Fix / Modern
7" out Now!

AUSMUTEANTS lp

AUSMUTEANTS
Great young Aussie
Punks - Synths + Snot!

UPCOMING GONER EVENTS
Thursday August 28 The Clean, Boogarins, Nots HiTone
Gonerfest 11 September 25-28 2014 more info here!

13th Floor Elevators - Headstone Contact Sessions lp

Sick Thoughts - My Mess My Life lp (Dead Beat Records)

Reigning Sound - Shattered lp (Merge)

Coloured Balls - Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate Records)

The Clean - Anthology 4 lp boxset (Merge Records)
Dutch Masters - All In The Wires lp (Spacecase)

Spelling Mistakes - Feels So Good lp (Real Groovy Records )
Ausmuteants - Split Personalities lp (Saturno Records)
Thee Mighty Fevers - Fuck'in Great R'n'R lp (Deadbeat)
Ausmuteants - Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7'
Flesh World - s/t 12' (La Vida Es Un Mus)

BIG BOYS lps!

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS
Headstone: The Contact Sessions lp
Texas Psych heroes alternate versions!

SICK THOUGHTS.
My Mess My Life lp
(Dead Beat)
The Real Baltimore underground is Drew aka Sick Thoughts!

REIGNING SOUND
Shattered lp/cd
( Merge)

New frpm Greg Cartwright & Co- getting huge raves!

COLOURED BALLS
Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate)

Fantastic 2nd album from Lobby LLoyd & co!!

THE CLEAN
Anthology
4lp Box Set (Merge)
Most excellent NZ band's first albums!

DUTCH MASTERS
All In The Wires lp
(Spacecase)
Eric O & Memphis/Oxford superstars archival blast!

SPELLING MISTAKES
Feels So Good lp
(Real Groovy)

More great New Zealand punk / pop stuff!

Goner is the only place in the US to get Real Groovy
Records!

AUSMUTEANTS
Split Personalities lp (Saturno)
Our heroes' first cassette- now on vinyl in extremely limited edition!

THEE MIGHTY FEVERS
Fuckin Great R'N'R!
(Deadbeat)

Teengenerate-styled frantic punk rock supremo!

AUSMUTEANTS
Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7"
(Easter Bilby)
Aussie
wunderkids continue their roll!

FLESH WORLD
12" ep

(La Vide Es Un Mus)
First release from these Aussies who seem to have moved to SF

BIG BOYS
Lullabies Help The Brain Grow dbl lp
and
No Matter How Long The Line Is dbl lp
(Modern Classics)
Great Texas punk / hardcore.
Legendary!

Goner Records Bulliten Board Goner Records Bulletin Board
 » Name  » Password 
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Robert Irvine MUST DIE
saispas
Posted: May 15, 2007 9:21 pm    
Theresa, PLEASE come down here and take care of this asshat.

He came into the restaurant where Ryan works (Ryan was not working, unfortunately) with GUY FIERI and proceeded to act like Napoleon on Crack, ordering things he has ordered before and raved about, then sending everything back, berating the server with the following pronouncements:

"I have opened RESTAURANTS ALL OVER THE WORLD and you as a server, SHOULD BE ASHAMED to serve food as awful as this, blahblahblah..."

Not only was the food "crap" but it was also "plated incorrectly." Nearly everything went back and he was very loud about it.

He also demanded that they change one of the three plasma screen tvs (i know, i know...hey, we are in Florida) behind the bar to something he wanted to watch...oh, and turn down the music so he could HEAR the show as well. If this was not done post haste, he and GUY would be leaving immediately to go across the street to watch!

Finally. After dinner cappucinos were ordered. He said to the server, "If these do not arrive at the table at 180 degrees fahrenheit, we are sending them back."

I am sure it was worse than what I have related here. Please, anyone who cares, say voodoo and santeria prayers that this "man" has nothing but bad luck from here on out. Unbelievable.

