Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Anyone else have North Arkansas connections?
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 10:28 pm

I just heard that basically every road in Sharp County (Hardy etc) is flooded out, which means so is our river cabin. Does anyone have any other news? Seen any video or pictures? The Arkansas Gazette just has the list of road closures. Damn.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 5:22 pm

North Arkansas might be over the worst of it, but Missouri between StL and Cape is in for even worse over the weekend. I hope it's not as bad as 93 ...
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 5:25 pm

I saw pictures of Downtown Hardy and the river was lapping over where the "Old Bridge" was washed away in '82...it didn't look as raging as back then, which is good, but I am certain it got high enough to get into the cabin. I just hope it isn't still there because that old foundation is from 1919.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 8:12 pm

according to NOAA river levels, the Spring rose around 24 feet in less than 12 hours.
I wish I could find the link...I think I got it through the Arkansas gazette....I can't find it now.
My bro has a place on Bull Shoals and it was rising so fast (the lake) that they were moving the dock every hour...
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:08 pm

The Gazette had some pix from Cherokee Village (where my mom lives on a lake) and things looked bad there too. Her dock is probably kaput and she is in Little Rock gaping at the Tigers and from what I can tell is totally unconcerned about her home for some reason!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm

what I can tell is totally unconcerned about her home for some reason!
out spending your inheiritance
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:14 pm

I plan on loading up a Uhaul with all the junk she has in her house and bringing it back to Memphis to sell in a huge yard sale at my aunt's on Peabody--come help me earn back my inheritance!!!

(She has about 500 Beanie Babies--she is like a Earles and Jensen phone call come to life)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®