Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 6:57 pm

i have two whole frozen lobsters and i wanna thaw them properly. i hear i just keep them in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking. now... how should i cook them? step by step, please. i've grilled them before, and they were great, but is broiling a better idea?
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 7:42 pm

How to steam a lobster by Jamie Oliver

Find yourself a wide, deep saucepan with a lid and place either some pastry cutters or a small metal cake tin upside down in it this is to rest your lobster on.

Pour in just enough water to cover the saucer or bowl and bring to the boil. Season the cut side of the lobster with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, sprinkle with lemon zest and dot with butter. Place it on a plate that will fit inside your saucepan and sit the plate on the upturned saucer or bowl. Be careful not to burn your fingers! The plate should be above the level of the water so the lobster steams and doesn't boil. Cover with the lid and steam for about 10 to 15 minutes until the lobster's cooked through. Lift the lobster out of the pan, drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf fresh parsley and dot with more butter before serving.
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Sounds like a great Elder's Quorum outing!
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 9:25 pm

we're gonna melt the lobster, man.
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Fer christsake, have a little pity for the crustacean and don't just throw him in the boiling water alive!
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Does RidX work on lobsters too?
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 4:34 pm

don't just throw him in the boiling water alive!
i have two whole frozen lobsters and i wanna thaw them properly
unless these lobsters are special i think they'll be cool.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®