Fix / Modern
7" out Now!

AUSMUTEANTS lp

AUSMUTEANTS
Great young Aussie
Punks - Synths + Snot!

UPCOMING GONER EVENTS
Thursday August 28 The Clean, Boogarins, Nots HiTone
Gonerfest 11 September 25-28 2014 more info here!

13th Floor Elevators - Headstone Contact Sessions lp

Sick Thoughts - My Mess My Life lp (Dead Beat Records)

Reigning Sound - Shattered lp (Merge)

Coloured Balls - Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate Records)

The Clean - Anthology 4 lp boxset (Merge Records)
Dutch Masters - All In The Wires lp (Spacecase)

Spelling Mistakes - Feels So Good lp (Real Groovy Records )
Ausmuteants - Split Personalities lp (Saturno Records)
Thee Mighty Fevers - Fuck'in Great R'n'R lp (Deadbeat)
Ausmuteants - Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7'
Flesh World - s/t 12' (La Vida Es Un Mus)

BIG BOYS lps!

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS
Headstone: The Contact Sessions lp
Texas Psych heroes alternate versions!

SICK THOUGHTS.
My Mess My Life lp
(Dead Beat)
The Real Baltimore underground is Drew aka Sick Thoughts!

REIGNING SOUND
Shattered lp/cd
( Merge)

New frpm Greg Cartwright & Co- getting huge raves!

COLOURED BALLS
Heavy Metal Kid lp (Desperate)

Fantastic 2nd album from Lobby LLoyd & co!!

THE CLEAN
Anthology
4lp Box Set (Merge)
Most excellent NZ band's first albums!

DUTCH MASTERS
All In The Wires lp
(Spacecase)
Eric O & Memphis/Oxford superstars archival blast!

SPELLING MISTAKES
Feels So Good lp
(Real Groovy)

More great New Zealand punk / pop stuff!

Goner is the only place in the US to get Real Groovy
Records!

AUSMUTEANTS
Split Personalities lp (Saturno)
Our heroes' first cassette- now on vinyl in extremely limited edition!

THEE MIGHTY FEVERS
Fuckin Great R'N'R!
(Deadbeat)

Teengenerate-styled frantic punk rock supremo!

AUSMUTEANTS
Stale White Boys Playing Stale Black Music 7"
(Easter Bilby)
Aussie
wunderkids continue their roll!

FLESH WORLD
12" ep

(La Vide Es Un Mus)
First release from these Aussies who seem to have moved to SF

BIG BOYS
Lullabies Help The Brain Grow dbl lp
and
No Matter How Long The Line Is dbl lp
(Modern Classics)
Great Texas punk / hardcore.
Legendary!

Goner Records Bulliten Board Goner Records Bulletin Board
 » Name  » Password 
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Tigers are Number One
 Page Page:  ««  1  2  3  4  »»
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 7:24 pm    
What the fuck is wrong with these commentators?
heyradio
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 7:33 pm | Edited by: heyradio    
Turn down the t.v.; turn up the radio.

Woloshin!
Alisa
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:26 pm    
could someone please tell me where I can find this on the radio. My Comcast is breaking up so bad that it is unwatchable!
Golightly
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:34 pm    
wrec 600 am
Alisa
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:51 pm    
thanks
elle
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 5:53 pm    
wooooooo! we won! hooray. now to take out either tulsa or utep and we got this. (should be easy enough).

damn ut nearly got snagged by south carolina. i was hoping that they woulda gotten taken out, but damn. can't believe vandy got hit by arkansas like that. i figured vandy woulda taken them out. i was hoping vandy woulda knocked ut off in the tournament. that woulda been some funny shit. so maybe arkansuck will do it. who knows?
colin
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 9:05 am    
Joey Dorsey 0 pts. 2 reb. in yesterdays game against So. Miss..

Now thats what I call peaking in March! Lets hope he comes around.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:15 am    
He's playing pretty well today so far.
We're tearing Tulsa up!
Golightly
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:20 am    
I can't stand these nail biters. I hope we can pull it off.
COME ON TIGERS!
saispas
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:34 am    
Brutalizing!!!!

Tulsa is exhausted.

I know it is kinda pathetic, but I have this slight optimism about their imrproved free throw shooting in the tourney!
Alisa
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:35 am    
So do I, saispas. Now if Joey will just show up for all the games...
elle
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 1:16 pm    
when will dorsey get it in his thick skull that this is his last year of playing and he has GOT to turn on the juice?
saispas
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 2:18 pm    
This is the eternal question for legions of talented basketball players. Unfortunately, now we have one to question.
robin
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 3:19 pm    
how come pierre niles got to hold up the sign that said "conference USA champions"?
Alisa
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 3:29 pm    
Did anyone notice that CDR was sporting a big old neck tat that said "Judy"?
I haven't seen that before...is it new?
saispas
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 3:53 pm    
how come pierre niles got to hold up the sign that said "conference USA champions"?

They had to give him something to do?
Alisa
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 5:23 pm    
Oh yeah! Insanely great pic of the Tigers on the home page of CBS sports!
http://sportsline.com/cbssports
robin
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 8:10 pm    
Aaaand Tennessee got beat... by Arkansas. What a riot. My basketball day couldn't get any better than this.

ALTHOUGH, maybe it would have been better for them to win and be a lock for a 1 seed, cos I don't want them to be the #2 to Memphis's #1 in the same region....
ChicoHarris
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:30 pm    
The University of Memphis' basketball facilities are one of the, if not the, finest in the country.

Then why doesn't Memphis State use those facilities instead of asking permission to use building where the Grizzlies play?
ChicoHarris
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:32 pm    
yeah, it's not losing to #2 that hurts, it's who #2 was.

Did you note that Ole Miss played Tennessee closer in Knoxville than Memphis State did in Memphis?
ChicoHarris
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:38 pm    
that '84 World's Fair thing
It was 1982. 1984 was New Orleans.
ChicoHarris
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:42 pm    
orsey has officially made himself out to be an egotistical fod

Also known as a thug.
ChicoHarris
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:46 pm    
wooooooo! we won! hooray. now to take out either tulsa or utep and we got this. (should be easy enough).

