Posted: Feb 2, 2014 12:50 pm
r.i.p. actor dudehttp://nypost.com/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-his- apartment/
Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm — inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday morning, cops said.
A personal assistant found Hoffman's body in an apartment at 35 Bethune St. and called 911 around 11:30 a.m, sources said.
Cops are at the scene and are investigating, sources said.
In 2006, Hoffman publicly admitted that he nearly succumbed to substance abuse graduating from NYU's drama school, but got sober in rehab.
"It was all that (drug as alcohol), yeah. I was anything I could get my hands on...I liked it all," he told "60 Minutes" as the time.
Last year, Hoffman reportedly checked himself into rehab again for ten days after relapsing in 2012.
TMZ said he began using prescription pills, then snorted heroin for about a week before realizing he needed help.