Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ty Segall / Syd Barrett
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

just made the connection last night. first time i ever listened to a syd album. weird, right? it was "the madcap laughs." i think ty took a good chunk of "melted" from it. that's the only rec of his i know besides the goner single.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 1:06 pm

listen to the first lp on castleface ya dope
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 1:10 pm

i might get around to it.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 2:58 pm

I can understand not checking out the first Pink Floyd album on principal...but Syd is da man.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 3:04 pm

i'm a huge fan of piper at the gates of dawn. i've just never seen a syd barrett album for sale anywhere.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Man a roommate of mine had 3 of them, worth about 50 dollars ebay price each...then he went off his meds didn't talk to me for a month, and broke his entire record collection in half....including my ZZTop Tejas album....dude has some problems, had a pretty cool record collection too...after he got straight again, he felt so guilty he built the most bitchinist hifi system ever, easily worth the price of a car...but still only has like 20 records at most...poor schmuck. I was the only record geek friend who didn't disown him after that record smashing episode.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 3:20 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

He bought everything localy, never used ebay at all....they're around. But I got tired of collectors bitching about how he smashed all those Barret records....I said they're his records he can do what he wants, I don't alway put my records back in their sleeves....I just cleaned up a pile of around 100...there are never as many sleeves as there are records.
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 4:17 pm

i dont care for the solo syd stuff i have heard
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Posted: Feb 23, 2012 7:58 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

i dont care for the solo syd stuff i have heard

If you're hanging out with a super cool girl, you put on The Real Kids, if you're hanging out with a girl who think's she's super cool you put on Syd Barett....that's the best way I can explain it.
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 8:28 am

Man a roommate of mine had 3 of them, worth about 50 dollars ebay price each

WOW!
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 8:39 am

You ever give him a handy while you guys listened to records together?
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 8:47 am

Ty plays Syd

see???
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 9:51 am

We used to get alot of Syd records new at the ol Passout. You can get em. There are some weird comps out there too. I have a weird Pink Floyd comp of live radio performances and it is fucking strange. It's awesome tho. I'll have to bring it down for "taco night"!
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 10:58 am | Edited by: tigerblinds

You ever give him a handy while you guys listened to records together?

God knows I tried.

He had alot of Barrett because he was a mental rich kid like him. That's what I've always speculated anyway.
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 10:05 am

just made the connection last night.

I was listening to the radio earlier this week and was blown away by some heavy psych. I figured it was either Syd solo, early Pink Floyd, or a band from the late 1980's psych revival. I dug it so much that I later checked out the playlist online, and it was none other than Ty Segall.
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 10:09 am

weeeeeird.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®