Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / trashies tour rant
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Posted: Apr 21, 2007 1:34 am

......."After this pickup there, of course, had to be a let down, and that was Jackson, Mississippi. This is where we got the South we expected. We were told our friends were PC punk rock faggots, we got harassed by police a couple of times for being weirdos, we were told our band is too emo, and we talked a lot about monster trucks. Don't play in Jackson, Mississippi if you're in a band. The only saving grace of this place was that we decided to just jam out at the end of our set for as long as possible (to ensure that we would forever be known in Jackson as that band of hippie PC punk faggots from Seattle) and somehow, magically, we got all of the rednecks in that bar to pick up drumsticks and bang on shit with us. It was a pretty magical turnaround considering the crowd. We had to stay at the bar until it closed because the folks we were staying with wanted to listen to their entire album (after they'd just played) and then drive home totally trashed to put us up, so we just played glow in the dark Frisbee in the parking lot next door (hippy bullshit, right?)."

bwaaaahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. sounds to me like you guys are hippy faggots!!! fuck you motherfuckin stinky hippy fuckwads!
carol and i let your smelly fat asses stay at our house (thank god we MADE you shower).
sorry people in Jackson prefer music that rocks and not your hippy "jam out"

i don't remember anybody talkin shit about you when you were herre and that was the owner that was playin our cd that just came out, so , yea, we were interested in hearing what it sounded like on the bars jambox.

trashies pffft
not welcome

sorry joe p hooked you up w/ us , you ungreatful bastards!
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 2:00 am

p.s. most of what you say must be for entertainment, cuz nobody recalls anyone talkin to you about monster trucks or callin your friends PC punk faggots)

and yea, we all picked up your sticks at the end of your set to have fun, thats what we do in Jackson, have fun at shows...just ask anybody on this board that has a band that has played here.

....and on top of all this.....i told you guys like 5 fuckin times that shows on Monday nights suck shit here
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 2:22 am

Don't play in Jackson, Mississippi if you're in a band.

They should have added "that likes to have fun" to the end of that statement. How do you NOT have fun in Jackson?!?!? I can't remember the name of the place we played at, but between Marsh falling out the door at the back of the stage WHILE playing, ("Huh!? I ended up outside!"), the parking lot being packed to the gills with people going to the Motley Crue afterparty next door, the singer of the Party Dots drunkenly running her car into a tree on the way home(thankfully she wasn't hurt), and the DJ who we finally convinced to bring all his records to Waffle House so we could pig out and rock out at the same time (someone in our party put the kibosh on this), I can strongly attest that a good time was had by all.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 2:48 am

and then drive home totally trashed to put us up, so we just played glow in the dark Frisbee in the parking lot next door (hippy bullshit, right?)."

they talk shit about us partyin yet they're called "the trashies"

pffft
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 4:34 am

i know i'm seriously looking forward to jackson.
that show should be one of the highlights of our tour
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 7:58 am

the sheer fact that Marsh lives in Jackson is reason enough to believe that a good time WILL be had.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 10:22 am

wish i could see yall at my house in wetumpka al....if you pass though drop by and say high ...i can get you laid by women's prisoners...theyre not that smart but they have hot daughters that drive neon's
seriously
shoooooot meeee
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 3:28 pm

We had to stay at the bar until it closed because the folks we were staying with wanted to listen to their entire album (after they'd just played)

somehow this doesn't surprise me.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 3:36 pm

it's pretty punk to talk shit about the people that put you up on tour!
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 3:37 pm

ps jackson rules! always a highlight of any tour!!!
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 4:21 pm | Edited by: Dave B

They should have added "that likes to have fun" to the end of that statement. How do you NOT have fun in Jackson?!?!? I can't remember the name of the place we played at, but between Marsh falling out the door at the back of the stage WHILE playing, ("Huh!? I ended up outside!"), the parking lot being packed to the gills with people going to the Motley Crue afterparty next door, the singer of the Party Dots drunkenly running her car into a tree on the way home(thankfully she wasn't hurt), and the DJ who we finally convinced to bring all his records to Waffle House so we could pig out and rock out at the same time (someone in our party put the kibosh on this), I can strongly attest that a good time was had by all.

