Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 5:55 pm

buffalo grass vodka. pollack bandmate gave me a bottle. i don't usually like vodka, but this shit is GOOOOD and crazy smooth. try it with ginger ale.
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 5:59 pm

zubrowka szhuu.
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 6:39 pm

i don't usually like vodka

How'bout you can send it to me, since you didn't get me a Crimmus present, and go on drinkin' your fancy brown bullshit...huh?
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Na Zdrowe!
I'll mention Zubrowka to my dizzy Polish friend. He drinks the shit out of Slavonic beverages. He digs that blackberry brandy shit. I forget the Polock name of it.
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 12:51 am

I love that stuff. Found on place in Louisiana that sells a pretty poor variety of it, but it is one of my favorite things to bring home when I go to Chicago.

Try it with Apple Juice....seriously.
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 1:21 pm

thanks for the recommendation. Svedka is OK, but I've noticed the price going up lately.
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 3:09 pm

things to bring home when I go to Chicago.

stock up on malort next time. depending which way you want to take it it'll get the party started or end it.
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 7:33 pm

terrible, but a good prank
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 7:00 am

Try it with Apple Juice....seriously

i know you're supposed to mix it with apple juice, but i don't like that shit. its like the chinese food of juices. bottom of the barrel.
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:09 am

Well, you could wear one of your fancy sweaters and mix it with cider.
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Svedka is OK

Swedish vodka sucks compared to a good Polish vodka....

There is a market near me that carries about 20 different brands of Polish vodka/liquor. And homemade sausage. Good shit.
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 1:22 pm

cider

cider is worse than urine.
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Svedka is OK

zubrowka tastes nothing like VODKA vodka though. its hard to describe, but it does not have that overt ALCOHOL taste or burn.
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 11:58 am

Swedish vodka sucks compared to a good Polish vodka....

the Texas stuff, Tito's Handmade, is good but pricey.

My Russian cousins claim Absolut is the best.

Guess I've GOT to try the Zubrowka.
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm

stock up on malort next time.

i finally drank some of that stuff the day i moved here. then i drank it again yesterday. it tastes weird, but not that bad. i say party!
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 8:15 pm

oh, man. I love Malort. I will drink it neat, on rocks, in cocktails, whatever. the bartender at Bar DeVille makes this most amazing cocktail with it. I saw all kindsa shit go in there... gin, grapefruit juice, sour mix... it was brilliant. 9 bucks, though. whereas up in my neck of the woods you can get a shot of it at the Sovereign plus an old style for like, 2.50.
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 3:04 pm

malort = unflavored and (thankfully) unritualized absinthe
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 5:17 pm

i have yet to drink it in a cocktail, but i have done a good number of shots of it since i came here. it's fast becoming my new backup to whisky.
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 5:59 pm

i have yet to drink it in a cocktail, but i have done a good number of shots of it since i came here. it's fast becoming my new backup to whisky

nasty! why don't you just drink ipecac and visine!
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 8:58 pm

why don't you just drink ipecac and visine!

because it wouldn't get me drunk! :P
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 12:30 pm

I love Malort!

Bar DeVille makes this most amazing cocktail

The one I like there is the "Hard Sell:" equal parts gin, malort, St. Germain and lemon juice.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®