Saying this, apparently Guy Fieri, though a douche who tried to pick up the server after all this, was "very nice."
Theresa K
Posted: May 15, 2007 9:35 pm    
i want robert irvine to be tortured.

it must be true that steroids shrink your dick because he's clearly over compensating for something. what the fuck???

were there cameras there? man.... i wish his bad behaviour could be circulated on youtube. what a total dick!

isn't there a website for servers to vent about bad tippers and such? this needs to be done!

letters must be written.... gossip columnists must get blind items sent to them

jeez... i knew this guy was a dick but.... man oh man.

consider my voodoo against him in progress!
bruce
Posted: May 15, 2007 9:39 pm    
isn't there a website for servers to vent about bad tippers and such

i used to know one about bad tipping can't remember it now, but there is waiterrant and bitterwaitress
saispas
Posted: May 15, 2007 9:42 pm | Edited by: saispas    
I am trying to figure out how to handle it. I will be a one woman reputation assassin. Thing is, people here are so clueless about food that his stupid restaurant (to be in the lobby of the next condo monstrosity on the bayfront) is the most awaited thing in Tampa Bay history.

I have considered going in there in disguise and raising a scene. I would be playing a food critic from Portland or somewhere. My loudest complaint would be on the after dinner espresso drink. I would demand to see the manager and rake them over the coals on "burnt" low quality beans, the temp of the drink, the quality of foam. I'd send it back like 8 times.

Thing is, I'd just be hurting another poor server who will already be getting abused by him. I heard from another restauranteur here that he has a rep for abusing his employees a la Ramsay, but worse. Way worse.
miss linda
Posted: May 15, 2007 10:02 pm    
That's when you start laughing at him, and tell him to leave.
Some of these restraunt, and Bar owners/workers have this notion that they're something important.
I've met many of these people in my life and the ONLY reason someone acts like that is because they get away with it. Standing up to people like that scares them.
fukr
Posted: May 15, 2007 11:34 pm    
just do what anyone else does in the food servin' biz does when they get dissed- shit in their food.
saispas
Posted: May 15, 2007 11:35 pm    
I know, I was really stunned that the owner did not demand he leave. I suppose he is truly threatened that this guy could ruin his business.
jessiebelle
Posted: May 15, 2007 11:55 pm    
is this the dinner impossible guy? he is so fuckin creepy and again, why is he so damn buff???? and why is he trotting around with that guy fieri person. who i kinda feel sorry for coz he's such a blatant bummer.
Theresa K
Posted: May 16, 2007 12:18 am    
i think you should study all the food writers for all the area papers, both big and small. you should write (anonymously, psuedonymously and OFTEN) to them all about the robert irvine/guy fieri incident. someone is bound to bite.

post everywhere.

now about taking down his restaurant.... yeah... write to a sunday paper / letter to editor or something about why would anyone want to patronize the restaurant of a man who has no respect for his brothers in the biz and how could he put on a such a show of bad behaviour.... talk about his lack of decorum, etc. and suggest that patrons of his new restaurant treat his place the same.

again... i'd feel bad for the servers there, but...what can you do?
is there a local television program (local news w/ food reviewer type - say sunday morning thing?) that would enjoy this gossip?

its such a regis & kathie lee tidbit...
saispas
Posted: May 16, 2007 1:20 am    
The last food reviewer for the St. Pete Times would have LOVED this. Chris Sherman is a fantastic food writer, but he retired. I am not familiar with the new writer. The wine/food writer for Creative Loafing actually might adore this. I will email him.
jessiebelle
Posted: May 16, 2007 8:03 pm    
post on chowhound.com too??? hmmm...he is definitely icky although i'm just movin in on your conversation about buff yucky chefy pants...he sounds like he needs a beatdown
Theresa K
Posted: May 16, 2007 11:27 pm    
he sounds like he needs a beatdown

dingdingding --- new show on the food network!!!
saispas
Posted: May 16, 2007 11:47 pm    
Culinary Beatdown!!!!