It was WC Dons, and hells yeah. When we were with the Hex Dispensers the PA blew, and Marsh's pal went home and got another one. And this was after they cooked us a HUGE meal! Think they'd ever do that here in Seattle? Sorry. I always have the best time in Jackson, and seeing Marsh, Daphne, Amanda and everyone else is a tour high point. You'd be hard pressed to finder a group of nicer or more hospitable folks.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 4:46 pm

We had to stay at the bar until it closed because the folks we were staying with wanted to listen to their entire album (after they'd just played)

somehow this doesn't surprise me.

hell yea! the cd had just came out and it fuckin rules....badass recording, we were just very surprised in how awesome it sounded in the bar! its coming out on vinyl later this year!!

i guess i've calmed down and don't hate the trashies as much, i was just upset how someone could shit on people that were sooo nice and hospitable to them. and on top of it all, they even left us a note thanking us. if it sucked so bad and we're rednecks in that bar to pick up drumsticks and bang on shit with us why bother to thank us?
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:01 pm

hell yea! the cd had just came out and it fuckin rules....

but can you see that this might rub people the wrong way? sort of like wearing your own bands t-shirt... but then again you might do that too.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:15 pm

they talk shit about us partyin yet they're called "the trashies"

that's my favorite part too! I'd expect it if they were called "the primadonnas" or something.

the rest of the tour diary they're trying to sound like degenerate rock 'n rollers but then they bitch about having to stay at a bar until it closes... geez.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:24 pm

sort of like wearing your own bands t-shirt

name me somebody who's in a band that DOESN'T wear their band shirt

Lisa, you're missing the point here
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:33 pm

I don't.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:34 pm

UM.... EVERYONE I KNOW.

Maybe I am missing the point. The people I know from Jackson are great! and it sucks for your town to be shit talked especially if you set up a show and put people that you don't know up simply out of kindness. That being said, the little interaction that I've had with that band has been positive... and maybe I'm a fucking snob but I personally WOULD be turned off if I played a show with a band who immediately got off the stage and wanted to listen to their own band's entire record. ALSO when you're writing a tour diary...what the fuck else do you have to do but BITCH...you're fucking sitting in a van for 8 or more hours aday.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:36 pm

I wear my band's t-shirt. I have no idea if Iron Maiden knows that they are replacing Steve Harris, though.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:44 pm

UM.... EVERYONE I KNOW.

I should ammend this...

UM....EVERYONE I KNOW (except for Paul Moto)
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:04 pm

well, i get your point Lisa. the thing is though, that story is not how it went down, i guess they beefed it up for entertainment purposes.

we got off the stage, packed our shit up , went to the front bar to get a shot, while there, the owner/ bartender - terrry, was telling us
he liked us and somebody else that missed the show came in and was like....who's tuff luvs....so, HE played the cd. and yes we were, there listenin to it, but like i said, it was the first time to hear it out at a bar, so we were all ears.

if we did indeed make him put it on right after we played , i could see your point better, that would be lame as fuck.

i dunno, maybe its my marketing that i went to school for in me, but i think (especially in a small town like jackson) wearing your t shirt is a good advertisement for people who elsewise would have no clue about your band (and be drawn to the lame-o hipster bands that the alternative paper shoves down their throat).
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:16 pm

i dunno, maybe its my marketing that i went to school for in me, but i think (especially in a small town like jackson) wearing your t shirt is a good advertisement for people who elsewise would have no clue about your band

i know, i guess it's a weird hypocritical thing, obviously you should be your own bands biggest fan but for some reason public displays of band self-love make me cringe.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:20 pm

i hear ya
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Band Dude: Hey wanna buy a t-shirt of my band?
Party Dude: Yeah, sure. Looks cool, you must wear it a lot.
Band Dude: Me? No. I never wear the thing. I think it makes me look really stupid. That'll be $15, please.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:24 pm

touche
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:25 pm

i know, i guess it's a weird hypocritical thing, obviously you should be your own bands biggest fan but for some reason public displays of band self-love make me cringe.

