Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Pizza Shack on Summer
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Anyone been? I went for lunch today and wasn't thrilled, but it's way better than Exline's / Pizza Cafe / Broadway / Tuckers. The crust was dense, not crispy or chewy, and the cheese wasn't the usual melty strings. It was more likely to tear than to stretch.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Had a sandwich there and it was aight..nothing special. Ill try the pizza for sure. Pretty good lunch deal though I suppose..2 slices and a drink for $5. Not sure how big the slices are though.
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 10:53 pm

i still gotta get that broadway pizza cheeseburger... yow!
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Partook three times last week for thoroughness.

Monday - Lunch Special: 2 slices and a drink for $5. Got the regular sausage; good crust, lots of cheese, smaller than a Memphis Pizza Cafe slice, but bigger than a Domino's square, or whatever. Long wait time for lunch, but this ain't McDonalds, either. O.K; intrigued enough to decide Friday night would try delivery for the family.

Wednesday - Meatball Sandwich. Saw it on the menu on Monday. Was on my mind Tuesday. Got it Wednesday. Toasted garlic loaf, large meatbals, cheese, barely any marinara. Good, but to this day Garibaldi's Meatball is still the best in town. Slower wait time than 2 slices, but they seemed pretty busy. Watched an old man come out from hiding in the corner, get into fist shaking rant and shout about "all these other people getting their orders before me!" Well, old dude, don't hide in a friggin' corner...

Friday - Large Meat pizza and a medium veggie. Large Meat pizza was good, three slices and I went into a meat coma. Pretty salty, but good. Pepperoni, Salami, Ham, Bacon, Shredded beef, Sausage. Added green and black olives. Wife said the vegitarian was good, but they put black olives on it (I told them to nix the olives on the phone). They also put broccoli on it. There's no point in eating it, then, if you ask me. She like broccoli, though. I suspect she is a communist. Leftovers for the whole weekend. Expensive for delivery, but hey, it ain't pizza hut.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®