No shit, since Memphis State plays in a pansy creampuff league.
ChicoHarris
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 11:47 pm    

Being a thug, they wanted to keep his hands occupied.
elle
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 2:41 am    
you make me throw up in my mouth a little, chico harris. mostly cuz you STILL think ole miss is somewhat better than memphis. which they never will be. teeheehawhaw.
robin
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 12:02 am    
So anyways, back to the real shit that involves #1 seeds playing in the NCAA tournament rather than sore losers/overly obsessed track and field aficionados/pierre niles' prison bitch.

Is anyone else totally biting their nails about the fact that we may have to play Texas in Houston?

Is anyone else totally offended that Bobby Knight has Pitt getting past Memphis and then going on to win the whole thing?

I am trying really hard not to be completely stressed out for the next few weeks, but it's gonna be so hard. This is the best chance we've had in decades.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:29 am    
Is anyone else totally biting their nails about the fact that we may have to play Texas in Houston?

Yes! And just heard someone on ESPN this morning giving that game to Texas.
I'm also stressed that we have Friday, Sunday games this week instead of Thursday/Saturday. We're going out of town, and I have to meet someone in Statesville, NC on Friday. Sunday we're going to be driving home all day. I haven't figured out what time the games are on yet...
britney
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 8:30 am    
normally the people screaming outside of the Today show iritate me but this morning there were some Tigers fans with big poster board and shit. pretty cool.
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 8:31 am    
We do have an intense bracket (Michigan State, Texas, Pitt, Oregon and Calapari's nemesis, Temple); while we are still better than all of those teams, we also could lose to any of them.

Check out UCLA's cakewalk! Fuck them.
tigergreen
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 11:23 am    
yeah, it's not losing to #2 that hurts, it's who #2 was.

Did you note that Ole Miss played Tennessee closer in Knoxville than Memphis State did in Memphis?

i'm sorry....I can't hear over the din of the NIT crowds that will be watching ole piss...are you still talking? really?

UCLA has the easiest road out of all of them...and tennessee yet again won't make it past the sweet 16.

texas in texas sucks, but we've beaten the home team before in the tourney; we can do it again. plus, they've gotta get past stanford - which they may not be able to do!
colin
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 12:46 pm    
Texas and Pitt will be tough games folks. Pitt plays more physical than any team we have played this year. Lets take it one game at a time. Next up...Texas Arlington!
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 3:56 pm    
ahem--nice CDR!!!

University of Memphis junior guard Chris Douglas-Roberts added to his list of accolades today when he was named to the U.S. Basketball Writers Association's All-America first team.

Douglas-Roberts, the Conference USA Player of the Year, is the Tigers’ first USBWA first-team all-American since Penny Hardaway in 1993.

robin
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 5:01 pm    
Pitt plays more physical than any team we have played this year.

Yes, and they play sloooowly. This is always the first thing that brings the Tigers down when they get blown out or have a close call.

UCLA's region is so, so unfair. I think UNC's is harder than Memphis's, but it's a close call. Why do the two best teams have the hardest regions??? Typical BS.
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:29 pm    
And WHY do they set it up every year so that we possibly end up meeting UCLA? Why not Kansas? UNC? I can tell you that would be a far more enjoyable game for the actual fans. I heard an old wiseacre on sports radio the other day after that BS call that helped UCLA beat Cal; he called them "UCLA: U Can't Lose Anyway".
robin
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:49 pm    
I hope Duke beats UCLA and we get to play them. Remember how exciting the NIT preseason game against them was back in '05?
Alisa
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:59 pm | Edited by: Alisa    
And WHY do they set it up every year so that we possibly end up meeting UCLA?

Because, subconsciously, everyone remembers the 1973 championship game?
I mean, I know I do. And think about that!
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 9:36 pm    
Because, subconsciously, everyone remembers the 1973 championship game?

Maybe that is it. I mean, given history, they totally have our number.

Eek. Go Duke?
Alisa
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 9:39 pm    
I never thought I'd hear that come out of your mouth!
street
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 9:58 pm    
I liked Duke even before they gave us Shane Battier -- they were one of my favorite non-Memphis teams growing up, along with Kentucky. So yeah, Go Duke! And Go Anybody Who Plays Texas!!
saispas
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:09 pm    
Oh i despise Duke even more than UCLA, but I am sick of UCLA beating us when it counts! You know, I may hate UCLA as much as Duke. I think I referred to them as "The Duke of the West Coast" earlier this season.
robin
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 11:41 pm    
I DESPISE duke. ever since i saw christian laettner stomp on a kid's stomach in the championship game as an impressionable preteen (91?) i've had a lot of ire towards the entire city of durham. living there did nothing to make that ire dissipate, i tell ya.
tigergreen
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 11:14 am    
I DESPISE duke. ever since i saw christian laettner stomp on a kid's stomach in the championship game as an impressionable preteen (91?)

92, i think...

same here...I've hated duke ever since that era. hated laettner & bobby hurley both.

shane battier is the ONLY good thing to EVER come out of durham.
eric o
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 11:19 am    
shane!

did you see how kyle lowery didn't go for the shot that woulda gotten the grizz 100 pts and free Hooters hot wings last night?

shane woulda.
colin
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 1:33 pm    
Duke dosent figure into anyones equation. Fuck Duke! Greg Paulus is the new Bobby Hurley. I just really hope that the Tigers do not have to play Pitt! I would much rather play Texas even in Texas than play Pitt. Pitt is very strong and nasty physical! Go Tigs!
heyradio
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 2:03 pm    
I just really hope that the Tigers do not have to play Pitt! I would much rather play Texas even in Texas than play Pitt. Pitt is very strong and nasty physical!

I know transitive properties don't exactly work for CBB, but Pitt barely beat G-Town and we handled G-Town thoroughly.

Texas in Texas? I still like our odds. They rely on their guards to beat you. Their 5'11" and 6'0" guards I might add. Derrick Rose - 6'4". Antonio Anderson - 6'6".

