Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Have Pine State's Biscuits chaged
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 3:42 am

Whats up had the reggie today and they seemed smaller and flatter
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Yes, they've changed. Have you noticed you don't even get a whole egg on a biscuit anymore? They fry their eggs and cut them in quarters now.

I don't care what the fetishistic New York Times has to say, I always thought the Reggie sounded better than it is. I've never had one that was not extremely dry and needed slight deconstucting to enjoy. I really think the Mcinsley is the best biscuit they've got. It's got a good combination of flavors and the excess honey and dijon keeps it moist and messy. Still, with the lines and the prices and the wait on food, I opt for something else these mornings. The Patagonians can have their novelty breakfast biscuits.
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Biscuits are some of the easiest things to make in the world. How can they fuck up a biscuit?
Posted: Oct 20, 2009 8:59 pm

place is ok...definately WAY overhyped tho.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:02 am

WAY overhyped tho

what exactly in portland hasn't yet been over-hyped by east coast hype mafia?

oh, i know.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 3:15 am

I called P.S. and axed them about their biscuits and if they have changed them or what over the past few months and the boss guy forget his name said "no and everyone follows the recipe and I'm holding one now and it looks like the same product." I said listen , buddy I ain't trying to get no free meal here or nuting but sumething is up." He says" NOOOOOOOOOO."
I ain't going back. I can makey myself and get some ham from North Carolina my damn self.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Not sure what it's called, but the one with an egg and sausage gravy always did the trick when I had to work dreary Saturday mornings at the farmer's market for my dad. Never been to the shop on belmont though.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 11:14 pm

My unemployed self tried to go there around 10am today. Line out the door,

Ended up at Beuhlaland instead.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 8:32 am

Only in Portland will hangover people patiently wait in line . In Mempho people will give up and go to Shoney's However, On Friday and Saturday night people in Memphis used to wait to get into Ruby's or the other super corporate eatery's around town.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 10:58 am

oh, i know.

Wow, I can't even remember how many times I got sick in that place - not necessarily related to their food.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 10:59 am

Have any of you guys tried that Doner Kebab place dt? They're supposed to be open from 1-4am now.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 11:16 am

Never had Doner Kebab but will keep it in mind. I was curious about this new Korean BBQ Taco Cart that's been rolling around town. My girlfriend says it's worth tracking down. I'm not a fan of fusion, but Korean shortrib tacos sound delicious and simple enough. They change locations daily. Today they're at PSU 6th and College from 11-2:00 pm.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 11:17 am

....URL
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 11:23 am

Cool, that does sound tasty. The Doner place is next to Rialto's.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 11:34 am

Doner kebab in Portland? Awesome. Heard that korean taco truck is pretty good.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 2:10 pm

what exactly in portland hasn't yet been over-hyped b

Yankee Pot Roast.
and you just can't get it anymore!
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Yankee Pot Roast.
and you just can't get it anymore!

Not so fast there...
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Yankee Pot Roast.

Didn't that turn into a vegan strip club? Man, used to love me some yankee pot roast after a long day of stomping around in the mud at Sauvie Island.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 3:32 pm

what was the boston one that was on burnside and nw 21st or so
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Boston Market sure was the shit for about 3 years. They were instantly everywhere, then poof, they were gone.

For some reason it reminds me of Kenny Rogers Roasters. It was so sad to peek in the shut down one by the end of the Max line in Gresham and see the gold record on the wall and wonder what record it was and think about breaking in and getting it.

"It's the wood that makes it good!"
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 7:45 pm

yep, that was the one
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Not so fast there...

somehow, seeing the picture made me less nostalgic...
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 12:52 pm

What is it with these nomadic Korean bbq trucks?

I know this was a big deal in LA last year or so.....

Mexican taco trucks find a good location and stay put, but these dang Ko-reans are on the move!
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm going today and will report back. Perhaps the mobility factor has to do with cost. If you're not being assimilated by the parking pods, you don't have to pay that cost. There is also, I believe, a different type of food vending permit depending upon if you are "mobile" or "stationary".
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Decided to check out the KBBQ cart myself but my bottom bracket started sounding like it was packed with sand. Couple that with the rain and I opted for Wolf & Bears cart on 20th and Morrisson. Small menu (the way it should be) Had the Sabich (traditional Jewish breakfast) Fucking delicious. Grilled eggplant, hardboiled egg and pickled mango and greens wrapped in a pita. You can really taste the freshness in the ingredients. All local. Ate half a felafel also and so far it's the best I've had in Portland. The felafels are not your typical slider steelo. More like flattened hashbrown cakes you get at waffle house. Thin and crispy.

URL
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 6:28 pm

yeah, really want to try this thing, but not really willing to Twitter to eat..it would leave such an awful taste in my mouth.. (alright, I threw up the Alley Oop....what you got?)
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Only in Portland will hangover people patiently wait in line
never a line at the Overlook!

http://www.portlandmercury.com/imager/overlook_restaurant/b/original/3 8430/3d0f/overlookFINAL.jpg
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 1:07 pm

I love the Overlook!

It's like hanging at a nursing home that you used to be able to smoke in.
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 2:52 pm

My Overlook tips:

1. Never order anything off the dinner menu.
2. Drinkin' Spanish Coffees in the winter when they got the fires burning is the best thing ever.
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 12:43 pm

Anyone tried the food carts that opened up on Mississippi and Skidmore behind that new german pub, Probst? I tried Probst and it was defuckinglicious.
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 12:45 pm

P.S. You get a beer punch card at Probst and if you drink enough beer you get your own bar stool, stein, etc....I wish I could get to that level, but I might have to settle for the t-shirt. They said that some guy at their seattle location has filled up so many punch cards they have no idea what to reward him with at this point.
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 2:18 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Hmmm, Sausage, kraut and beers? I'm getting hungry. If I was still in my 20s I could probably earn good prizes, but these days I'd likely warrant a beer mat at best.
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 2:53 pm

I've got my own bar stool at the Vern and all I had to do was take Jessies abuse and indifference for about a year. Aint a punch card can match that rite of passage.
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 3:34 pm

That ain't abuse, that's love.
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 3:43 pm

Tuff luv indeed!
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 1:49 pm

I've got my own bar stool at the Vern and all I had to do was take Jessies abuse and indifference for about a year.

I want my own bar stool at Dooley's. I was thrown out of there three times in one night. That has to be some kind of record.

Wait, is that place even open anymore?
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 12:08 pm

I've got my own bar stool at the Vern and all I had to do was take Jessies abuse and indifference for about a year. Aint a punch card can match that rite of passage.

Jessie knits me a scarf every Christmas. They are warm as shit.

She threw me out/cut me off 2 of the first 5 times I ever tried to get a beer from her.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®