Uhh, since we're on that topic, why would you publish your tour diaries in a newspaper? that kinda smacks of shameless self promotion to me.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:39 pm

Uhh, since we're on that topic, why would you publish your tour diaries in a newspaper? that kinda smacks of shameless self promotion to me.

The Stranger prolly asked them to. They probably wouldn't even have kept one otherwise.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:43 pm

so then obviously they chose to do it for the exposure, right? it's not like the stranger forced them to.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:44 pm

I guess there was probably $$$ involved too, though.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 6:51 pm

Band Dude: Hey wanna buy a t-shirt of my band?
Party Dude: Yeah, sure. Looks cool, you must wear it a lot.
Band Dude: Me? No. I never wear the thing. I think it makes me look really stupid. That'll be $15, please.

this all being said...BANDS don't stop selling shirts! In fact get more shirts printed! Actually, band members wear 5 shirts of your own band at a time!
There's this really great tshirt printing company... I think the website is something like www.blackholepress.com

LONG LIVE SHAMELESS PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF SELF LOVE!!!!!!
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 7:11 pm

I always assume when I see touring bands wearing their own t-shirts that they've run out of clean clothes and that pile of 50 clean shirts is just too tempting.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 7:16 pm

so then obviously they chose to do it for the exposure, right? it's not like the stranger forced them to.

Buy I think you're giving too much credit to the calculation of the Trashies. I mean, if I was in a band, and someone I knew (probably the case here) asked me to write this thing for their paper I probably would. Without really thinking about things like "exposure."

I could be wrong, though.. I've never met and don't know any of the dudes personally. But just reading through the blog it seems more like, "Whoah, some paper asked to share party stories! Cool and/or fun!" and less like, "We're writing this diary so we can sell tons of records."
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Sometimes I wear my band's t-shirt under my button-down at work... it's like stickin' it to the MAN!
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 7:38 pm

And anyway... I can see how a band would think Jackson sucks after playing here on Monday. It's like I explained it to Marsh once... This is the South, we party when we get off work Friday until we go to sleep Sunday night. Monday is our sabbath, our "day of rest." We all have hangovers and can be irritable.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Buy I think you're giving too much credit to the calculation of the Trashies. I mean, if I was in a band, and someone I knew (probably the case here) asked me to write this thing for their paper I probably would. Without really thinking about things like "exposure."

Yeah, but if someone was like "hey guys, can you write a tour diary for my blog that 10 people look at?" they would probably be less apt to do so. It's all about exposure, maybe not in a "this is a good marketing opportunity" sense but still in a "dude, we can totally rub it in people's faces what a bunch of crazy hip rock 'n rollers we are" way.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 8:46 pm

Yeah, but that's the idea of being in a band in general.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 8:47 pm

(For everyone but me and Hasil Adkins.)
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 8:52 pm

This is the South, we party when we get off work Friday until we go to sleep Sunday night. Monday is our sabbath, our "day of rest." We all have hangovers and can be irritable.

And is this really specific to the South?
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 8:52 pm

this thread has gotten totally off point , but since we're here...

should i be in a band that doesn't care about who hears my band or see's my t shirt? and in that case, why do band's even tour in the first place?

It all comes down to promoting one's self or one's band. that's why we're in it....to hopefully get our music known....whether you like my band or not, you now know about it, at least

shit, if this wasn't the case then bands would never have shows and just sit in their jam room , get fucked up , and play to themselves...never play shows, put our records, or tour
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:04 pm

Yeah, you should promote your own band, but to a very subtle extent -- set up shows, flyer, make t-shirts, stickers, etc. That's all promotion. But the idea is that, eventually, if you're good enough, or you get lucky, or people seem to like what your band's doing, they'll promote for you. At least, that's how I've always looked at it.

It is really fucking annoying to me when bands overpromote themselves. Especially with the advent of MySpace.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Related: It's also really annoying to me when someone announces the line-up for Festival X, and 8 million bands clamor to ask if they can somehow, someway, squeeze in on the line-up. What is this, fuckin' little league try-outs? Are you going to have your parents call the promoter if he doesn't book you?

