Fix / Modern
7" out Now!

AUSMUTEANTS lp

AUSMUTEANTS
Great young Aussie
Punks - Synths + Snot!

UPCOMING GONER EVENTS
Thursday August 28 The Clean, Boogarins, Nots HiTone
Gonerfest 11 September 25-28 2014 more info here!

13th Floor Elevators - Headstone Contact Sessions lp

Sick Thoughts - My Mess My Life lp (Dead Beat Records)

Reigning Sound - Shattered lp (Merge)

Coloured Balls - Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate Records)

The Clean - Anthology 4 lp boxset (Merge Records)
Dutch Masters - All In The Wires lp (Spacecase)

Spelling Mistakes - Feels So Good lp (Real Groovy Records )
Ausmuteants - Split Personalities lp (Saturno Records)
Thee Mighty Fevers - Fuck'in Great R'n'R lp (Deadbeat)
Ausmuteants - Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7'
Flesh World - s/t 12' (La Vida Es Un Mus)

BIG BOYS lps!

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS
Headstone: The Contact Sessions lp
Texas Psych heroes alternate versions!

SICK THOUGHTS.
My Mess My Life lp
(Dead Beat)
The Real Baltimore underground is Drew aka Sick Thoughts!

REIGNING SOUND
Shattered lp/cd
( Merge)

New frpm Greg Cartwright & Co- getting huge raves!

COLOURED BALLS
Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate)

Fantastic 2nd album from Lobby LLoyd & co!!

THE CLEAN
Anthology
4lp Box Set (Merge)
Most excellent NZ band's first albums!

DUTCH MASTERS
All In The Wires lp
(Spacecase)
Eric O & Memphis/Oxford superstars archival blast!

SPELLING MISTAKES
Feels So Good lp
(Real Groovy)

More great New Zealand punk / pop stuff!

Goner is the only place in the US to get Real Groovy
Records!

AUSMUTEANTS
Split Personalities lp (Saturno)
Our heroes' first cassette- now on vinyl in extremely limited edition!

THEE MIGHTY FEVERS
Fuckin Great R'N'R!
(Deadbeat)

Teengenerate-styled frantic punk rock supremo!

AUSMUTEANTS
Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7"
(Easter Bilby)
Aussie
wunderkids continue their roll!

FLESH WORLD
12" ep

(La Vide Es Un Mus)
First release from these Aussies who seem to have moved to SF

BIG BOYS
Lullabies Help The Brain Grow dbl lp
and
No Matter How Long The Line Is dbl lp
(Modern Classics)
Great Texas punk / hardcore.
Legendary!

Goner Records Bulliten Board Goner Records Bulletin Board
 » Name  » Password 
Goner Message Board / Memphis / pinball in memphis?
jameson
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 7:26 pm    
where in memphis is there a working pinball machine?? I have yet to find one. anyone?
rayultine
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 9:28 pm    
Elvis is at Young Avenue. meh.
Greetings Memphian entrepreneurs, if your bar were to acquire Addams Family, I would drink a shit load of beers there.
SAMBEAUX
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 9:59 pm    
Garibaldi's off Walker over near the UofM has 2 or 3. Pizza is cheap but sucks.
joseph t
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 8:30 am    
Star Trek Next Generation machine at Loren'z Aftershock. Don't go in there alone.
joseph t
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 8:31 am    
Greetings Memphian entrepreneurs, if your bar were to acquire Addams Family, I would drink a shit load of beers there.
seconded
Alisa
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 9:33 am    
Star Trek Next Generation machine at Loren'z Aftershock. Don't go in there alone.

God, joe t, they'd eat you alive in there. What were you doing there?
I wouldn't go there again for all the pinball machines in the world!

I used to play at a place called Funland at Summer and White Station when I was in high school. Damn, I miss pinball!
joseph t
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 11:32 am    
What were you doing there?

Playin pinball and watchin my ass, which is really hard to do at the same time.
Alisa
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 11:48 am    
I bet there were plenty of people also watching your ass!
Hubie Brown
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 4:55 pm    
Sopranos pinball machine at Garabaldi's!
alita
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 5:11 pm    
putt putt most likely has a few in their arcade:)

ps lorenz' has the most sweet timewarp bar- only in the front though:)

and strange empty terrariums!
robin
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 10:37 pm    
Isn't the Addams Family pinball machine the best-selling one of all time? Surely they're easy to come by. Somebody needs to get on that, Memphis!
Cole
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 10:42 pm    
There's this old building in my town, it's been abandoned forever. Me and one of my kids were walking around town, doing a few a errands and my kid looked in the window and saw a Kiss pinball machine. If I could get figure out how to buy that thing....I wonder how hard it would be to restore...it really didn't look that bad.
bruce
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 10:55 pm    
the electronics are very simple, finding bumper replacements is harder bit totally doable
eric o
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 9:17 am    
Pinball machines on Craigslist:
1976 Bobby Orr

Lazer Wars

used to ride bikes around Midtown doing Extreme Alley Riding w/James Arthur lookin' for pinball machines... ah the good old dayz.
wes_the_seeker
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 9:33 am    
3 Angels Diner on Broad has a couple of old pinball machines. Nice place and nice folks.
Scott
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 9:39 am    
3 Angels Diner on Broad has a couple of old pinball machines. Nice place and nice folks.