I think Irvine has a steroid problem.
jessiebelle
Posted: May 17, 2007 12:06 am    
the steroids are literally bleeding out of his damn ears. i just know him from that dinner impossible show. and he's really creepy to watch. mood swings, crazy no neck. yep. he's showing all the signs for steroids.
Theresa K
Posted: May 17, 2007 12:18 am    

I think Irvine has a steroid problem.

completely explains his dickless dickhead behavior
jessiebelle
Posted: May 17, 2007 12:32 am    
is his restaurant in miami? can you egg his car?
bowie
Posted: May 17, 2007 3:01 am    
Hee-hee. Egging his car would be such poetic justice.
saispas
Posted: May 17, 2007 1:19 pm    
jessie, even better, it will be in St. Pete, where we live. Yeah, Miami would be better in some ways for us, but worse for the pocketbook as there is a Barney's Co-op among every other damn shop in the world in South Beach.

I have plenty of time to think up retribution; his restaurant still has a ways to go. I swear I think he was trying to decimate what he views as some competition. So ridiculous. Doesn't he know the more decent/good restaurants there are in town, the better for him? This place crawls with tourists over half the year.
Theresa K
Posted: May 17, 2007 8:55 pm    
This place crawls with tourists over half the year.

and his food network "celebrity status" will bring them all into his place more than places probably much more deserving.

i say.... patronize the fucker's restaurant and write BAD REVIEWS of it regardless of the food & service.
saispas
Posted: May 17, 2007 9:50 pm    
I certainly plan on the espresso onslaught--I wish I could do a spit take. If only I had more nerve.

The bad reviews will be all over Chowhound and eGullet. I really hope the Creative Loafing reviewer disses it too.
jessiebelle
Posted: May 18, 2007 6:49 pm    
he will get his... he looks super bitter and uptight and crazy, who knows what kind of karmaic (?) retirbution this bitch is waiting for?
saispas
Posted: May 18, 2007 10:22 pm    
He's taking over.
saispas
Posted: May 18, 2007 10:28 pm    
Robert also has plans to open his first restaurants, Ooze and Schmooze, on the waterfront in St. Petersburg, Florida in the fall of 2007. Ooze will be a high-end tapas bistro with cutting-edge cocktails and indoor and outdoor access. Schmooze will offer fine cuisine, including chef's tasting menus and vegetarian offerings, polished personal service, more than 100 wines by the glass and assorted top-shelf spirits.

He is naming a restaurant "OOZE"?!?!??! That is the most unappetizing name of all time. I thought he was calling it "Oohs". That would have just been bad, but not evoking images of diarreah...sorry had to say it.
Theresa K
Posted: May 19, 2007 12:30 am    

He is naming a restaurant "OOZE"?!?!??! That is the most unappetizing name of all time. I thought he was calling it "Oohs". That would have just been bad, but not evoking images of diarreah...sorry had to say it.

spiff this up and save it to post as a restaurant review when its open. ESPECIALLY the diarreah part. people won't be able to STOP associating it with irvine....
jessiebelle
Posted: May 19, 2007 2:45 am    
ooze and schmooze??? ok, yuckiest names EVER. NOT delightful. NO SIR...
saispas
Posted: May 19, 2007 2:36 pm    
If he can find "polished professional" servers in this town...well, I don't know what I'll do. They are few and far between. Most who think they are giving such service are totally embarrassing and laughable.

I wish Chowhound wasn't such a nazi when it came to posts--they would never let me go that route. No one reads the online comments in Creative Loafing...hmmm, other outlets? Maybe I should go old school and post flyers?
saispas
Posted: May 19, 2007 2:38 pm | Edited by: saispas    
I gotta stop posting on this topic as it has a certain husband's name and place of employment and googling will bring this up...no more names and I am starting a new thread if I post again (or you do the same please).
Theresa K
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:30 pm    
this is just like russia 1948.... or czechosovakia 1968....
the birth of the goner theatre of the absurd
jimgpark
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 9:50 pm    
Maybe the food was crap? Irvine and Fieri have pretty high standards and developed palates. Is this place is not reputable, then they shouldn't have complained or not been eating their in the first place. If the place is reputable, then the food was probably crap. What's with your obsession with penis size anyways? I thought that guys were supposed to obssess over that, not girls who get their underwear in a bunch. I can't find a single other negative account of Irvine on the web, leading me to believe that you two are being hypersensitive.
saispas
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 2:05 am    
Maybe the food was crap? Irvine and Fieri have pretty high standards and developed palates.