OK, time to get off the computer.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:07 pm

This is where we got the South we expected

T-shirts and CDs aside, I think this line irritates me almost as much as the fact that they shat on hospitality. Their minds seemed to be made up before they got there.

When they played Memphis, we made sure they got the good slot, got all the door money, and we let them have the free beer tickets. Hell, we even bought some CDRs to make sure they had some road money for their long three-hour drive. April put 'em up and they acknowledged that.

They get to Jackson, and all they can recall is Jamming to piss people off. Hope they got paid for their hardship. They know nothing about grace, apparently, and that's fine. I'd be glad to take them to some places in the real "deep south" if they "ain't skeerd".
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:09 pm

It is really fucking annoying to me when bands overpromote themselves. Especially with the advent of MySpace

i agree

i just look at it like, shit, if i had a construction company, i'd wear the shirt from time to time and give out business cards when needed....
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:13 pm

I'd be glad to take them to some places in the real "deep south" if they "ain't skeerd".

thats what pat and i were talkin about...shit, let 'em loose in Sardis, Mississippi and see how far they get. They would then REALLY know AND appreciate the definition of REDNECK!
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Shit, how 'bout some Waynesboro and the surrounding counties...
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Also really annoying is when a band fucking pushes their merch on you. Walking around "COME ON MAN.. IT'S ONLY 4 BUCKS! DON'T YOU WANT ONE??"
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:36 pm

....and its not like i'm posting this

all over the internet

or this

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&to pic=27857

i mean, whats the problem???

and this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r4sj2Lbuqt4
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:50 pm

elsewise
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 9:54 pm

elsewise
he heh, yea, i wasn't sure if that was actually a word, but i'm certain i've heard it before
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 11:44 pm

Ok "Trashies", so you show up here with shitty attitudes and you wonder why nobody wants to come up and encourage your shitty brand of whatever?

Hey, howabout "don't play in Jackson if your band totally sucks and you insist on being total ungrateful dicks"? Or howabout just staying out of the South all together? I certainly don't give a fuck if you ever come back.

Monster Trucks are cool.

B.O. isn't.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 11:46 pm

Why don't you ask your buddies The Spits about their Jackson shows?

And what was that about the cops? So they where hassling you guys for being such "weirdos"? Oh because you are soooo weird and sooo far out. Us dumb hicks have never seen far out punk rockers like yourselves. I bet deputy Roscoe P. Coltrane was totally blown away by your rad city slicker ways. Yer lucky you didn't get lynched for being sooo extreme. Dur hur hur... we just ain't use to such sights.
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 1:01 am

Dar heeeeeeeee
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 1:27 am

if you were getting free liquor at the bar i cant think of a single reason you would leave before closing time.
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 5:47 am

Dar heeeeeeeee

where?
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 9:22 am

all I know is none of you motherfuckers better ever say anything bad about me on the innerwebz

and don't none of y'all call me Francis either...My name's PSYCHO!!!!!!!!
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 1:07 pm

Fuck *ALL THEM SHITZ*!!!!!
Jackson, MI was one of the funnest shows I've *EVER* played. Fuck anyone that don't wana hang out there.
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 8:39 pm

I was curious about this band... now I know I was bi-curious.
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Jackson, MI

what does that have to do with it, it's not in the south
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 9:00 pm

i keep trying to tell y'all, its Jackson, MS

the krooked letta state!!

i just broke my trashies record....why did i trade them a cd for that?
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 9:04 pm

Jackson, MI

what does that have to do with it, it's not in the south

FUCK!!!!! SORRY!!!!!! THere's a whole lotta states; I can't 'member ALL their official abbreviations...
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 9:24 pm

marsh once had a band called crooked letter youth
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 10:25 pm

Jackson brows!
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 12:21 am

problem is there's too many fucking states that start with 'M'

I say we at least ditch Maine and Missoura.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 2:25 am

I like Maine Lobster.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:46 am

Jackson fucking rules.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:02 am

I've been to Jackson, but I've never been to me. Or Maine.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:28 am

hey bates, why wasn't you at crepe nanou tonight? it was like parisian poetry, your presence would have been the snail to my baguette.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 7:02 am

peggy text messaged me about the bush hogs playing today, but aimee had already text messaged last week saying they play on friday. i got confused and took a nap. voila!
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 7:06 am

watzloves shit on your grave. accordianawesomeness.

p.s. i gave Iras wife your cell #.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 8:29 am

if your band totally sucks

sorry, they already do.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 12:36 pm

A++ thread, would read again.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Jackson has gotta be a shithole if Cash and Carter sing about it

I mean,c'mon, those people think jail is a fun time
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:07 pm

I think that song's about Jackson, Tennessee...