Yup!
BentleyTock
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 9:43 am    
Problem is no one repairs the machines. They break down; they usually break down for good. Lots of upkeep. Seriously, only handful of people in US even work on them anymore.
eric o
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 10:01 am    
seems like there's a buncha folks who will rehab them to sell 'em, they're always on Craigslist ... but they don't also just fix 'em?
rayultine
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 11:34 am    
robin,
Addams Family is indeed the best selling pinball machine of all time, but one of the most mechanically/electronically complicated of its era. Very difficult to maintain.
Quinn
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 12:42 pm    
Rollercoaster tycoon at do duds by pho hoa binh if it's not in a state of disrepair. Anybody ever see the phantom menace with the video screen targets?

My favorites:

Guns n Roses with a specially written song "Ain't goin down"
Eric you should buy it and put it in the store.

Rocky and Bullwinkle

and Attack from Mars which I guess they got rid of from Lorenz

colin
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 1:49 pm    
Im pretty damn sure they have the Addams Family pinball game at Chuckie Cheese on Germantown Pkwy. I could be wrong, but I swear I think i saw it there. The Chuckster DOES serve beer.
BullyRook
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 1:52 pm    
Im pretty damn sure they have the Addams Family pinball game at Chuckie Cheese on Germantown Pkwy. I could be wrong, but I swear I think i saw it there. The Chuckster DOES serve beer

Now they have a Pirates of the Caribbean machine. Right flipper sticks.
Alisa
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 2:30 pm    
They still serve beer? I was just wondering about that the other day. Really.
Scott
Posted: Feb 6, 2011 1:13 am    
Bentley Tock?!?
senor boogie woogie
Posted: Feb 6, 2011 10:53 am    
I have loved pinball machines since I was a child. I got very good at playing the machines to get free credits, and I was so good that arcade owners actually hated me, because I could play for an hour or more a mere 25 cents. For someone with low self esteem as I was, being a top player and beating my friends and leaving enough credits behind for others to play made me popular, but infamous to arcade owners.

Pinball machines are something that I see like someone sees in a classic car or a famous painting. Sometimes I can spy an old machine in a movie and wish I could play it.

I used to go to Fun and Games on Highland and Poplar back in the 1980's because they maintained their machines well, and had the best pinball. They rented the machines instead of buying them, so there was someone who serviced the machines. The ones who bought the machines outright usually did a poor job in keeping the machines in good working order. It was annoying to deal with those Jew pricks who ran the place, and their cheapness from buying a coin machine for dollars instead of having to bang their door for change. But they were worth it because the games were well ran and they did not care what we did in there. Good times.

Favorite pinball spots 25 years ago were Fun and Games, Imperial Bowling Lanes on Summer, Raleigh Springs Mall (ran by that kindly but scary if you did not know him old dude) and some other places. We kids used to go all the way out to a Putt Putt center way out near the Penal Farm near the old Hungry Fisherman. It was never hard to find a game back in the day, but now, not. Pinball machines are too expensive to maintain, and the rate of return is too low. Video games hurt the pinball business, and when home video gaming became as good or better than in the arcades, the pinball industry about died.

The best manufacturer of games was Williams. This is the company that made the "Adams Family" game. Well crafted games which could be played to death. The crappiest came from a company called DataEast. DataEast made some fun machines like "The Simpsons" but the games were of shit quality and would frequently break down.

My favorite game of all time is "Harlem Globetrotters" a game made in about 1980. I used to play that game at a skating center on 51 in Southhaven (the one on the right literally right over the Miss/Tn state border) that I beat so bad and they made so little money that they changed the configuration of the game to make it harder/impossible to beat. Some cheapskates designed their games to only give a free ball after acheiving a score, I never played those.

I still remember those old bingo pinball games with no flippers and holes that dropped the balls. People used to play those illegally in small shops and other places. As a kid, I lived in Whitehaven and there was one in a Cardosi's convenient store on Airways and Shelby Drive. I played Pac Man there when the game first came out, but was not allowed to play the bingo machine.

Someone mentioned Garibaldis by Memphis State. I thought their bbq pork pizza was wonderful, but that was again, in the late 1980's. Then they had an Elton John machine that was in working condition but in poor repair with the playing surface well worn. An example of some private owner buying a game and then working it to death until it's crap and trash.

The only active manufacturer of pinball games now is Stern Pinball.
http://www.sternpinball.com/

Microsoft has a game called Microsoft Pinball which one could possibly download. These are Gottlieb games from every decade from 1940's to the 1990's. It's not bad with a few good games.

In Las Vegas, there is an arcade with nothing but pinball machines, with are quite numerous. If I was wealthy, I would have a whole room of pinball games. I love em.
timmyjinx
Posted: Feb 6, 2011 11:31 am    
i have a KISS pinball machine and luv it to death. also have a KISS playfield with all the wiring if anyone is interested? I always thought if someone could get the lights to work it could be a killer coffee table.

Sultan's Castle in the raleigh springs mall was a great arcade back in the day.

the only thing about owning arcade games is the room needed, suckers are big. i have to rearrange a few things and then the Goner Asteroid machine will sit proudly next to the KISS machine.
eric o
Posted: Feb 6, 2011 10:44 pm    
nice!
jameson
Posted: Apr 23, 2011 2:28 pm    
hey we just got
SOUTH PARK pinball at
poplar lounge
works good (right now) if this machine does good, we will get another one!!! yeah!

so come on down and challenge me if you dare
rayultine
Posted: Apr 23, 2011 8:16 pm    
awesome
Your answer
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's this?

» Name  » Password 

victim of time

By posting on this board you agree to these Terms Of Use

Page loading time (secs): 0.090