You are hilarious.

Here is the menu of one of Fieri's restaurants:

http://www.texwasabis.com/food/menu.html

"Highly developed" shit immediately after dining, maybe.
skank police
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 3:53 pm    
A friend of mine is a pilot, and had Rachael Ray on one of her flights. Apparently she behaved similarly, treating the flight attendants like crap in first class, and just acting like a demanding hag/raging bitch. Almost worse because of her happy, smiley, "real nice lady" image. Here's to the takedown!

What's with your obsession with penis size anyways? I thought that guys were supposed to obssess over that, not girls who get their underwear in a bunch.

Ahahahaaa! Who's hypersensetive? Hilarious indeed.
saispas
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 4:21 pm    
This guy obviously found this thread on Google or some such and defended his people. He registered yesterday and posted one thing. He likely works for Food Network or wishes he did.
jimgpark
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 11:47 pm    
They're not "my people". You kids still didn't answer the question - Was the food crap? Why would you show me Fieri's menu? I thought we're talking about Irvine. Irvine has a stellar rep publicly, as a chef and a person, so I posed the question. I mean seriously - if I had Irvine come in my restaurant, I wouldn't serve him crap. And I wouldn't make such a big deal if he sent back crap.

Really, who are you people anyways? This is the most run down website/forum I've seen in awhile.

I had to join and post because... well you guys are really immature, and I wanted to know if you had a real gripe or if you were just being whiny little wankers. I got my answer, thanks. The thread title says it all. "Robert Irvine MUST DIE"? I was hoping you had a real anecdote about him being a jerk, but all you said was he sent food back. WOW. You realize he represents all 3-star michelin restaurants, right?

Let's just say Irvine is in another class than Fieri and Ray. Dunno why you're even bringing them up. And I'm a software engineer and love my job, kids.

And btw, steroids make your balls shrink, not your penis. Looks like you need a good dose of both.
Theresa K
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 11:52 pm    
Really, who are you people anyways?

et tu brutus?

Let's just say Irvine is in another class than Fieri and Ray.

um, let's see: they're ALL on Food Network, they're ALL celebrities...
OK - irvine's ENGLISH and the other two are americans. well, you got me there.
bruce
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 1:25 am    
You realize he represents all 3-star michelin restaurants, right?

couldn't possibly be an asshole
saispas
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 3:52 am | Edited by: saispas    
Irvine has a stellar rep publicly, as a chef and a person, so I posed the question. I mean seriously - if I had Irvine come in my restaurant, I wouldn't serve him crap. And I wouldn't make such a big deal if he sent back crap.

Irvine is known worldwide as a BANQUET CHEF. Subpar to a restaurant chef anyday, sockpuppet.

And if you weren't such an asskissing sycophant, maybe you'd read how unbelievably rude he was about sending back the supposed "crap". That was the point of this post. He was not being served dogshit on a silver platter. He was causing a scene in front of his fatass pal, Guy Fieri. He has eaten at said restaurant plenty of times and enjoyed himself and this time, he decided to show his ass as if he was Gordon Ramsay in Hell's Kitchen. No cameras were on.

Go back to licking the shruken balls of Irvine, dickweed.
saispas
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 4:03 am    
And I'm a software engineer and love my job, kids.

Oh and none of us "kids" have such a powerful, cognitively superior job as you, I am sure. I am certain that once you attain the level of Maslow's hierarchy that a software engineering job must allow a human, that there is no possible way to crave another place in life as you are finally self- transcendent and able to appreciate the palate of Robert Irvine. We're still working on that, so allow us some space to grow.
skank police
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 6:57 am    
if I had Irvine come in my restaurant, I wouldn't serve him crap.