Take all comers, I say. To be the best you have to beat the best.

GO TIGERS!!! JUST SIX MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
colin
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 2:19 pm    
Pitt beat G-Town by 9 points which is hardly barely in the Big East. We played G-Town in December which is much, much different than in March. Not discounting the Tigers thats my team, I just dont wanna have to play Pitt. As seen in the Memphis v. Tennessee game we dont handle scrappy physical play very well, and Pitt is just that times 10! I say bring it as well...our big men are just going to have to show up every minute of every game in the coming weeks! Go Tigers.
saispas
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 2:54 pm    
Take all comers, I say. To be the best you have to beat the best.

YEAH! Just like Ditchweed says on the PT Cruiser call: "I like your attitude."
saispas
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 3:00 pm    
I don't like the Pitt match up either, but what can you do? Maybe Michigan State beats them (possible, if D. Neitzel and R, Morgan are on point and Suton isn't fucking up)? But then there is Izzo coaching against Cal and um, Izzo is a bad ass.

We just have a fucked up bracket!
tigergreen
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 3:05 pm    
UCLA got the cakewalk to the final four....maybe they should peel them a grape or something while they're at it.
heyradio
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 3:12 pm | Edited by: heyradio    
Pitt beat G-Town by 9 points which is hardly barely in the Big East. We played G-Town in December which is much, much different than in March.

This is true, however the Tigers have already dispatched the two best teams in the Big East, Georgetown and UConn, by double digits. I think it's a little naive to think that Every other team got exponentially better between then and March, while the Tigers stayed the same (or worse) over the same time period. Also, I did a little research on Pitt's starting five. Not exactly giants. They go from 5'10" to 6'7". That means our 3 (CDR) is as big as their 5 (Blair).
saispas
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 3:19 pm    
I agree with whomever said above that Pitt's grind-it-out game will be what gets us (IF ANYTHING THEY DO DOES).

If we are on point, they should not be a problem. We are our own worst enemy in this tournament.
heyradio
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 11:38 pm    
We are our own worst enemy in this tournament.

Truer words may have never been spoken. . .
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:22 am    
I doubt Pitt will make it to the sweet 16.... I am feeling more of green team that has a pretty good coach.
saispas
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 3:18 pm    
I am feeling more of green team that has a pretty good coach.

I am sure my husband agrees.

But anyways, what time is the game and is it tomorrow or Friday???
jerryd
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 4:32 pm    
My brother just called and told me he had an extra ticket for the friday and sunday games in little rock and was seeing if I wanted to go!

I CAN'T!!! Of all the fucking times to be in New Orleans!!!

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
elle
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 4:36 pm    
they had absolutely no student tickets available to offer at all to anyone. this is such crap. grrrrrr. i totally would have driven to little rock if i had any real chance of going. this sucks. :(
saispas
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 4:40 pm    
Jerry!!!! That sucks. I am sorry; you gotta have even more fun in NOLA; if anyplace can facilitate it, it is New Orleans!

My mom is in the same hotel with the Tigers right now (she works in LR half the week)!!!!!
robin
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 6:40 pm | Edited by: robin    
I got this email today from a friend whose family is from the Pittsburgh/West Virginia area and follows Pitt basketball:

i have followed pitt all year and they aren't as slow or physical as years past. they've actually started running more (how they beat georgetown) and, while still tough, not as tough as they used to be. they have a good freshman too, but he's no d rose

This makes me feel a little better. Hope it helps y'all too.

Saispas: get her to get you some autographs!!!
saispas
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 9:25 pm    
She'd be running around to anyone black and asking for autographs--it would be pretty hilarious to see!

We'll see what she can do though!
robin
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:18 pm    
From Pat Forde's column at espn.com; best and worst scenarios. Effing hilarious. He definitely knows his Memphis shit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=33 00956

Best Case: Tigers break through the regional-final barrier and don't stop until they win the title. Derrick Rose auditions to be the top pick in the NBA draft. Chris Douglas-Roberts makes every clutch shot. Joey Dorsey shuts up and plays. John Calipari shuts up and coaches. And everyone makes their free throws. Establishment conferences flush with football money forced to watch outsider cut down the nets.

Worst Case: Tigers find the Houston version of the Plush Club the night before they play Pittsburgh in the regional semifinals. Dorsey makes it rain, curfew is broken, Calipari dismisses it as a vast Big East conspiracy. Memphis goes 6-for-17 at the line and loses by a deuce. Rose and CDR go pro. Cal inquires about open jobs in the establishment conferences.

elle
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:20 pm    
well, this is the bullshit on gotigersgo.com:

"The University of Memphis will receive 550 tickets, priced at $53 per session, for the NCAA First/Second Round to be held in Little Rock, Arkansas, on March 21-23. The tournament will be played in Alltel Arena.

The University will hold approximately 250 tickets for Friday's Memphis/Texas-Arlington game. These tickets are reserved for UM students, which include team, band, pom-pon squad and their sponsors, and for the U of M administration and athletic department officials.

An additional 300 tickets were reserved for use by the UM Tiger Scholarship Fund. Members of the Tiger Scholarship Fund office began calling donors early last week to take advance ticket orders. The Platinum Tigers were limited to two tickets each. The Gold level TSF members will be called Monday morning from 10 AM until 12 noon to place their ticket orders and it is expected that less than half of the Gold level members will receive tickets.

