Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / bob evans biscuit stuffers
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 7:00 pm

http://www.bobevans.com/product/Bob_Evans_Sausage_Gravy_Stuffers.aspx

picked some up today, but saving for next weekend. anyone else try these yet?
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 9:07 pm

why are you fucking with this? Whippin up some homemade sausage gravy and baking some biscuits probably takes just as long to prepare as it does to heat these fuggers up, plus homemade sausage gravy is one of the greatest things ever...
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 10:50 pm

sorry, but even I have some kind of moral compass that does not allow me to eat things whose name end with "gravy stuffers." Good luck with your acquisition and keep us posted.
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 7:41 am

i've never made biscuits and gravy. will give it a shot.

but fuck you all, these are gonna be goooooood!
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 9:08 am

i've never made biscuits and gravy. will give it a shot.
At your age, that's worse than being a virgin.
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 9:24 am

dang.
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 11:59 am

Clearly, you're suffering from too much Pennsylvania.
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 10:52 am

Shit, even I have made biscuits and gravy before (many times, actually) and I live in fucking Michigan!
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 11:24 am

Try some biscuits and scrapple. Don't eat it twice, but try it.
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 12:27 pm

many times, actually

Bob Evans?
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 1:37 pm

you definately can't make homemade biscuits in the same time it takes to pop one of those in the microwave.
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Bob Evans?

Yes--I like using the zesty or maple variety. Makes good gravy.
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 3:36 pm

I get homemade biscuits made for me when I am hungover. I am told they are Elton Browns recipe. They are amazing. Totally positive reinforcement.
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 11:39 pm

you definately can't make homemade biscuits in the same time it takes to pop one of those in the microwave.

B and G is drunk food, you use tube biscuits.
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I could really go for some B and G right about now.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 11:45 am

Grits not biscuits!
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 2:53 pm

you use tube biscuits.

might as well eat some bob evans biscuit stuffers!
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Naw, its all about the gravy and sausage, the biscuit is merely a delivery device. Toast works, too. We're talking 4:00 am come home from the bar and rustle up some pots and pans. Baking implies measuring and I am only good at measureing 1.5 oz into a shot glass.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

fuck you, i'm eatingt my stuffers tonight. can't wait til the weekend no mo. yeah, i' drnkj alrteady.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 5:11 pm

mamas, don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
raise 'em up on chicken fried steak, and milk gravy
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:11 pm

the biscuit is merely a delivery device.

As someone who will never eat another real biscuit again in her life (celiac-severe wheat allergy), and used to LOVE baking... I totally disagree! A CRACKER is just a ride for the flavorful stuff... but a good homemade biscuit is a completely different animal than a canned or frozen one. However drunk food is drunk food, and all bets are off...
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:15 pm

I never thought of biscuits and gravy as drunk food. Hangover food, yes, drunk food no.

It's funny because I don't mind making biscuits from scratch even when I'm hung over, but making sausage and milk gravy seems like a real hassle. Never done it before.

making biscuits from scratch (or even from a mix) while drunk though, not a good idea. big mess.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:16 pm

also, skank police, couldn't you use potato flour or something? paul from die rotzz is gaining notoriety for his sweet potato biscuits, those probably still have wheat flour though.
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:25 pm

how does that Bob Evans jingle go again?
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm

I never thought of biscuits and gravy as drunk food. Hangover food, yes, drunk food no.

Me neither... frozen pocket-y things on the other hand... though these days I can only have meat on a stick.. so it's meat on a stick I want...do you have any idea how hard it is to find meat on a stick at 3:AM? (you listenin' PDX food carts?!)

skank police, couldn't you use potato flour or something?

There are gluten-free flour blends (rice, potato, teff, soy, etc.) that you can bake with...but don't yield anywhere near the same result. A biscuit that tastes like a biscuit can only be made from wheat. Besides, I'm allergic to corn and soy too...and potatoes, of all things, mess my stomach up somethin' terrible. Good times.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 8:42 am

ok, the biscuit was soft and chewy and dough-like. awful texture, decent flavor. the sausage gravy was great though!

hey womb raider, are your scratch biscuits great? post your recipe if it's real good.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 8:50 am | Edited by: Beer Joint

Take an entire loaf of bread and hollow it out and stick and entire summer sausage inside...then poor the dripping from the country ham your grandma made for easter all over it.

