Fix / Modern
7" out Now!

AUSMUTEANTS lp

AUSMUTEANTS
Great young Aussie
Punks - Synths + Snot!

UPCOMING GONER EVENTS
Thursday August 28 The Clean, Boogarins, Nots HiTone
Gonerfest 11 September 25-28 2014 more info here!

13th Floor Elevators - Headstone Contact Sessions lp

Sick Thoughts - My Mess My Life lp (Dead Beat Records)

Reigning Sound - Shattered lp (Merge)

Coloured Balls - Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate Records)

The Clean - Anthology 4 lp boxset (Merge Records)
Dutch Masters - All In The Wires lp (Spacecase)

Spelling Mistakes - Feels So Good lp (Real Groovy Records )
Ausmuteants - Split Personalities lp (Saturno Records)
Thee Mighty Fevers - Fuck'in Great R'n'R lp (Deadbeat)
Ausmuteants - Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7'
Flesh World - s/t 12' (La Vida Es Un Mus)

BIG BOYS lps!

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS
Headstone: The Contact Sessions lp
Texas Psych heroes alternate versions!

SICK THOUGHTS.
My Mess My Life lp
(Dead Beat)
The Real Baltimore underground is Drew aka Sick Thoughts!

REIGNING SOUND
Shattered lp/cd
( Merge)

New frpm Greg Cartwright & Co- getting huge raves!

COLOURED BALLS
Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate)

Fantastic 2nd album from Lobby LLoyd & co!!

THE CLEAN
Anthology
4lp Box Set (Merge)
Most excellent NZ band's first albums!

DUTCH MASTERS
All In The Wires lp
(Spacecase)
Eric O & Memphis/Oxford superstars archival blast!

SPELLING MISTAKES
Feels So Good lp
(Real Groovy)

More great New Zealand punk / pop stuff!

Goner is the only place in the US to get Real Groovy
Records!

AUSMUTEANTS
Split Personalities lp (Saturno)
Our heroes' first cassette- now on vinyl in extremely limited edition!

THEE MIGHTY FEVERS
Fuckin Great R'N'R!
(Deadbeat)

Teengenerate-styled frantic punk rock supremo!

AUSMUTEANTS
Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7"
(Easter Bilby)
Aussie
wunderkids continue their roll!

FLESH WORLD
12" ep

(La Vide Es Un Mus)
First release from these Aussies who seem to have moved to SF

BIG BOYS
Lullabies Help The Brain Grow dbl lp
and
No Matter How Long The Line Is dbl lp
(Modern Classics)
Great Texas punk / hardcore.
Legendary!

Goner Records Bulliten Board Goner Records Bulletin Board
 » Name  » Password 
Goner Message Board / Memphis / robbery/abduction on u of m campus?
elle
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 9:04 am    
just got a text from the university (from our new "warning system") about police investigating a robbery/abduction in the richardson towers parking lot. they reported "no injuries".

what the heck does "no injuries" mean? like there wasn't someone actually ABDUCTED. or that no one else was injured but someone done got took?

??? i haven't found anything in the news about it yet. hmmmmm.
Miss Faye
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 11:24 am    
On 03/17/08 at 4:30 AM, Police Services learned that a student reported to the Memphis Police Department that he had been abducted from the Richardson Towers parking lot and robbed.

The student stated that at approximately 11:30 PM on Sunday March 16, 2008, he walked out of Richardson Towers South. As he was walking into the parking lot, he was approached from behind by a suspect armed with a handgun. The suspect made the student get into a vehicle and he was driven around for several hours. During that time, the suspects took the student’s wallet and other personal items before dropping him off in the area of Summer and Holmes. The student-victim was not injured.

The suspects were described by the victim as:

# 1, armed with the handgun: African-American male, 20-25 years old, 6’3”, 200 lbs., muscular/athletic build, no facial hair except for a small amount on his chin (stubble appearance). He was wearing a black doo rag with what appeared to be braids underneath. He was also wearing a dark tee shirt, blue jacket, dark jeans and white tennis shoes.