Officials in Little Rock have informed the University of Memphis that the event is sold out."

i would have to stand in line from today on to get into that damn arena. shit. for holding 16000 people, you figure a university would get more seats than that. they need to wait until teams are announced to play before selling tickets to shit like that and actually give students more chances to go cheer for their team. it's such a crock.
robin
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:36 pm    
Let's just hope that even if you can't go, all those tickets were bought by Tigers fans.
elle
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 12:57 am    
From Pat Forde's column at espn.com; best and worst scenarios. Effing hilarious. He definitely knows his Memphis shit.

dear god that made me laugh so hard i about peed my pants.

i COULD go to the game on friday if i felt like fucking camping out in front of the arena from now til the game. i already sat for 12 hours once. i ain't driving to little rock only to be disappointed. it's one thing if i am home and there's 3000 seats. another if i am in another city in the cold and there's only 250. ugh. plus it's 53 dollars for every session. if i were ballin', i'd do it, but i'm brokey mcpoorpants right now and can't hang wit it.

looks like i'mma be sittin' up at the hi tone gettin' faced watching the game before the black lips/quintron show.
britney
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 8:53 am    
looks like i'mma be sittin' up at the hi tone gettin' faced watching the game before the black lips/quintron show.

yes! yes! i've been so excited about this all week! tomorrow!
saispas
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 12:05 pm    
I am telling you...I might should have listened to myself when I thought to pick Georgia over Xavier. I never listen to myself enough with these picks. Well, it is still the first half but yikes, do they look good!
tigergreen
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 12:28 pm    
I might should have listened to myself when I thought to pick Georgia over Xavier.

me & you both...five brackets, & i picked xavier over them on every last one.

i'm loving watching march madness on demand online, though...let the time wasting at work begin!
saispas
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 1:44 pm    
OK, I need to relax, but still...Georgia!
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 3:53 pm    
2 SEC teams already eliminated.
bruce
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:01 pm    
just got a call from a friend who is in little rock, said that the tigers were across the table from him eating at benihanna, i don't know about that for a meal to start the tourny with
saispas
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:05 pm    
i don't know about that for a meal to start the tourny with

No kidding--who knows where those shrimp they flip to you have been!
robin
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 6:31 pm    
i bet your friend probably felt very teeny tiny at that table.

i am really stressin' cos i can't get the games to load on my computer and i'm figuring they'll probably show the east regional games up here (boston), not memphis's. i wanna watch so badly!
dtrain
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 6:41 pm    
GO TIGER HIGH!!!!
saispas
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 7:49 pm    
They aren't showing the Memphis game in Little Rock because Arkansas is playing at the same time and they aren't showing it here because it is more of an SEC state here (Florida). DAMN.
robin
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 7:58 pm    
cbssports.com has all the games that aren't shown in people's areas. it's not working for me, but maybe it will for you. tiny screen, but better than nothing.

good luck!!!
saispas
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 8:01 pm    
I will try it; these games on right now are snoresville.
colin
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 9:07 am    
Tigers looked pretty bad against a team they should have put away much earlier than they did. Ms. State looks really tough. If the Tigers do not play better they will get creamed on Sunday. State has one of the best shot blockers in the country and they are big and physical as hell. I hope they get it done but it will not be easy.
robin
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 3:09 pm    
maybe they were playing really half-assed to conserve energy? that is what i keep trying to tell myself.
saispas
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 4:36 pm    
The box scores didn't reflect how badly they must have played. Fuck it. I'll take the win however we got it after watching the craziness of yesterday at all the games in Tampa. That is why it is called March Madness!!!! Even Mount St. Marys got in a little at North Carolina. We'll just have to see but I am sick of coming into these Tiger games with all this grumbling and grousing; it makes it zero fun.
colin
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 8:19 pm    
Piss Poor...M State is long and strong on the inside. Curtain time friends!!
street
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 9:34 pm | Edited by: street    
Pretty cool article on CDR just showed up on the AP wire:

http://sports.myway.com/news/03222008/v0314.html

Here's hoping he lives up to it tomorrow!
saispas
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 9:50 pm    
Yep!

Um, is anyone seeing that UCLA is LOSING by 8 points to Texas A&M?

HAHAHAHAHA! Please lose. I could care less about my bracket to have them and Duke lose on the same day.
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 12:24 pm    
pitt losing totally made my night, but ucla losing would have made it that much sweeter.
saispas
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 12:43 pm    
I know! Well now all Memphis has to do is win today and hopefully Ryan and I don't have to enter couples counseling.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 5:21 pm    
They're making me nervous today.
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 5:26 pm    
me too. robert dozier needs to get it together.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 5:40 pm | Edited by: Alisa    
looks like they all need to get it together, except for Willie Kemp.
Though Rose does look like he wants to win this game.
saispas
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 5:46 pm    
This is sickness-inducing basketball.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 5:47 pm    
I'm fucking losing it.
And, I drove for nine hours today, which is nausea inducing enough on its own.

GO TIGER!!!! FERCRISSAKES!!!!
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 5:59 pm    
I CANNOT DEAL. These refs are totally pissing me off.

Joey Dorsey is ON. I know he's in serious foul trouble, but you can't ask a guy for 6 blocks and not have that happen when the refs are this ridiculous.

I am so about to throw up, ladies.
saispas
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:00 pm    
Every. Fucking. GAME!!!!

Dozier just fouled out. OK, let's get this one done Tiggers. Jesus rose today for this reason alone, right?
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:05 pm    
Barf. Barf. Barf.
I'm feeling a tiny bit better about it though.
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:06 pm    
They can't even play any fucking defense, because every time they dare to touch a motherfucker they get a foul call. And everybody's in foul trouble.

This is gonna come down to free throws. Yall know what that means...
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:08 pm    
Foul shooting going on right now.
Man, I hope CDR makes a million zillion dollars. He's worth it.
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:08 pm    
ooh i just saw joey dorsey's pantyline. sexy.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:12 pm    
This game was won because Rose wanted it so bad, and CDR is just an awesome motherfucker.
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:13 pm    
dorsey's out. please please please don't let him have to go out that way in his last memphis game.
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:14 pm    
it's not over yet. i am not counting any chickens yet.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:15 pm    
It's okay. I'm feeling okay now.
Also because they HIT THEIR FREETHROWS!
GO TIGERS!
saispas
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:17 pm    
I crack up everytime I see Dorsey on the bench shaking his head and likely saying something very defensive and stupid a la Rasheed Wallace. He just did it to Dozier, who always has the same "I'm 12 and was just caught stealing a beer" look on his face.