I modified that one from an old Marlon Brando recipe....I have more if you need my extensive cooking expertise.

For me it's not so much what you eat that matters, but how much. If you can't finish everything on your plate and everything left over on everyone elses plates...then the food beat you.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 12:32 pm

You can't ell me I am the only one that comes home drunk and cooks?

but a good homemade biscuit is a completely different animal than a canned or frozen one.

that is true, but if you are going to blanket it in gravy, the biscuit becomes secondary. Great biscuits deserve a simply dab of butter and honey or some good preserves.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 12:39 pm

BJ, this recipe is pretty failsafe:
http://www.grouprecipes.com/60737/good-old-white-country-gravy.html

A cup of grease? No thanks.

Cook a package of sausage and crumble it up some. Pour off excess grease, but leave some in the pan. Sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons of flour over sausage and continue to cook while stirring until flour is slightly browned. Add 2-3 cups of milk and bring to a boil while stirring. Turn down and cook 3-4 minutes. Add more milk if need to get the right consistency.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 2:49 pm

BJ, this recipe is pretty failsafe:
http://www.grouprecipes.com/60737/good-old-white-country-gravy.html

a cup of grease? thanks!
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 5:46 pm

hey womb raider, are your scratch biscuits great? post your recipe if it's real good.

I must say they are pretty good. it's just the alton brown recipe, and I don't even use buttermilk, just regular milk and sometimes a little bit of plain yogurt.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/southern-biscuits-recip e/index.html

my only advice would be don't roll it out to thin, or if you do, fold it over on itself. the recipe should not make more than 6-8 biscuits, otherwise they'll be scrawny and gross.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Cook a package of sausage and crumble it up some. Pour off excess grease, but leave some in the pan. Sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons of flour over sausage and continue to cook while stirring until flour is slightly browned. Add 2-3 cups of milk and bring to a boil while stirring. Turn down and cook 3-4 minutes. Add more milk if need to get the right consistency.

^^^^^^^^^^
this
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 10:30 pm

even though homemade biscuits are infinitely better, these are probably the best store bought biscuits Ive had..better than any tube biscuits
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02/05/93/00/0002059300015_215X215.jp g
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 7:29 am

Cook a package of sausage and crumble it up some

what kind of sausage? just one of those bob evans tube things?
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 8:52 am

bob evans tube things?

That's what I use; mix up an original and a "zesty" and it turns out really good. Or, you can go with the maple if you like it a little sweeter. Good stuff.
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 9:02 am

3 ingredient "homemade" biscuits. Really good and easy unless you are a purist with an aversion to using bisquick.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,194,153180-243193,00.html
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:42 am

Cook a package of sausage and crumble it up some

what kind of sausage? just one of those bob evans tube things?

Yep, I like Tennessee Pride or Jimmy Dean. Spicy.
The same product I use for this:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 12:32 am | Edited by: homophobe

stuffing buiscuits with sausage gravy sounds like you might be secretly gay
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 9:15 pm

DISGUSTING.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING "SPECIAL" YOU WOULD ASK FOR IN THE SECRET BACK ROOM OF A BAR FILLED WITH BIG, BURLY MEN.
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 7:13 pm

BJ, the answer to your prayers is here:

http://gizmodo.com/5520455/bob-evans-sausage-gravy-machine-is-the-last -machine-youll-need

NOICE!
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 8:26 pm

also one of my FAVORITE things to do with day-old biscuits is turn them into cheddar-sausage biscuits! It's easy! Crumble up biscuits (works with old bread, too), crumble up sausage, mix them together with a bunch of cheddar. Add seasoning. In a separate bowl whisk together an egg or two, with a little milk, maybe. Mix that all together real good. Form new biscuits and bake it for 15 minutes or so. YUM!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®