Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / bread and butter
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 6:03 pm

i find it hard to eat buttered bread if the bread is cold and the butter isn't melted. anyone else have that problem?

warm bread/melted butter = heaven.
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm

I like it better when the butter's solid. I like to shave the butter onto the bread. YUM!

I like my bread at least room temp, though. My mom used to keep bread in the fridge. That's just gross!!!!
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Joey - me too. with ONE exception. There is a local restaurant that serves room temp rolls and room temp butter. it is perfect. perfect. i can't imagine heating the roll or having the butter melted. (of course this is the only restaurant that I order completely as is from the menu and have never had to add salt or pepper, make a substitution or doctor any dish in any way)

SSSSSS - cold butter makes for torn bread, y'know?
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 1:51 am

of course this is the only restaurant that I order completely as is from the menu and have never had to add salt or pepper, make a substitution or doctor any dish in any way
great. you're that person. i'm actually related to that person.
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 4:10 am

SSSSSS - cold butter makes for torn bread, y'know?

the key is shaved butter. kinda like shaved chocolate. cute little curls o' butter all atop the bread
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 9:04 am

great. you're that person. i'm actually related to that person.

I taste the food first. Always. If it is lacking, I doctor and substitute.

Mom is that person.
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 12:01 pm

I like bread and butter
I like toast and jam
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 6:20 pm

if you want your butter spreading perfect...dont put it in the fridge. Put it in a covered butter dish. It Wont go bad, dont worry. Butter is always soft this way.
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 7:15 pm

It Wont go bad, dont worry.

Oh, it CAN... believe me... but it takes quite a while. And beware of hot weather...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®