Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / ABC cards for servers?
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 7:33 am

Do all servers need these in Memphis? How do you get them? Are there other cards/classes that have to gotten/taken prior to working in restaurants there?
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 10:05 am

Yep. It's a racket. You have to take a day long class and pay somewhere along the lines of $50. Call the ABC to get a schedule, or certain places host them often, like Boscos or the Half Shell. Best idea: When time gets closer, get a restaurant buddy to tell you when they're coming up, as every restaurant I've ever worked in keeps a schedule on the wall. No other training necessary.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 11:02 am

You can get a temporary one for $5 @ the A.B.C. that lasts a month so you can start working immediately. Grab one from the State building in the Civic Plaza on Main. 10th floor.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 11:32 am

Thank you--gotta let Ryan know that!
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:00 pm

jeremy scott's wife, pam, teaches the classes twice a week. fyi.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:00 pm

Where does she teach them? He'll likely just go ahead and knock it out the first week we're there.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 3:12 pm

she teaches them at Niel's on saturdays at 9 45 am and at speghetti wharehouse on tuesday's at 3 45 pm
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Thank you ma'am!
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 10:15 am

where is there still a spag warehouse?
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 11:04 am

i saw that there is one downtown, way west....
but don't ask me more than that... i have NO sense of direction
(for years i believed that union ran North & South)
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 11:29 am

I was as surprised as you, but the old one is still open. Down by the old South End.
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 12:07 pm

I was as surprised as you, but the old one is still open. Down by the old South End.

Huling, I believe.
Thanks, Britney - beat me to it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®