Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Superbowl food
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 6:59 pm

Whatcha working on for Sunday?
Posted: Feb 4, 2012 11:01 am

Trying to find some Popeye's coupons because I don't really feel like paying full price to have my digestive tract shredded.
Posted: Feb 5, 2012 9:55 am

Getting the smoker and grill ready:

2 Meat Bombs (variations on the infamous bacon explosion), "Three Little Pigs": bacon weave surrounding pork sausage stuffed with ham an sharp cheddar and the "Guido": homemade Italian sausage stuffed with roasted peppers and mozzarella.

Smoked wings with homemade blue cheese dressing
3 ft Muffaleta on french bread
Queso, antipasta
King Cake and cupcakes
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 11:25 am

I shoulda gone to your house.

The problem with only eating Popeyes once a year is it gives me time to forget how awful it makes me feel, and then I feel like I can eat 7 pieces of spicy chicken. Ugh. Want to die.
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 1:08 pm

Damn Carney! those sound amazing!!

bbq chicken, country style ribs ribs & hots links. Wanted to keep it simple. Don't watch the superbowl, but we did smoke a Super Bowl before & after chowing down.
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 4:26 pm

Matto made Piquillo peppers stuffed with finely chopped Manchego cheese, Spanish chorizo, piparras, shallots, pistachios, and rice cracker crumbs...re-dick rich and hella savory, a valiant undertaking coming right off the last Slabtown Bender...and plenty decadent for the delicate GI tracts of at least one of us.
Posted: Feb 7, 2012 9:21 am

7 pieces of spicey Popeyes would do a number (2) on anybody! I like Popeyes but only eat it every couple of months. I wish we had Cains in TX.

Our party was a blur, the meat bombs were attacked and devoured in about 5 minutes. The Guido was the winner, I need to refine the Three Little Pigs concept.
Posted: Feb 7, 2012 3:20 pm

the meat bombs were attacked and devoured in about 5 minutes

hah. i've taken to frying turkeys for football games. it's amazing how quickly a hungry pack of football fans can destroy a 14 pound turkey. like piranhas. meanwhile, the same turkey, roasted in an oven and served on thanksgiving will produce leftovers for days.
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 12:09 am

I usually have way too much food, but they wiped out everything except a handful of wings and a big slice of king cake.
That's funny about the turkeys, I used to have a bandmate who would eat a whole rotisserie chicken for lunch.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 11:26 pm

A valiant undertaking coming right off the last Slabtown Bender...and plenty decadent for the delicate GI tracts of at least one of us.
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 11:57 pm

A valiant undertaking coming right off the last Slabtown Bender...and plenty decadent for the delicate GI tracts of at least one of us.

Boot Camp North Sydney
Posted: Feb 1, 2013 6:39 am

Hello Guys i think that there are many super bowl foods like Pizza always goes over well with visitors at a Super Bowl celebration. You can order pizza or create your own. Small garlic bread also create excellent snacks for the celebration.Chili is a excellent main course for a Extremely Dish of Super Bowl.Chips and dip will get any Super Bowl celebration off to a hitting nice beginning.S'mores are a great bite-size sweet for a Super Bowl celebration.Thanks a lot!!
Posted: Feb 1, 2013 7:57 pm

well said!

I think re-reading my posts from last year has dissuaded me from procuring popeyes again this year.
Posted: Feb 2, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello Guys i think that there are many super bowl foods like Pizza always goes over well with visitors at a Super Bowl celebration. You can order pizza or create your own. Small garlic bread also create excellent snacks for the celebration.Chili is a excellent main course for a Extremely Dish of Super Bowl.Chips and dip will get any Super Bowl celebration off to a hitting nice beginning.S'mores are a great bite-size sweet for a Super Bowl celebration.Thanks a lot!!
orange county gyms
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®