You say that like it's a good thing.

And I'm a software engineer and love my job, kids.

Again, like it's a good thing. Mommy proud?
Theresa K
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 9:58 pm    
if I had Irvine come in my restaurant

i would put visine in his drink
saispas
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 10:44 pm | Edited by: saispas    
if I had Irvine come in my restaurant

I'd slip him a roofie and drop him off in South St. Pete at Connie's BBQ. At Midnight. Naked.
jimgpark
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 12:10 am | Edited by: jimgpark    
Oh yea, must be the first time somebody sent you something back to the kitchen. That never happens *rolls eyes* I meant that his standards are a little higher since overseeing 3-star michelin chefs doesn't happen by accident.

The reason I took offense to the original comments on this thread were because of the anger and lack of maturity in these posts. It sounded like kids in their low 20's earliest with the emotional maturity of adolescents. It was REALLY annoying.

Then again, I should have known better to come on here and berate you a little. Knowing how personal you took it when Irvine sent that food back ("Dickless little dickhead"? you gotta be kidding me), I should have known what thin skin you guys have (aka hypersensitive, aka unable to handle criticism, aka overreacting drama queen, etc...). Oh, and btw, not only in food and software engineering, but in life, if you have as thin skin as you guys do, you'll never succeed at anything. Good luck!
saispas
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 1:46 am    
Dude, why do you even care this much? Again, it was way more about HOW he treated the staff than the fact he sent food back--read read read, please. Hell, I have sent food back, but I don't act like he did...ever. For any reason. He apparently purposely was flexing his minor celebrity and showed his ass bigtime.

You have no idea of the history of this board at all--this is not some typically moderated-to-death foodie scene like Chowhound or eGullet. You are a pest. Go away. Shoo.
saispas
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 1:55 am    
Oh, and btw, not only in food and software engineering, but in life, if you have as thin skin as you guys do, you'll never succeed at anything. Good luck!

This is funny, because one of the people you are addressing is likely someone that even you would have to admit is pretty fucking successful "in life" by the obvious standards that you seem to be referring to.

Anyway, you really should thicken your own skin or at least read the original post--it isn't about the food being subpar (which maybe it was, I have no idea) but the complete ass he made of himself by berating service staff. I don't care who you are, that behavior is purely ugly.
skank police
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 5:31 am    
And btw, steroids make your balls shrink, not your penis.

You're the expert Pea-nuts.

whiny little wankers Vs Dickless little dickhead

The difference being? The latter has a sense of humor...hmmmm? It is possible to enjoy expressing ones opinions, and revel in the comraderie of a shared passionate dislike for something, even in a dissagreement, without clenching ones asshole so tight the point is missed. Perhaps your oh-so-deep maturity has vaporized your funny. Dumbass.
Theresa K
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 5:55 am    
what i really hate about certain newly minted celebrities is that they act like their shit doesn't stink, and its all about them right there right now. i mean... irvine is a putative food professional. he better than most people should know what goes on in a kitchen and in the dining room - his behaviour, attitude and demanding that they change the TV's channel - all such 5-year old, narcissistic bullshit meant to draw attention to himself.

some of the most respected food writers and critics DISGUISE THEMSELVES when dining.... and jack asses like irvine trumpet who they are.

i've worked with a fair share of celebrities, and even the ones who behave the worst and are the biggest babies do not behave in a restaurant like irvine was described as behaving.

send food back? i've done it. i've done it at a keith mcnally hipster place, even! i feel bad for the server, but i say, "excuse me, this is not right," or "there was a piece of penne in my onion soup gratin... i think you should let the kitchen know..." and all sotto voce. and i'm kind of the biggest ass hole in the world if i want to be.

there's no reason ever to make a scene in a restaurant. and this comes from someone who hurled a full glass of wine at her dining partner once...
saispas
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 2:17 pm    
what i really hate about certain newly minted celebrities is that they act like their shit doesn't stink, and its all about them right there right now.

