Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / China Inn Buffet on EP Blvd
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Anyone ever braved this place? A combo Chinese and Soul Food buffet in Whitehaven? I asked a woman I worked with who swore by it and she said, "The Chinese aren't cooking, they got black people in there."
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 7:55 pm

It's good. Really big crowd of Fedex/Medtronic folk.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Sounds intriguing. Down in Portland there's the Golden Dragon, who's got fried chicken in their buffet, but no serious soul food.

They do have a couple of trays of inch and a half thick jello out at all times, though. That is key!

Wish I still worked in Downtown Portland right now, I'm so hungry I could totally get my money's worth at Golden Dragon.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:08 pm

"Hakka" cuisine is Chinese soul food.

They got wine soaked greens.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Its disgusting. You might as well go to the Tasty Buffet in Poplar Plaza. Its the exact same feeding trough, nasty ass shit as about 90% of all the other chinese buffets. i.e. Dragon China at the coner of Evergreen and Madison! Eat Well Japanese and Sushi Buffet is dope!
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 2:27 pm

I wasn't interested in the Chinese food on the buffet, but the soul. I am not a big buffet fan anyway, but I was intrigued by the idea.
Posted: Nov 21, 2009 7:26 am

I went to a small Chinese takeaway joint near my house in Jackson Mississippi (ironically just off Hwy 51!). The place was a family of what I believe to be Chinese guys in there 7 days a week in a sketchy neighborhood, probably not that much different than Whitehaven.

Anyway, they had some PHAT fried chicken wings that were delicious.
Posted: Nov 21, 2009 9:00 am

col you guys have a boulevard named after short records.
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 7:29 pm

I am not a big buffet fan anyway

What are you, a commie or something!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®