Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Pork neckbones and white beans
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 5:03 pm

In the crockpot all day. GOOD GAWD!!!
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 5:08 pm

YUM.

I broke out the crockpot the other day and made this creamy grits/cheddar/mont jack/jalapenos/roasted red pep concoction.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Jeesh, that sounds REALLY good.
I usually only put a big leftover hambone in the pot for white beans, but they had these really meaty neckbones on sale today. I've never cooked with them before. It has a real BBQ meat taste, smoky and deep. White beans are super creamy.
Damn, it's good!
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 6:47 pm

I used neckbones in greens over the holidays this year (cos the groceries on the northside try not to cater to...the blacks...) and they were great.

I can post the recipe if you want for the grits; I halved the recipe and it was still way too much.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 8:09 pm

yes, please do!
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 8:14 pm

I need those grits too! ...and the neckbones and white beans... quick, before Spring thaw!
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Definitely before the spring thaw!!!! These grits have so many dairy fats in them, its ridiculous. I'll post it tomorrow. I will post for the serves 4-5 rather than the serves 10.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:47 pm

alisa - is there any left over???
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 8:57 pm

I hope you took some Beano before you ate that mess
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 11:59 am

white beans rule.
my mom always used to make white beans when she would make greens cornbread
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 12:51 pm

Where's the recipes?
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 4:19 pm

It wasn't really a recipe. I just threw the neckbones and beans into a crock pot with the liquid I had soaked the beans in. (Did add a can of chicken stock to that.)
They turned to mush the next day. The next time I do it I'm just going to put the beans straight in with the chicken stock without soaking them first. I think they'll hold together better.
It WAS delicious, smoky tasting and with a creamy texture. But I think I like the white beans and ham bone version better.
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 9:36 pm

smoked hamhocks more traditional. raw green onion on the side
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®