And it is one thing to act in this manner in LA or Miami even; people are accustomed; still annoyed, but the locals have all seen it before...but St. Petersburg, Florida??? That is just, well, dickless behavior. People here are quite innocent (thank god) and laying out bad celebrity behavior before people whose typical customers include retirees and yacht captains who "consult" for big, fast money is really pathetic. That is really what galled me the absolute most. That he would do it here simply because in LA or Miami people would have laughed in his pointy little face.
terry parkway
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 2:56 pm    
developed palates? have you seen their shows?... YOU ARE A FUCKING REATARDED DONKEY ... and the michelin guide is for fags
saispas
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 6:59 pm    
and the michelin guide is for fags

NO DOUBT. I love how a few years of watching Food Network has spawned a huge pack of lemmings who believe themselves to be gourmands. I don't kid myself...I still don't know much!
Theresa K
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 1:13 am    
i long for the day there will be a food network version of PUNK'D
we'd send in REAL CHEFS with reps for bad behaviour.... like MARCO PIERRE WHITE - now that's a guy w/ a fine, developed palate and he's just the absolute best at his art... AND he's quite the tyrant.... you send in a guy like marco pierre white to dine at robert irvine's and punks him AND finds all sorts of stuff WRONG with his food... well, to me, that would be the come-uppance worth waiting for
saispas
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 2:15 am    
TK, what I would give. Bourdain would totally be a producer under a fake name for this type of thing given his lambaste against the Food Network (where is that article; someone linked it here last year)...shit, maybe he'd fucking do it under his legit name!!!!
saispas
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 2:19 am | Edited by: saispas    
And if Ramsay had already not hooked with Fox, I'd send him in to Schmooze and Ooze (cannot get over how DISGUSTING that name is) with Marco and WOW. What I would pay to see those two rip him to shreds.
Theresa K
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 4:54 am    
i'd pay good money to see marco hurl some offal or trotters at irvine
terry parkway
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:51 am    
i fucking hate chefs
eric o
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 6:05 am    
you're a chef.
saispas
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 10:11 pm    
I wish I knew how to write out that little instrumental jingle that goes with the one liner for that one, eric!!!

"Wahp wahp wahp, wahwahpwahp! WAAAAAHP!"

???
saispas
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 11:11 pm    
Go figure...he must not despise the restaurant that much after all as he is coming back with PARIS HILTON'S PARENTS within the week. Oh my god. What I would give to be a fly on the wall for that party.
Theresa K
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 2:13 am    
PARIS HILTON'S PARENTS

the client i'm on the phone w/ right now is friends w/ Paris HIlton's mom.
should i try to find out something???
sixelsix
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 10:14 am    
http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/17/Southpinellas/TV_chef_spiced_up_his. shtml
andria
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 11:21 am    
whoa, I worked with the guy last August, when he filmed Dinner Impossible in Memphis. he wasn't that bad here -- actually kinda funny, although he did get his on-screen humor from a pair of producers who were speaking into an earpiece mic while watching the monitor from stage left. he did blow through $5K in 10 minutes at Fresh Market, but that wouldn't be too hard for anyone to do...
saispas
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:45 pm    
That article has caused a total uproar around here; pretty perfect. The "socialite" who obviously used her connects at the paper to get the story rolling has some serious, literal skeletons in her family closet. She and her husband were reportedly wasted (drunk and on coke) while boating and apparently killed four teenagers. The husband was driving and got off. See article below:

Awaiting the verdict in the trial of Dr. William LaTorre, victims' families were tailgating Tuesday in the courthouse parking lot. The trial ended before they could light the charcoal.

After adjourning the court, the judge stepped down to congratulate both sides, then climbed back onto the bench. She had forgotten to formally find LaTorre innocent.

Jurors acquitted LaTorre of four charges of vessel homicide. Then some joined him in a lunchtime champagne celebration.

