people on here really do love their ribs, but I prefer their chicken wings, Cornish hen and link sausage.
Posted: Sep 26, 2012 12:24 pm

UW, what about the BBQ baloney?
Posted: Sep 26, 2012 3:28 pm

That Cozy Corner cornish hen is one of the best things youll ever put in ur mouth.
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 10:03 pm

Word, all that was left was a small pile of finely polished bones
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Burger King
Posted: Jun 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Paynes and Cozy's were very memorable.

Also, that place that serves the deep fried hamburger was kinda cool for sheer Gandolfini massive heart attack potential.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®