Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Jack Pirtle's "Steak" Sandwich
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 11:06 pm | Edited by: Alisa

All you guys coming in for Gonerfest have to find a Jack Pirtle's (not real hard to do) and partake of this. I swear, it's the ambrosia of the gods. Also, a great hangover cure and good for what ails you when you have a bad cold.
Be sure to get it all the way - with slaw, cheese, and gravy. Amazing!
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 11:11 pm

It's the best gray meat you can get in Memphis. Windy and Millionaire saved my ass with one last year at GF3.
Get it with pickles.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 11:41 pm

I saw Windy eating said sandwich last year and opted not to take a bite when she offered one for some dumb reason. What a maroon. I'm eating several at GF4. How's the chicken at that place?
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 12:06 am

Oh yeah, pickles too!

The chicken is an experience. There's absolutely nothing crispy about the "batter". It all kind of melts in your mouth. And, it is tasty. Plus, they serve gravy with everything. Everything. You can pour some gravy over the chicken thigh and it's somewhat like eating chicken fried steak...on a bone.
But, the main thing I go for there are the chicken livers. Like a couple of bucks for a dozen, and absolutely delectable. They do serve a side of gravy with the chicken livers.
The only thing that is possibly wrong is that sometimes it's a tad bit salty...but I don't eat salt on a regular basis so what do I know about that.

Absolutely go for the steak sandwich all the way at GF4. Eat twenty. It's an experience you won't soon forget!
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 1:57 am

Ditto for the chicken livers and vats of the gravy with a roll. Or do they do biscuits now?
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 3:19 am

The greasiest gravy in the world but it is good with those little starchy biscuits.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:13 am

it's goooooooooooooooooooooood! holy shit. i ate one of these gutbusters one day when i was hungover and it saved me from the depths of hangover hell. amazing!
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 6:12 pm

just order it with everything - they with slather it with cheese, gravy, slaw and pickles. SOOOOOO good. It's great with their sweet tea, or if you're feeling "local" get the strawberry soda
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 6:33 pm

you people make me really happy. just sayin'.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Absolutely go for the steak sandwich all the way

Ditto for the chicken livers
those little starchy biscuits.

I can confirm all of the above.
The bestest chicken joint in town.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 8:47 pm

chicken livers
You people wet your beds.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 10:09 pm

chicken livers
You people wet your beds.

You're not just anti-redneck, you're a metrosexual.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 11:00 pm

chicken loving people use words like metrosexual.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 11:08 pm

haha, jack fucked up. chicken sure tastes good!
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 12:11 am

Chicken tastes very good, and Jack's a metrosexual.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 6:17 am

robin -- you hate grapefruit, chicken, and thin lizzy? what is wrong with you? you must be a communist.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 8:11 pm | Edited by: miss linda

My friend Cort was eating one of those steak sandwiches and the "Vegan Police" tried to make him feel guilty.
We just laughed and laughed.
I reminded her that beer is vegan and offered her one of mine.
no responce as she walked away

good times!
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 8:13 pm

My friend Cort was eating one of those steak sandwiches and the "Vegan Police" tried to make him feel guilty.

so they were at a place that serves meat? fuck those lousy fags!
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 8:21 pm

I recently learned that vegans don't eat honey...because it is stealing from bees. Slap a vegan today!
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 9:43 pm

so they were at a place that serves meat?

We were hanging out before some kinda punk rock show.
The memphis vegans had such a bad case of "Group Think" that their egocentric behavior reached points of gang violence.

vegans are only good for 3 things

1) drinkin' red wine with em' before rock-n-roll shows
2)Yellin' at the band inbetween songs
3)gettin' nekid after the show and then passing out

and that's about it
don't even stick arround for the breakfast arguement
leave!!!!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 9:44 am

I recently learned that there are state employees who haul roadkill off the highways of our grand country and turn them into mulch

so a real vegan can't even garden

fuck the vegans
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 11:39 pm

them sammiches are damn good

and peach NeHi
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 1:46 am

oooh, they got nehi in pa, and i'll be there in a month.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 7:51 pm

peach nehi rules. just add vodka.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 12:03 am

The Jack Pirtle steak sandwich was the first thing I ate in Memphis for GFIV. Despite the fact it was the saltiest thing on Earth, I loved it! I ate mine, half of the wife's sandwich, and most of a 6-piece chicken liver. Except for extreme thirst, I was fine afterwards, but the wife got the trots, so caveat emptor.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 12:06 am

and most of a 6-piece chicken liver.

And here I thought you were cool.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 12:15 am

We had them on our way out of town Mon. The millionaire was still too hungover to properly enjoy it and THREW HALF OF IT AWAY

blasphemy.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 12:26 am

and most of a 6-piece chicken liver.

And here I thought you were cool.

I'm not a fan of liver in general and this was my first encounter with chicken livers. But dude, they were battered and deep-fried. How could they be bad? I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you batter and fry a sock it will be delicious.

blasphemy.
The thought of that sandwich being discarded made me weep openly in my cubicle. And I thought you were cool, Millionaire!
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 1:19 am

And I thought you were cool, Millionaire!

To be fair, we were already on the road and I did not dare risk encountering Pirtle's Steak Sandwich in liquid form
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 2:39 am

Several hours after throwing it away at some truck stop in Illinois, I started having visions of it taunting me from the garbage can. Dammit!!!!!! I would give my left nut for one right now.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 2:55 am

Several hours after throwing it away at some truck stop in Illinois, I started having visions of it taunting me from the garbage can.
Wooooooooooooooooh! Millllllllllllionnaaaaaaire! Why did you throw me awaaaaaaay? I was sooooooo delicious!
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 3:00 am

Wooooooooooooooooh! Millllllllllllionnaaaaaaire! Why did you throw me awaaaaaaay? I was sooooooo delicious!

That's pretty much it. I fought the urge to puke for at least two hours before I finally felt "ok". I was listening to a book on tape and kept hearing things like [gravy] [pickles] [slaw], and while Windy was sleeping, I kept up with the "did you hear that?" "gravy? what the hell???"

I will never make that mistake again.
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 11:03 pm

i regret not going. i knew there was something i had forgotten to do.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®