Fix / Modern
7" out Now!

AUSMUTEANTS lp

AUSMUTEANTS
Great young Aussie
Punks - Synths + Snot!

UPCOMING GONER EVENTS
Thursday August 28 The Clean, Boogarins, Nots HiTone
Gonerfest 11 September 25-28 2014 more info here!

13th Floor Elevators - Headstone Contact Sessions lp

Sick Thoughts - My Mess My Life lp (Dead Beat Records)

Reigning Sound - Shattered lp (Merge)

Coloured Balls - Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate Records)

The Clean - Anthology 4 lp boxset (Merge Records)
Dutch Masters - All In The Wires lp (Spacecase)

Spelling Mistakes - Feels So Good lp (Real Groovy Records )
Ausmuteants - Split Personalities lp (Saturno Records)
Thee Mighty Fevers - Fuck'in Great R'n'R lp (Deadbeat)
Ausmuteants - Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7'
Flesh World - s/t 12' (La Vida Es Un Mus)

BIG BOYS lps!

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS
Headstone: The Contact Sessions lp
Texas Psych heroes alternate versions!

SICK THOUGHTS.
My Mess My Life lp
(Dead Beat)
The Real Baltimore underground is Drew aka Sick Thoughts!

REIGNING SOUND
Shattered lp/cd
( Merge)

New frpm Greg Cartwright & Co- getting huge raves!

COLOURED BALLS
Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate)

Fantastic 2nd album from Lobby LLoyd & co!!

THE CLEAN
Anthology
4lp Box Set (Merge)
Most excellent NZ band's first albums!

DUTCH MASTERS
All In The Wires lp
(Spacecase)
Eric O & Memphis/Oxford superstars archival blast!

SPELLING MISTAKES
Feels So Good lp
(Real Groovy)

More great New Zealand punk / pop stuff!

Goner is the only place in the US to get Real Groovy
Records!

AUSMUTEANTS
Split Personalities lp (Saturno)
Our heroes' first cassette- now on vinyl in extremely limited edition!

THEE MIGHTY FEVERS
Fuckin Great R'N'R!
(Deadbeat)

Teengenerate-styled frantic punk rock supremo!

AUSMUTEANTS
Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7"
(Easter Bilby)
Aussie
wunderkids continue their roll!

FLESH WORLD
12" ep

(La Vide Es Un Mus)
First release from these Aussies who seem to have moved to SF

BIG BOYS
Lullabies Help The Brain Grow dbl lp
and
No Matter How Long The Line Is dbl lp
(Modern Classics)
Great Texas punk / hardcore.
Legendary!

Goner Records Bulliten Board Goner Records Bulletin Board
 » Name  » Password 
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / PDX (11/9): Psychedelic Horseshit, Pink Reason, Eat Skull, Little Claw
rightpeg
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 8:44 am    
Friday, November 9th at Slabtown

Eat Skull
Psychedelic Horseshit
Little Claw
Pink Reason

9pm
$6

1033 NW 16th
www.slabtownbar.com

EAT SKULL
"Flushed with crunchy guitars, galloping fuzz bass, and psych-fried organ, the bustling [sound] blatantly screams, "Garage rock revival!" even as the music also finds the outfit tapping into its hardcore and no-wave influences." [Chris Sabbath]
myspace.com/eatskull

PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT
"Smothered in a scratchy wool blanket of sound Columbus, Ohio's PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT have a basis of something warm deep down in it's root but may smell musty or of mothballs as well making you all itchy when all you wanted to do was zone out." [Smashin Transistors]
http://www.myspace.com/psychedelichorseshit

LITTLE CLAW
(Portland's) Little Claw crawl and bite like a wild thing, they understand the secret totemic power of the tribal stomping drone, and transmit it through their flesh and blood turned music in the same way in which the Velvet Underground did from the secret tower of darkness gleaming above the labyrinths of Gotham, or Sun City Girls and Indian Jewelry do spinning lost in circular deserts where they befriend rattlesnakes and coyotes.
http://www.myspace.com/littleclaw

PINK REASON
From somewhere in northern Wisconsin, performing an acoustic set tonight. "I for one am excited to hear more of a music that has dark, squalid and-bluesy streaks walking along in a gelid path of unidentifiable stray sounds both hard and cushioning. It is music oddly familiar enough to walk around in immediately upon hearing, without cracking your head in the various alien-rotating rooms built by the feel to it. Yes, you can walk inside music if you want to." [Perfect Sound Forever]
http://www.myspace.com/secondculture
Joe Pestilence
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 5:16 pm    
I also heard Night Slaves are playing this show,which is TONIGHT!!!

See The Goner Board's own "banned" and hear his band play LIVE! He'd do the same for you if your band played his town...
Seamus
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 5:53 pm    
No Night Slaves tonight. 5 bands be too many.

Sunday at the Tonic, though.
Joe Pestilence
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 6:04 pm    
But you're listed as playing...Shit! I wanted the Portland fucks to go to this. There's no way that'll happen now.

I don't know what Little Claw sounds like,but even if you ain't a fan of Eat Skull you should still check out banned's band,and how can you go wrong w/ a name like Psychedelic Horseshit anyway?

TONIGHT DAMMIT!!!!!
swampthing
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 9:12 pm    
I've heard Eat Skull was good. I can't go though.
Joe Pestilence
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 2:29 am    
They were,but i'll get to that in a second. But first:

HOLY FUCK! Psychedelic Horseshit was crazings! A Flipper comparison is too easy,they even joked about it themselves on stage,but it's really hard to pull off that whole Car-With-Its-Wheels-Falling-Off quality Flip had w/out coming off as forced. PH managed to not only have the wheels come off but the axles break and the engine explode while doing it,and they still managed to complete a full set! The keyboard,a cheap Casio knock-off,was destroyed during the first song,and the Dr. Rhythm drum machine soon followed. The crowd went berserk,as superwasted Homeless ladies and Video Poker Zombies were locked in the middle of the pit w/ the folks there to see the show! I heard glass break on at least three separate occasions during their set. This writeup won't do their performance justice. But if you wanna see the best band that uses a cardbard box for a bass drum(and pulls it off) this year,go see these guys!

They definitely raised the bar for crowd/performance energy level for headliners Eat Skull,who also dazzled with an insane wasted performance. I gotta admit that i thought they were just OK the first time i saw them(i thought a lot of their songs sounded alike) but they more than made up for it w/ this show! I'd definitely check 'em out again.

I missed Pink Reason but i heard there might've been some controversy surrounding their(?) set and they got cut off early but since i wasn't there i can't comment on it.

Little Claw played second,a band that turns out to be fronted by former members of such 90/00s Garage acts as the Fells and Dark Places! I only mention this because it proves i haven't killed all of my brain cells yet. They didn't play up the ex- angle,but it did show up in the blocky chord progressions of one of the gits while the other git avant-ed all over it. Two drummers,one guy's kit was a floor tom and a bongo being played w/ a kettle drum mallet. Some songs clicked more than others,but they'll just get a wait n' see from me for now...
Your answer
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's this?

» Name  » Password 

victim of time

By posting on this board you agree to these Terms Of Use

Page loading time (secs): 0.071