GO TIGERS!!!!!
Alisa
Okay, nevermind. I'm shutting up now.
Alisa
He just did it to Dozier, who always has the same "I'm 12 and was just caught stealing a beer" look on his face.

And that ray of light really got into his head!
robin
why antonio anderson, why?
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:19 pm    

He seriously could not let it go!!! That and the leg cramp./
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:19 pm    
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!@*#Q@^R^RWE#^@
Wire
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:20 pm    
Ho shit.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:22 pm    
Godfrey Daniel. I'm so glad it's over.

So, what happened to Andre? He went to the locker room after that hard hit and I never heard anything else.

Hey...where's Andre? I sound like Tim Gunn!

GO TIGERS!!!!!
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:24 pm    
I saw him on the bench swaying back and forth with the rest of 'em when they counted their chickens. He looked happy at least.
saispas
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:25 pm    

That was totally some Jesus coming down to bless Dorsey though! AHHHHHHHHH!
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:27 pm    
Looks like they didn't hit so much of their FTs, but they did in a two minute stretch when it REALLY mattered.
They looked really hesitant first half, except for Rose who looked like he was determined to win the game the whole time.
Joey's fuckin wack. It was funny...did you hear them chanting "JOEY JOEY" in the arena? He's loved...
Alisa
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:29 pm    

He is risen! Happy Easter!
elle
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 7:01 pm    
joey is retarded, but i love him nevertheless. i'm just glad he got his game back, crazy ass mofucka. those refs, good god, i could've kicked their fucking asses. if i was in little rock i prolly would've thrown things at 'em. making me just about as classy as those uab fans. but at least i wouldn't be throwing things at the mississippi state players. they played a hard game. can't hate on them. just the refs for being supersucky.

here's the write up from espn.com:

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas-Roberts put up the fancy stats and grab most of the attention.

When Memphis needs to get down and dirty, though, it's Joey Dorsey who gets it done.

The Tigers' burly forward made his presence known on both ends of the court Sunday, finishing with 13 points, 12 rebounds, a season-high six blocks and an untold number of bumps and bruises as top-seeded Memphis outscrapped Mississippi State 77-74 in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Three other Tigers finished in double figures, including 17 each from Rose and Douglas-Roberts.

It was the ninth straight win for Memphis (35-1), which advanced to the round of 16 for a third straight year. The Tigers will play fifth-seeded Michigan State (27-8) in the semifinals of the South Region on Friday in Houston.

Jamont Gordon had 21 points and Ben Hansbrough 19 for eighth-seeded Mississippi State, which hasn't made it out of the first weekend since the 1996 team that went to the Final Four.

But the Bulldogs came close.

Gordon made a 3-pointer with about 19 seconds left to cut Memphis' lead to 75-70. Antonio Anderson missed a pair of free throws, and Charles Rhodes slammed home a rebound. Rose was quickly fouled, but he could only make one of two. Gordon then made a layup to cut it to 76-74 with 4.2 seconds left.

But Douglas-Roberts made a free throw, and Gordon's long jumper at the buzzer wasn't close.

That this game wasn't going to be a thing of beauty was a given. Mississippi State and Memphis came into the tournament with two of the best defenses in the country, with the Bulldogs ranking second in the nation in both opponents' field-goal percentage (36.8) and blocks (7.9).

Mississippi State (23-11) also had the nation's leading shot blocker in Jarvis Varnado.

And the teams didn't disappoint. There was so much bumping and banging going on the players should have been wearing sponsor decals and fire suits, and anyone who entered the lane did so at his own risk. Diminutive Andre Allen -- 5-foot-10 and 205 pounds -- got hammered so hard when he took on the 6-8, 245-pound Rhodes late in the first half that the refs had Douglas-Roberts shoot the free throws so Allen could get checked out. He was fine.

But it was Dorsey who dictated the game. He had his hand in what seemed like every shot, and he was always around the basket scooping up rebounds. When the Tigers needed a big bucket, he was there, shooting 6-of-8 from the floor. The large contingent of Memphis fans serenaded him with chants of "Jo-ey! Jo-ey!" when he fouled out with 24 seconds left.

The victory avenged -- somewhat -- Memphis' only loss of the season. Another Southeastern Conference team, Tennessee, beat the Tigers on Feb. 23 and knocked them out of the No. 1 spot in the polls.
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 7:04 pm    
Jo-ey! Jo-ey!

(We are the craziest women on earth.)
robin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 7:09 pm    
Also, as my Mom pointed out, the funniest thing about this Light Of Jesus shining down on him is that it's Joey freaking Dorsey!!! It wouldn't have been nearly funny if the light shone on CDR or Derrick Rose. I think Jesus was entering the soul of Joey and officially throwing His support behind the Tigers.

The only place this man will be making it rain from here on out is the collection plate at church!!!
saispas
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 7:14 pm    
I think Jesus was entering the soul of Joey and officially throwing His support behind the Tigers.

I was cracking up so hard when The Light went into his face and he just got that annoyed look he always has. Then he swished the free throw! I am sure one of the many Bible Thumpers around him have helped him understand what happened and he will make sure to mention this when he makes his eventual transition to raging preacher in 15 years.
elle
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 7:16 pm    
dude, i'd totally go once to check out the church of joey dorsey. hahah.

The only place this man will be making it rain from here on out is the collection plate at church!!!

girrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, you're killin me.
colin
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 7:30 pm    
Bring on M-State and Izzo!! Man saispas I know yall gots some marital probs abot now. Shits about to get nazzty! Neitzel looks like a hitler youth mofo. Swett 16 here we come.
saispas
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 7:34 pm    
He keeps saying, "Y'all are gonna beat us." I think he is trying to psych me out or jinx the Tigers or something. He claims that as a Michigan State fan, he doesn't have the power to jinx my team, just his own. I don't know, but I am confused so I don't trust it!

BRING EM ON!!!!!
street
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 9:30 pm    

Looked like it was right out of The Blues Brothers -- "Do you see the light?" Too funny.

I haven't seen the final stats - did Joey have more blocks than the MSU guy that passed Shaq's SEC block record tonight? It seemed to all of us watching the game here that Joey was pretty determined to show him up.

