SEE THEM ON TOUR NOW!

AUSMUTEANTS lp

AUSMUTEANTS
Great young Aussie
Punks - Synths + Snot!
SEE THEIR US TOUR!

Gonerfest 11 September 25-28 2014
35 Bands in 4 Days!

Ty Segall - Manipulator dbl lp (Drag City Records)

Sick Thoughts - Coming Over 7' (Going Underground Records)

Reigning Sound - Shattered lp (Merge)

Mascis, J - Tied To A Star lp (Sub Pop Records)

The Clean - Anthology 4 lp boxset (Merge Records)
Dutch Masters - All In The Wires lp (Spacecase)

Crime - Murder By Guitar lp (Superior Viaduct)

Grifers, The - Possible Obstructed View cdr (No Label)
Collins, Paul - Feel The Noise lp (Alive)
Golden Pelicans - s/t lp (Total Punk)
Sluts, the - 12' of Sluts 12' (Jeth-row/Race/Spread Um)

Ausmuteants - It's Alive Recorded Live On PBS cassette (In The S

TY SEGALL
Manipulator dbl lp/cd
Latest from Ty! Rockin stuff! ON SALE AT GONER! 23.99!

Catc

SICK THOUGHTS.
Coming Over 7"
(Going Underground)
The Real Baltimore underground returns with ANOTHER single... and it's great! Nasty post-Reatards bad attitude!
Goner single coming!

REIGNING SOUND
Shattered lp/cd
( Merge)

New frpm Greg Cartwright & Co- getting huge raves!

J MASCIS
Tied To A Star
lp (Sub Pop)

New from Dno man!

THE CLEAN
Anthology
4lp Box Set (Merge)
Most excellent NZ band's first albums!

PLAYING MEMPHIS THIS THURSDAY!!!

DUTCH MASTERS
All In The Wires lp
(Spacecase)
Eric O & Memphis/Oxford superstars archival blast!

CRIME
Murder By Guitar lp
(Superior Viaduct)

Greatest trash-punk band ever - all singles plus more!

GRIFTERS
Possible Obstructive View cdr
(no label)

Our heroes live! Great set, long set, worth it!

PAUL COLLINS
Feel The Noise
lp/cd
(Deadbeat)

Ex-Beat powerpopper for life never stops cranking out the hooks and the jams!

Coming to open Gonerfest 11!

GOLDEN PELICANS
s/t lp
(Total Punk)
Aussie Full-on Florida PUNK Rip your face off and dance on it!

COMING TO GONERFEST 11

SLUTS
12"s of Sluts lp

(Jeth-Row)
Reissue of GG-styled raw New Orleans punk rock!

AUSMUTEANTS
It's Alive - Live on PBS cassette
(In The Shit, IT)
Great live recording of Aussie wunde
rkids tearing it up. DRINK COOPERS!

Goner Records Bulliten Board Goner Records Bulletin Board
 » Name  » Password 
Goner Message Board / Memphis / RIP Chris Davidson
eric o
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 5:03 pm    
Great dude. I didn't know him that well but he raged and had more fun than anybody I know. Awesome times goofin' with him and Pappy, and him and Bill Curry.

When they find whoever hit him and kept driving I hope he or she have already been sliced to pieces.
Surly Dan
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 5:42 pm    
a pure and genuine human being... he will be missed.
jahna
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 5:45 pm    
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Condolences to you Memphis folks. Hugs!!!
Jack Stands
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 6:22 pm    
Heard about it late last night. Came home and stared at some of his flyers.
Best Dude.
Great Art.
A True rock fan, and great to hang out with. Every time I saw him out for years and years, it was like seeing an old friend I hadn't seen in a while. Saw him last weekend at No Comply, and we stood up front singing together.
Huge loss and a stupid, early death.

I don't get to see all of you all the time, but I love each and every one of you.

RIP, Chris. RIP.
severin
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 9:03 pm    
He was an awesome human being. This town is way shittier without him around. Glad I got to see him last night. Man What!
severin
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 9:10 pm    
I had an awesome time, as usual, with him last night. Fucking bummed.
Vinyl Ritchie
Posted: Aug 13, 2011 10:05 am    
Sucks big time. Dint know what else to say. Dude was always in a good mood and having fun when I saw him.

