Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hawkwind etc...
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 12:14 am

Been searching around for music I've ignored or slept on.....stumbled upon the Space Ritual album and I'm really into it. Me and Sam once did a trade that involved a Moorcock collection that I just now started reading. It's a pretty cool read while listening to Hawkwind. There's a bunch of topics I want to discuss...Hawkwind to Moterhead. It's totally different, but you can see the path..Literature and music...I'd really be interested in checking out some other collaborations.
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 12:30 am

Dick, jeter, are a good place to start for writers. Maybe chrome for music, it's hard to know what you've already hit upon.
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 12:31 am

By the way, haven't seen you around for a while, hope your well
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 1:00 am

Thank you bruce...and I'm very well..just been concentrating on extended family and other such out-dated redneck ideals. I'll see you soon. I plan on getting out more in 2014.
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 1:03 am

Hah,no worries. Going for a kind of cyberpunk angle, which seemed to be what you were looking for
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 2:30 pm

yeah Cole - we missed ya at Gonerfest!
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 4:21 pm

i think they re-released Hall of the Mountain Grill on big heavy grain vinyl a year ago..dropped $30 on it !
Posted: Feb 1, 2014 8:07 pm

I second Chrome. Half machine lip moves and alien soundtracks are good starting points
Posted: Feb 2, 2014 10:15 am

Pink Fairies...connected to Hawkwind via Mick Farren. The debut, "Never neverland" and "Kings of Oblivion" are amazing... classics. Also, Larry Wallis, the guitar player on "Kings.." was the first Motorhead guitarist
Posted: Feb 2, 2014 1:28 pm

Also, Larry Wallis, the guitar player on "Kings.." was the first Motorhead guitarist

I often wonder what Motorhead would have ended up being like if United Artists had been such dicks and released "On Parole" when it was recorded and Larry Wallis hadn't been so discouraged by that and other things that he quit the band. I love that record.
Posted: Feb 2, 2014 11:21 pm

speaking of chrome, what lp is that song "meet me in the subway" on?
Posted: Feb 2, 2014 11:31 pm

switch back to hwkwnd....
Posted: Feb 3, 2014 4:50 am

meet you in the subway is from a ralph records compilation Subterranean Modern
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®