Only song about this Jackson that comes to mind is that horrible Kid Rock song "Jackson, Mississippi," they play it on the radio all the time here.

As the story goes, Kid Rock played at some now-defunct club here, someone gave him a load of drugs and he practically O.D.ed and thought he was going to die. And that's what the song's about everytime he gets really bad, no-fun fucked up he "feels like Jackson, Mississippi."

More great p.r. for our city, huh?
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:21 pm

I still can't get over the fact that Rushing actually went to school.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:55 pm

i took skool and got learneded my edjemakasheun
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 6:03 pm

uh, that would be learnt. rhymes with rurnt. which is what happens to your education when you join a band. every show i play negates about two semesters of college.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 6:59 pm

that's so strange jason.......I ALSO gave sam bateman's cell #.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 7:52 pm

I've been trying to not post on here lately but i had to respond to this.

I saw that Tour Diary in the Stranger. What a bunch of bullshit! I'm sure that their entry had nothing to do w/what actually went down but was made up for entertainment purposes as previously mentioned. Being "trapped" in a Red State,and especially,God Forbid,MISSISSIPPI,makes for good reading to their audience and plays to the paper's bullshit faux-"Liberal" agenda.

Seattle and the NW is one of those places that used to have Working Class/"hick" roots,but it really desperately wants to be Silicon Valley bad since the rise of Microsoft and the 90s Tech Boom etc., so it will take any opprotunity to bash people and places that remind them of the past they're embarrassed about now in order to put themselves over as bastions of Hipster "Progressive"-ism.

DaveB and thee duchess aren't a part of this ,of course- - they've been down there and speak the truth of how it can rule down there. But a lot of folks can't appreciate it and have to spread lies at others' expenses. If they really had that bad of a time they should've said something then and there. It's like they think Mississippians don't have computers or something and wouldn't see this.

Mike,i wanna publicly apologize for helping to set up this show. I really do appreciate all the hard work you put into making this happen and i'm really sorry it turned out like this.It was bad enough when my band had to drop out,but after reading this horseshit i just feel like i was stabbed in the back. I only referred 'em to you in the first place because i thought they'd appreciate MS considering what they write about in their songs,but this proves they're just Poseur City Pussies w/no soul. I guess i shoulda seen it coming,considering all they can do is rip off a much better band's sound to get over in the first place.

TRASHIES R.I.P.- - to me.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 8:17 pm

Where did they eat bbq in memphis?
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 9:00 pm

no worries Joe....by they're own admittance in they're blog, they made me laugh to how weak they are....

they should change they're name to THE PUSSIES

nevermind the fact that most of todays music originated from or got its roots in Mississippi....they just went on the impression that we're all hicks. i dunno, maybe they're big fans of the blue collar comedy tour or somethin?
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 9:01 pm

Where did they eat bbq in memphis?
hopefully it wasn't Payne's

I would only hope they weren't lucky enough.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 9:15 pm

I never asked for a faux redneck Spits in the first place.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 9:42 pm

Yeah, no worries, Joe. Stay gold, my Mississippi brother.