Does anyone has any info about approximately what time and where the scumbag ran him over?
alita
Posted: Aug 13, 2011 10:49 am    
i was so glad to be able to rage with him thursday at red fang- i will miss him a ton and memphis will never be the same :(
i am grateful to have such good friends to help me thru sad times and love you all<3
Buck Wilders
Posted: Aug 13, 2011 3:48 pm    
where the scumbag ran him over?
Heard it was on... Madison
Bike lanes on Madison yay or nay? Wonder if a few folks change their mind now. RIP Man What
free plax
Posted: Aug 14, 2011 1:58 pm    
So fucking awful. I echo the statements of a few others about how great it was to party with Chris on Thursday night. The guy was talented, hilarious and really fun to be around.

RIP.
eric o
Posted: Aug 15, 2011 8:30 am    
Cyclist Killed by Hit and Run Driver -- WREG

Severin: "It's very indicative of Memphis that someone would hit him and not stop. I think that's the city we live in. I'm pretty sick of it."

Yep.
yamhill
Posted: Aug 15, 2011 12:59 pm    
Sev- great to see yr face. Sorry it would be under these circumstances. Hope all my Memphis folks are well. Kyle
Lacey Underwear
Posted: Aug 15, 2011 12:59 pm    
I am so devastated for his family, how do you even begin to come to terms with something so heart breaking and senseless. He was a regular at the Deli when I worked there in my early 20's and couldn't have been a nicer guy. We sat next to him at a Grizz game recently and he was going nuts, it was so fun! He was so into it and yelling at the bench, great stuff. I hope everyone donates so the funeral costs can be covered. It's the least we can do
Jack Stands
Posted: Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm    
Does anyone has any info about approximately what time and where the scumbag ran him over?
I don't know, but I hope there's some surveilence cameras or something nearby the incident that they can check; if they didn't catch him getting hit, maybe at least a car or two during that timeframe. Maybe there's paint or something on the bike that could be a clue.
I also think they should check out any DUIs that happened close to the time. I know there was one at 12:30 in front of the place on Madison. Not saying it was them, but hell, any leads would be worth following up on for this senselessness.
jbh
Posted: Aug 15, 2011 5:53 pm    
what severin said.

what's also very indicative of memphis is the city's inability and/or refusal to do much of anything in a manner that is intelligent, efficient, timely, and/or free of corruption. like...bike lanes.

and to avoid sounding totally negative, the green line is great. it just doesn't go everywhere that people need to.
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Aug 15, 2011 6:07 pm    

G. told me he missed 2 calls from him at some point after he left the HiTone and before Chris got to his girlfriend's house.

It's weird man. I understand a dude calling his buddy after he gets hit, but if I got hit-n-runned and then called somebody, it would most likely be the cops with a description of the car and a direction the car was heading. Maybe the driver stopped, Chris thought he was okay (but was just not feeling it b/c of shock) and they went their separate ways.

It's terrible nonetheless.
whadatsay
Posted: Aug 16, 2011 9:08 am    
I think this happened around 11:30. I actually found out that the call was from his girlfriend, which was 11:49. Voice mail at 11:53, while I was pumping gas. No message left. Got another call at 12:04 and I was 30 seconds from the girlfriend's house.

I am still not 100% sure where the incident happened. He told his girlfriend that he was hit in Overton Square. Either way, that mother fucker was bad ass enough to get hit and still ride however far he did and get to some place safe.
Les Edwards
Posted: Aug 16, 2011 10:36 am    
Madison Ave is a 4 lane street, designed for 28,000 cars per day. When only 12,000 cars use a street designed for 28,000, the drivers go way too fast-several were clocked between 65 and 71mph! Madison Ave is a DANGEROUS street for pedestrians and bicyclists. Four businesses on Madison are aggressively fighting the conversion of Madison to 3 lanes with bike lanes. Unfortunately, they are winning the battle politically. Sign the petition at www.madisonbikelanes.com
Jack Stands
Posted: Aug 16, 2011 11:41 am    
*bites tongue*
Alisa
Posted: Aug 29, 2011 5:06 pm    
Shitty spam on such a heartfelt thread.
So sorry about Chris. Not right.
hennypenny
Posted: Sep 1, 2011 8:47 pm    
shocked and saddened. = ( .
what a cool dude. words are inadequate ...
whadatsay
Posted: Sep 11, 2013 11:04 am    
2+ years and nothing much has come to light, so I am in the process of interviewing everyone that knew Chris and putting their stories out there in hopes that I might just get some attention back on this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStb_9K5uXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzFzNbsJjRs

If anyone has any info at all, or wants to do an interview, hit me up at:

whathappenedtochrisdavidson@gmail.com
whadatsay
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 6:49 am    
ummm. as fucked up as this bump is, thanks tardbot for the reminder.
Your answer
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's this?

» Name  » Password 

victim of time

By posting on this board you agree to these Terms Of Use

Page loading time (secs): 0.104