Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / JD Mark RIP 1970-2013
Posted: Jul 20, 2013 9:38 pm

I hate to be the one to post this, but I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere. Decided not to be hip and use the "goner" catchphrase. My friend and collaborator JD Mark passed away in Detroit July 11, 2013 of natural causes. He was 43. JD was known as the guitar player with Michael Hurtt and the Haunted Hearts of New Orleans. He was also the guitarist and bandleader for Wiley and the Checkmates from Oxford. We worked together in the Southern Aces and played Gonerfest 5. He played in many other bands, as well as being a producer, recording engineer and songwriter. Michael Hurtt lovingly called him, "The World's ONLY Rockabilly Polack", often from the stage microphone. James David Mark was buried in his hometown of Flint, Michigan.
Posted: Jul 21, 2013 3:48 pm

This is awful news. He was a nice guy.
Posted: Jul 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Terrible news. I saw him backing Lattimore Brown a few years back as well as in Wiley and the Checkmates own set. I'm sure we must have spoken briefly at some point. Condolences to all who knew him.
Posted: Jul 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Really sweet guy and an incredible guitarist. RIP
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®