I also like that Texas looked invincible today -- here's hoping that Stanford knocks them out next weekend.
elle
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 10:42 pm    

I haven't seen the final stats - did Joey have more blocks than the MSU guy that passed Shaq's SEC block record tonight?

yes. joey had 6 and jarvis varnado had 5.

man, i don't know what they have to do to inspire those boys to shoot better at the free throw line, but damn.

my dad who's watched michigan state play all year in big ten games has told me that he thinks memphis can take em out. hope he's right.
robin
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 12:04 am    
It's 1 AM and I still cannot stop cracking up about The Light and how when The Light emerged from behind the curtain again, Joey was freaking out about The Light and trying to point it out to the refs while hauling ass down the court.
saispas
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 9:01 am    
my dad who's watched michigan state play all year in big ten games has told me that he thinks memphis can take em out. hope he's right.

They are Ryan's favorite team; he grew up in Lansing. So, we watch them all the time; Ryan even made his bosses buy the Big Ten network so he could see every game. They have lost a lot this year and have had a difficult time getting footing consistently. However, when they are on fire, esp. Drew Neitzel, Raymar Morgan, Goran Suton and Kalin Lucas...look out. They can shoot the lights out and Lucas and Morgan in particular are fearless types.

And no one has to tell anyone how good of a coach Tom Izzo is.

Should be fun!
saispas
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 9:24 am    
Good story with priceless quotes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=33 08176&sportCat=ncb

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- On Saturday afternoon, Joey Dorsey was hiding under a table in the Memphis locker room in Alltel Arena.

He was hoping to take a nap and avoid the media.

Joey Dorsey has never been lacking for personality and always seems to be the center of attention.

"I was trying to hibernate," Dorsey explained, not seeming to find the notion of a 6-foot-9, 265-pound man curled under a table to be at all ridiculous.

But his teammates went bear hunting. Chris Douglas-Roberts poured an orange Powerade on Dorsey, shocking him out of his self-imposed isolation. And when the media came into the locker room, there was Dorsey, in his chair and ready to talk.

"A very good sign," Douglas-Roberts said.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 10:06 am    
With disarming candor, Dorsey describes himself as overly sensitive. That can be a problem when your hot-blooded Italian coach is raging at you for on-court lapses that undercut your prodigious talent.
"My teammates always tell me to just play, don't let coach yell at me and get in my head," Dorsey said. "Let it go in one ear and out the other. My mom yelled at me -- that's why we didn't get along sometimes. … That's not the best way to reach me."

Ah HA!
robin
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 5:03 pm    
Pat Forde is freaking obsessed with Joey D.

A (The?) sports writer for the Detroit Free Press is picking Tigers over Mich State.
saispas
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 8:11 pm    
At least he isn't waltzing around in a Michigan State shirt, every once in awhile holding the logo up by his fingertips as he silently walks past me into the kitchen.

I am telling you...couples counseling!
heyradio
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 12:26 pm    
Great article on free throws by the guy who invented the RPI, Ken Pomeroy.
Highway Star
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 4:54 pm    
First great My town versus my new town battle since i've been here. at least for anything big. can't wait! go spartans!
robin
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 5:58 pm    
Heyradio- that article was pretty great. Thanks for posting it. It makes me feel about a trillion times better.
brown
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 6:22 pm    
A (The?) sports writer for the Detroit Free Press is picking Tigers over Mich State.

pay no attention to the hacks at the detroit free press. they are part of the "blue wall" which is to the university of michigan athletics what fox news is to conservatives. if the spartans won the national championship the same night as the wolverines won the NIT, the headline would be, "wolverines win 6th NIT title." meanwhile, the spartans would get a paragraph towards the end of the sports section. mitch albom writes for the detroit free press. reason enough to not read that trash.

that said, the tigers have a better shot of winning on friday than my spartans. should be a good one though.
robin
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 11:59 pm    
Mich St will not win, because The Light of Jesus did not shine down upon any of their naughtiest players last weekend.

Hence, this game is all Memphis.

Jesus says so.
saispas
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:39 am    
The Light of Jesus did not shine down upon any of their naughtiest players last weekend.

Do they even worship Jesus in Lansing?
bruce
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:44 am    
nope magic
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:50 am    
good article on cdr from the lansing paper.

http://www.greenandwhite.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080327/GW020 1/803270349/1023/GW
saispas
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 2:51 pm    
You don't know the subtle torment I have been experiencing; t shirts from various championship titles and Final Fours, all reading MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS will be lying beside me when I wake up in the morning. Ryan will take the same t shirts and just hold them and walk past me at any hour of the day or night. Then I read this:

What could be the first No. 1 seed to lose and when?
Memphis

Bilas: Memphis, to Michigan State in Sweet 16
Davis: Memphis, to Texas in the Elite Eight
Fraschilla: Memphis, to Texas in the Elite Eight
Gottlieb: Memphis, to Texas in the Elite Eight
Rankin: Memphis, to Michigan State in the Sweet 16
Vitale: Memphis, to Michigan State in the Sweet
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:50 am    
I am soooo ready for this game! Got a bottle of scotch if we win or lose.
elle
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 2:25 pm    
man, we got this. fuck the haters.
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 4:26 pm | Edited by: robin    
Saispas, I don't see how you can stand what you're going through. If I were in your position I'd be pleading for the other one to be emotionally supportive if Memphis lost and offering to do the same. I'm so not even exaggerating! You must be a nervous wreck right now.

If we can get past Mich State we can surely get past Texas, cos their free throw shooting is about as shitty as ours is and it won't be a factor, plus they're looking weak. Then we can DEFINITELY get past UCLA; they are barely hanging in there.

A little more than four hours. Eek.
Highway Star
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 5:29 pm    
I got my green on baby!!!!
bruce
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 6:11 pm    
I got my green on baby!!!!

st patty's day was a couple of weeks ago
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 6:26 pm    
I have been rocking the Memphis "baby t" all day...I almost got run off the road yesterday by a TENNESSEE fan (sticker and trailer hitch were big orange T's) and THE LIGHT must have been paying attention cos they promptly lost!