Us rednecks will keep on keepin' it real down here in Mississippi harassing weirdos, picking on PC punk hippie faggots and driving our monster trucks as long as all the coffee-swilling, pseudo-intellectual progressive hipsters in Seattle keep on growing beards, being depressed by the rain and commiting suicide and all wil remain right with the world.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 9:46 pm

Us rednecks

WE rednecks. You people never get lurnt.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 9:53 pm

Us rednecks

no...this is correct

hey, when in Rome...
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 9:58 pm

I't's only "we" north of the Mason-Dixon Line... kinda like the whole y'all/you guys thing.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 11:03 pm

Yea, I had a friend of mine type this message since we can't read and write here in Mississippi. I don't work for a bank, it's just a local trading post.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:19 am

peggy, jason, sam-
I am mailing my cellphone to jackson.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:41 am

The Trashies really fucked themselves. Oh well, not like I was ever gonna buy a record/go and see them live. The name along kept me away, let alone this crap...
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:43 am

Although I did like, "What makes a man get trashed." Good title.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:49 am

freeze brewed
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 6:11 am

What makes a man get trashed

just jam out at the end of our set for as long as possible (to ensure that we would forever be known in Jackson as that band of hippie PC punk faggots from Seattle)

drive home totally trashed

play glow in the dark Frisbee in the parking lot
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:11 am

wish upon the hope bush that they don't come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:23 am

POZER ALERT
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Only song about this Jackson that comes to mind

What about this?

Or this?
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 12:23 am

this thread is hilarious!!!

also, I am having a crisis of conscience re: wearing my own band shirt. Normally I wouldn't, but Bill & Lisa made them so dang pretty I don't know if I can help it...
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 12:37 am

a little late to this game, sorry guys. Jackson was a bad time for us on tour, Mike and the dudes from Tuff Luvs did us a big favor by getting us a show on a monday night in the south (tough to come by) and we appreciate that. The show was just bad news, the PA was busted, we didn't know anyone, we got harassed by cops, we were all exhausted and all just got us bummin' at how shitty Jackson was, we admittedly were not party dudes on that night so maybe it's our own fault. Getting called hippy PC emo faggots was pretty funny and all, but it doesn't lead to the best time on tour. I wouldn't want to play in Jackson again is all, no dis to Tuff Luvs, they hooked us up and took us in, just in general Jackson was a real bummer, that's all I have to say about this.
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 4:08 am

yea, i guess i just gotta say i warned you ( http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&to pic=26367&page=0#msg362800 )

and don't like the fact you said somehow, magically, we got all of the rednecks in that bar to pick up drumsticks and bang on shit with us. It was a pretty magical turnaround considering the crowd.

i mean, wtf?

and who the fuck talked to you about monster trucks??
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 4:20 am

that's all I have to say about this.
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 5:14 am

hug it out
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 6:01 am

Getting called hippy PC emo faggots was pretty funny and all
i bet it was.
mike, i don't want to talk about monster trucks, i want to talk about bvalentines ducks and the contraption in the picture you guys were riding in to go fishing (and maybe go for a ride in it. to see the ducks.)
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 12:24 pm

I don't work for a bank, it's just a local trading post.

One time I was teasing a Mississippian pal of mine "is it true you guys call the Civil War the War Between the States?" And he said "hail no! that's the stupidest Yankee misconception I ever heard. . . . We call it The War of Northern Aggression."

Yeehaw.
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 1:30 pm

crisis of conscience re: wearing my own band shirt.

If there is a box of clean shirts in my house, at some point, they're going to get worn.
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Mike you know you put that cd on. I remember when you guys were down here for the chili cook off you stood around the computer listening to Party Dudes over and over for at least an hour. Not saying Jackson sucks, so dont get all pussy hurt, but admit it. you put that cd on
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 4:01 pm

yea, swear on my life i didn't. we played it there when we first recorded it, and i was waisted everytime i've been to orlando, so ....
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 4:19 pm

there is nothing, i repeat, NOTHING wrong with a little self aggrandization from time to time.

*queue your your own bad at this point*
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 5:48 pm

can I get a hand job???
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 7:11 pm

there is nothing, i repeat, NOTHING wrong with a little self aggrandization from time to time.

Especially when you know that's you're fucking AWESOME!
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 7:39 pm

can I get a hand job???
self aggrandization
Posted: Apr 30, 2007 10:04 am

i was stinkin like
"can i get a witness?"
Posted: Apr 30, 2007 3:21 pm

Are there fine babes in Jackson?
Posted: Apr 30, 2007 4:23 pm

hell yea, shit tons of 'em , just ask bazooka joe
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®