At the end of a highly publicized trial, the bizarre and electic mix of emotion involved in such a grueling criminal case was no better illustrated than by the judge, jurors and families for whom the courtroom had become the focus of their lives.

The families of the victims had waited a year and seven months for the man accused in the deaths of their four teen-aged children to come to trial. Then they sat through nearly six weeks of testimony.

Preparing to wait, the family and friends of the victims met outside a large motor home in the Pinellas County Courthouse parking lot and relaxed in lawn chairs.

The families returned to the middle-front bench where they had spent the past few weeks waiting and watching LaTorre.

When the innocent verdict was read, the packed courtroom erupted with sound and emotion.

LaTorre cried and embraced his attorneys. His wife, Wendy, clutched her stepchildren.

In the excitement, Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge Susan Schaeffer left the bench too soon. She had to return because she forgot to formally enter a judgment of innocence for LaTorre.

But the families of the victims responded to the bedlam with silence. They left the courtroom, retreating to the motor home.

They had no criticism for the judge or jury, and they weren't surprised by the verdict.

From the beginning, said Mary Kuhn, whose son, Todd, died in the accident, she knew what the verdict would be.

"Because of the money. When you have money, you can buy anything," Mrs. Kuhn said.

After the accident, some family members of the victims accused LaTorre of using his wealth to beat the charges against him.

They said also said they resented LaTorre's attitude.

"We were upset that he never made an attempt to show any compassion in this case," said Betty Weeks, whose son, Rick, died in the accident.

William and Mary Kuhn said they thought LaTorre should have jumped in the water in an attempt to save the teen-agers.

"Had he given some assistance at the time that it happened we wouldn't feel the way we do" about LaTorre, Mrs. Kuhn said.

LaTorre's attorney Barry Cohen said his client wanted to visit the parents of the victims soon after the accident, but he would not let him because of potential legal problems.

"He understands how they (the parents) feel. I explained to Bill they came here for revenge," Cohen said.

If LaTorre came to the Kuhns today with an apology, Mrs. Kuhn said she wouldn't accept it.

"If he came here I would spit on him," she said.

While the victims' families packed up the motor home, some jurors visited LaTorre for a celebration at Pepe's restaurant on Ulmerton Road.

There, the LaTorres and their attorney repeatedly thanked the jurors and, toward the end of the party they all posed for a group picture.

"Say "victory,' " Mrs. LaTorre said as the shots clicked off.

Later in the evening, LaTorre stood atop the spiral staircase at the home of a close friend and raised a club soda toast to jurors.

"I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart," he said.
yngweenie malmsteen
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 5:29 pm    
Next time Robert Irvine come into the restaurant, make sure he gets a bill like this one

URL
saispas
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm    
That's restaurant humor GOLD, yngweenie!

Somehow I doubt Irvine will show his face down here again. I find it humorous he was intimidated by St. Petersburg money. I guess that Sarasota was too much for him.
Matto
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 11:43 pm    
how recent was thatboating "accident" deal?....something similar happened when I lived in Clearwater in the 80's....and, me being new to this thread, let me me be the fist to offer mr. JimGPark a very mature F U C K Y O U ...
douche....
saispas
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:11 pm    
It was 1989-1990, so that was likely it.
Matto
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 2:09 pm    
wow yeah....crazy....
skank police
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 3:25 pm    
ooze and schmooze

These names are so clearly the bottom line cause for the entire debacle.
saispas
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 4:50 pm    
These names are so clearly the bottom line cause for the entire debacle.

I wish I could find the article from a few weeks back when his business partner did an interview when asked why the restaurants STILL weren't opened and he said something to the effect of, "We have such big plans for this city; it will be a MINI MONTE CARLO in five years!"

Oh my.
Matto
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 7:31 pm    
Ha ha....yeah right.....
Your answer
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's this?

» Name  » Password 

victim of time

By posting on this board you agree to these Terms Of Use

Page loading time (secs): 0.152