Husband is at work and keeps texting the Michigan State fight song. I am hitting him back with the old "GO MEMPHIS GO! ONTO VICTORY!"

Wish I was there! GO TIGERS!!!!!!
T-I-G-E-R-S!!!
Alisa
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 6:46 pm | Edited by: Alisa    
I'd love to be at your house for the game tonight, saispas.
Hang in there.

Spent a game this week in NC with my friend Billy and he rides me terribly about the Tigers. (He was here at my house for my command nutso performance at the UAB game.) He cut me NO slack!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 6:48 pm    
Oh you'd hate being here...I am STILL hungover! I keep getting headaches as soon as the ibuprofen wears off. ICK. Maybe Ativan helps? That is all I have left in this house!
jerryd
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 7:02 pm    
Anybody going to the Hi Tone to watch the game?

Anyone?
Alisa
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 7:29 pm    
Maybe Ativan helps?
You don't want to fall asleep!

Got the kids tonight, but Sunday probably.
brown
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 7:32 pm    

Got the kids tonight, but Sunday probably.

cool. your gonna go watch michigan state play texas on sunday?
Alisa
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 7:54 pm    
yeah, yeah, yeah.
GO TIGERS!!!
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 7:59 pm    
I was going to go out and watch this game at a bar but I don't want to make a fool of myself by either jumping on a table and screaming or sobbing hysterically, depending on which way the game goes.

Oh, how I wish I was home with the rest of you crazies.

Davidson is killing Wisconsin! Strategically and bracket-wise I'd love to see Wisconsin win, but this is certainly interesting basketball.

Texas and Stanford is neck and neck. Never thought I'd say this, but GO TEXAS. doing longhorns thing with fingers now.
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 8:30 pm    
Strategically and bracket-wise I'd love to see Wisconsin win, but this is certainly interesting basketball.

I love Davidson!!! That Stephan Curry is insanely great.

But, here we go!!!!! GO TIGERS GO! Deny the Spartans!
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 8:37 pm    
Ok, just watching the post game wrap-up where they interviewed DJ Augustin and asked him who he was waving to from Memphis... I thought he said "Chance, me and him go way back". Were my ears correct? Are Chance McGrady and DJ Augustin tight bros from way back when?
Jack Stands
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 8:52 pm    
Davidson's defense (at least what I saw of it) was fucking ruthless.
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:07 pm    
Were my ears correct? Are Chance McGrady and DJ Augustin tight bros from way back when?

Yep! I rewound it to check who it was!

Davidson's defense (at least what I saw of it) was fucking ruthless.

They played so damn good; helps when you have someone like Curry on your team who is the sleeper talent of the year.

OK, back to the Tigers!
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:10 pm    
We have the Villanova/Kansas game on here! I'm hoping for an early blowout so they'll change to the important game.

Maybe Chance McGrady can tell Coach Cal some SECRETS. Finally he has something of value to offer the Tigers.
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:35 pm | Edited by: robin    
Is this really happening? I'm not seeing it, but the score isn't even close...
Alisa
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:36 pm    
YEP!!
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:45 pm    
pierre niles is in the game!!!!
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:48 pm    
Niles scored in the first half! Fuck you pundits!
Alisa
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:49 pm    
Fuckin A!!! Go Tigers!!
And we're finally getting some national talking heads love!!!!

(How things going around the house, saispas???)
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:56 pm    
I am so happy right now.
street
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:59 pm | Edited by: street    
Is this really happening? THIRTY points at halftime?!?!

Oh HELL yeah.
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm    
I am not gonna lie, I keep wiping stray tears from my eyes.
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:15 pm    
Niles scored in the first half! Fuck you pundits!

I presently have a croak for a voice but for this, I had to screech "NILES!"

Anyone notice his hilarious tattoos on the back of his upper arms? One arm has an ornate "P", the other "N". You know, cos that's his name. God love him.
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:17 pm    
Oh, ryan texted halfway through the first half that the game was "already over", that Memphis "looked great" and that Mich St "sucked".
Alisa
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:19 pm    
He's not even home?? Bummer.
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:23 pm    
Anyone notice his hilarious tattoos on the back of his upper arms? One arm has an ornate "P", the other "N". You know, cos that's his name. God love him.

What about how he has "GOD" spelled out in giant donut-looking tattoos on his bicep?

Oh, that Pierre. Why does he have to have his myspace be private?

http://www.myspace.com/41227823

---------------------------------------------

"im gne keep it real wit yall homie if i dnt knw u dnt waist ur time tryin to add me as a friend cuz its sum hatin ass niggas out here. memphis n dallas niggas get yall own business n stop worryin about da next nigga cuz"

Male
85 years old
memphis, Tennessee
United States

Last Login: 3/28/2008

------------------------------------

(Good to know that while preparing for this giant game today, Pierre Niles found the time to log into his Myspace.)
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:24 pm    
M E M P H I S! CUT YA HEAD!
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:33 pm    
(Good to know that while preparing for this giant game today, Pierre Niles found the time to log into his Myspace.)

Hilarious.

Regardless of his warning, I still requested Mr. North Memphis to be my friend.
saispas
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:34 pm    
I want our 30 point lead back.
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:41 pm    

Regardless of his warning, I still requested Mr. North Memphis to be my friend.

I hope he doesn't deny you.
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:52 pm    
Is it a little babyish that I'm a little concerned that the lead is down to 16?
sgtsawzall
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 10:54 pm    
maybe a little but it does make you a bit nervous...
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:02 pm    
I just feel like I'm getting a little spoiled from this game. Memphis fans = not accustomed to being spoiled, ever.
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:04 pm    
Also? Derrick Rose with a band aid over his eye officially Kills My Soul Forever. I can't take it.
street
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:24 pm    
Oh, how sweet it is! I love that Billy Packer slipped up and called us Memphis State in the final minute. Especially as we're wrapping up back-to-back wins against other MSU teams.