# 2, driver of the vehicle: African-American male, 20-25 years old, medium build, hair appeared to be in small twists, no facial hair, front teeth covered with gold “grill.” He was wearing a yellow and black striped polo shirt.

The vehicle was described as White, 4-door, small to mid-size sedan, mid or late 90’s model, possibly a Chevy Impala.
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 12:18 pm    
Sounds like a fun night out. Jesus.
elle
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 1:43 pm    
ugh. i'm out at campus that late sometimes, usually at the smith computer lab or the library. but i'll be damned if i leave my car in the parking lot then cuz there's always suspicious lookin' fuckers trollin' those things at night. hell no. i'm glad i don't live around the u of m area. some of my friends who do always tell me about crazy shit always happenin over there.
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 3:50 pm    
A friend of mine does and I love her little neighborhood; maybe looks are deceiving, but it is keeyute over there in spots.
elle
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm    
there are some really cute places over there. but the fuckers who are coming in to the area from neighborhoods surrounding aren't so cute. they know that students and faculty live in the area and prey on them. it'd be interesting to see a crime report of the entire area over there since there have been multiple instances of robberies at gunpoint around there. not to say that midtown is any better though, but it just seems that there have been an over abundance of gunpoint robberies over there within the past two years.
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:33 pm    
While we are on the subject, what is the preferred choice of concealed (or not) personal protection? And where do I get it?
Rumpleforeskin
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:35 pm    
Sorry, Prada does not make pistol holsters.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 8:01 pm    
sorry, saispas. That was pretty funny. :)
joel
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 8:44 pm    
There's been a steady increase in nasty activities in the area for a while. Your best defense is to be constantly looking around you and avoid being alone in parking garages in the middle of the night.

I go for partial concealment. A crossdraw pocket holster not-quite hiding a full size semi-auto makes for a lump in your jeans that scares off crooks and ladies with equal efficiency.

You get it at a gun store. Duh.
Wire
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm    
Crossdraw pocket holster? How the fuck would that work? Crossfade the submixed gain to the post effects send so the vocals won't clash with the harmony.
elle
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 1:49 am    
i carry pepper spray. but like i said before, in the paper/rock/scissors game of weaponry, a gun wins time and again. i don't know what kinda permits you have to have to carry. i don't carry.
joel
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 1:49 am    
"Crossdraw pocket holster? How the fuck would that work?"

Right hand, left hip pocket, large Beretta in velcro-lined holster. Shoot a hole in your harmony.
saispas
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 9:34 am    
Sorry, Prada does not make pistol holsters.

Agreed. Funny shit. I'd buy a bootleg one if they did; can't afford that stuff!

I'd never carry a gun on me; my mom has one for her car because she travels a lot, but I am sure that Arkansas is easier on that stuff. She has had it forever.

Your best defense is to be constantly looking around you

Same old Memphis behavior for me.
Miss Faye
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 9:39 am    
Your best defense is to be constantly looking around you
Agreed. Although the next time someone gets into my backyard in the middle of the night, they're getting a cap in their ass. Yeehaw!
saispas
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 9:59 am    
I wish I had my old Powell-Peralta skateboard for home defense. I felt safe hawking inside my apartment in Chicago with that thing when someone was trying to break in once. BOOM! There goes your head!
Wire
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 1:38 pm    
Heck, if it works, it works, I just couldn't envision it.
saispas
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 3:02 pm    
I was much more fearless back in those days. Who knows? If I would have actually had to bust it across someone's head, it could have bounced off! It just seemed ridiculously large and heavy and it was handy!
Wire
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 5:12 pm | Edited by: Wire    
Two arrested in kidnap-robbery
Alisa
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 6:16 pm    
Those kidnappers need to take an IT course or something.
Dumbasses.
saispas
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 9:13 am | Edited by: saispas    
Or watch The First 48. Where our very own cops 60% of the time find the killers by tracking cell calls and the other 40% of the time, Carolyn Mason and/or Toney Armstrong breaks gangsta asses down into a weepy mess of confession.
Your answer
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's this?

» Name  » Password 

victim of time

By posting on this board you agree to these Terms Of Use

Page loading time (secs): 0.088