Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Christmas dinner plans?
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 2:06 pm

I am going for the prime rib roast, dutchess potatoes traditional route. What are you doing for xmas?
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 10:22 am

Surf and Turf xmas eve.
Chinese take-out and basketball for Christmas
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 12:05 pm

I really want to do Prime rib, but we will have 10 eaters, and that warrants a 5 rib roast = hell of expensive.
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Yeah, I am doing a 3 rib. Mmmmm. surf and turf sounds good, but besides my bro in law, my family members are not down with seafood. Maybe I should do a shrimp cocktail as an appetizer?
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 3:12 pm

You know anything about paella, Carney?
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Not really, but I figure its the same technique as jambayla except its not covered and you add the ingredients at different stages so everything comes out right. Similar to fried rice, I would also assume.
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 10:23 am

xmas eve here:

one pot of jambalaya
roast turkey
bacon wrapped little smokies
corn/ cheese mufins
hamburger bbq (the pa dutch version of sloppy joes)
coconut cupcakes
pumpkin cheese cake w/ bourbon chocolate sauce
beer
whiskey
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm gonna line up 100 tacos and eat them all.
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 9:10 am

8 lb leg of lamb. Marinating starts in 12 hours.
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 1:19 pm

^ LOL was my #2 after the spanish fried rice.
Posted: Dec 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Christmas eve: I don't think we actually had dinner. We snacked on sugar cookies, granola and yogurt and the kids had corn chips and salsa. Fake microwave cheese quesadilla.

Christmas day tradition: Chinese buffet and a movie.
Posted: Dec 25, 2011 5:33 pm

last night: shrimp marinated in jalapenos, cilantro, etc. and grilled, and a sweet potato and chrorizo hash drizzled with my queso blanco... and nick made egg nog. The we watched a bunch of john c. reilly movies.

Today is matambre (flank steak rolled and stuffed with cheese, veggies, kielbasa and wrapped in bacon) with twice baked potatoes and more egg nog. We're home alone this year, it's been pretty nice that way.
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Got a 4lb standing rib roast. Threw it, with crushed garlic, thyme sprigs, salt and pepa, in saran wrap for 24 hours. Took a blowtorch to the outside to brown it and threw it in the oven, slow and low, at 275 for an hour and a half. Removed it and let it sit for 30 minutes. It was perfect, on the rarer side of medium rare.

Prime Rib with horseradish cream and au jus
Bacon braised brussel sprouts
Pureed cauliflower
Mashed Potatoes
Yorkshire Pudding
Bourbon laced Pecan Pie
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Sherry pot roast
Tortilla Espaņola w/ manchego and piquillo peppers
Broccolini with garlic and smoked paprika
Sherry-butter glazed carrots and shallots
...and rhubarb-blueberry crisp with pistachio crumble.

..and some amazing Spanish wines...o'course!
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 5:09 pm

last night: shrimp marinated in jalapenos, cilantro, etc. and grilled, and a sweet potato and chrorizo hash drizzled with my queso blanco... and nick made egg nog. The we watched a bunch of john c. reilly movies.

Today is matambre (flank steak rolled and stuffed with cheese, veggies, kielbasa and wrapped in bacon) with twice baked potatoes and more egg nog. We're home alone this year, it's been pretty nice that way.

you mofos is RULING! damn!
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 7:48 am

you mofos is RULING! damn!

I want some of your pumpkin cheesecake!

our duet of the family ties theme song was really the best part of christmas dinner. toooo much egg nog.
Posted: Dec 28, 2011 4:20 am

xmas dinner at Jublitz truckstop , straight up holiday fare with ginarmous portions.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Today is matambre with twice baked potatoes and more egg nog. We're home alone this year, it's been pretty nice that way....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®