My dream? Memphis in the Final 4, taking on UCLA and finally beating them to get that monkey off our back. And then? Beating Louisville in the Championship game. Could it get any better than that?
robin
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 11:29 pm    
Could it get any better than that?

Nope. That is the ultimate.
heyradio
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 3:41 am    
Could it get any better than that?

Nope. That is the ultimate.

One could only pray for such an outcome.

GO TIGERS!!!
Highway Star
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 5:18 am    
wow i feel cheated. i should've just gone to work and not worried about watching this. i thought from the start that memphis would win, but i never thought it would be that boring. memphis looked great but it's hard to tell how great with msu playing that awful. they absolutely had nothing. something like a 24-6 rebounding edge in the first. you can play as bad as you want, but that's just plain soft and lame. bad shooting and offense is one thing. i'm ashamed of that balogna. good luck memphis i'm pullin for ya.
Alisa
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 9:22 am    
good luck memphis i'm pullin for ya.

a convert!

I was pretty freaked when MSU went on a 16-0 run, though. At least Joey wants to show up. And, I'm telling you...Derrick Rose wants to win the championship in the worst way. You can just tell by the way he plays. He REALLY wants it. I'm starting to just love him. I love how quiet and non showboaty he is. Last night's backward dunk was the most overtly showy thing I've ever seen him do.

GO TIGERS!!!

(Hi Tone open on Sunday afternoon for the game?)
colin
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 9:26 am | Edited by: colin    
Michigan who? Was there a game last night? I must have missed it. I have a headcahe.
elle
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 9:42 am    
I have a headache.

words cannot describe how bad my head hurts right now. sheeeeeesh.

i love the tigers. and i dislike anyone talkin' bad about them. those boys are great.

i hope the hi tone is open on sunday afternoon. i got some bidness to attend to called watchin the tigers whoop up on texass.
Golightly
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 9:57 am    
i hope the hi tone is open on sunday afternoon. i got some bidness to attend to called watchin the tigers whoop up on texass.

after the game come to the Bucc!
saispas
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 10:09 am    
Oh, how sweet it is! I love that Billy Packer slipped up and called us Memphis State in the final minute.

He loves us and has been speaking up for them throughout. I always get him and Digger Phelps confused for some reason, but one of them is not a Michigan State fan. I was waiting for him to correct himself, but no way! YES!

I also heard that both times we have gone to the Final Four before have been through Houston!
col bat guano
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 12:41 pm    
Memphis Domination
Alisa
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 12:48 pm    
"Y'all ready for this?!!"
saispas
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 10:09 am    
Let's do this!!!!
joel
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 11:15 am    
Yes, we'll be open for the game. Half-price pizza and wings, drink specials too!
robin
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 12:48 pm    
The stomach cramps are settling in again.
robin
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 1:53 pm | Edited by: robin    
Nice BLUE SWEATER, Bush Sr.

moron.
Jack Stands
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 2:50 pm    
Nice BLUE SWEATER, Bush Sr.

This is very funny.
robin
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 3:00 pm    
It had a presidential seal on it and everything.
Jack Stands
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 3:11 pm    
He could have sewn the patch on an orange Mr. Rogers sweater, but he decided to "stay the course".
I hope he vomits on one of their nasty-ass cheerleaders in the next photo-op.
Jack Stands
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 3:15 pm    
I have no idea if he went or not, but I'd swear I just saw sugardaddy in blue back in the stands during that last free throw.
colin
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 3:40 pm    
In 2 words....BEAT DOWN! Tigers destroyed the Longhorns on what was basically their home floor in the Elite 8! We are Final 4 bound and will hopefully shove it down Kevin "Color Me Baad"Loves throat!
Miss Faye
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 3:42 pm    
Woohoo!
elle
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 4:23 pm    
YEAH!!!!!!! that was fucking awesome on so many levels.

all the haters can EAT IT.
colin
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 4:36 pm    
Nooooooooo shit! Even at the end of the game the comentators on CBS were like"These free throws that they are making just arent the same as if they were under pressure and had to make them"! What the fuck ever...way to back pedal! Dont HATE motherfuckers CONGRATULATE!
robin
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 5:13 pm    
Even at the end of the game the comentators on CBS were like"These free throws that they are making just arent the same as if they were under pressure and had to make them"!

Plus it's just like, have they watched any of Memphis's regular season games all year long? THAT'S when they weren't under pressure and it didn't matter. And, judging from how they're shooting so well from the line all of a sudden, that seems to be why their percentages were so low. Not the opposite.
saispas
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 8:55 pm    

Plus it's just like, have they watched any of Memphis's regular season games all year long?

Precisely, NO. Did CBS show any game of ours all year??? My take on their whole issue with close conference games is that they were playing up to their competition, which was basically no competition. It is like anything else, you set the standards higher and talented people will reach higher.

Can't the haters just shut it for two seconds and recognize? Only Clark Kellogg out of everyone from CBS to ESPN thought we'd make it in. Lemme buy that Buckeye dork a drink.

WE SHUT THEM DOWN.

(I have to give it up to lil Davidson too...what a game!)
street
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 10:24 pm    
I don't want the naysayers to shut up and recognize until a week from Tuesday. The last thing this team needs this week is for any of them to get the big head. We local fans know they're great, they know they're great... but I hope they go to San Antonio with a chip on their shoulder, still thinking they have something to prove. Final Four is GREAT, but they're 80 minutes away from something even better.

Man, this town is gonna be FUN this week!
elle
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 10:26 pm    

Man, this town is gonna be FUN this week!

campus is gonna be fucking nuts. i love it.
jerryd
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 10:43 pm    
If Collison and Love have even a slightly off night and Memphis plays they way they have the last two games, UCLA can pack it up and go home.

Without those two they look like they should be playing in the NCAA womens tournament. Overrated bitches!
 Page Page:  ««  1  2  3  4  »»
Your answer
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's this?

» Name  » Password 

victim of time

By posting on this board you agree to these Terms Of Use

Page loading time (secs): 0.145