Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / Anti-flood protection
Posted: Jan 28, 2011 2:08 pm | Edited by: Scott

So is this feature meant to keep people from intentionally posting multiple posts, or is it meant to stop accidental re-posting of the same thing? If it's supposed to be for the latter, is there anyway to drop the resubmit time down to 10 or 15 seconds? It seems like that would do the job without making me have to wait so long that my hilarity wasn't so hilarious.
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 9:23 am

It also keeps me from posting on different threads within the allotted amount of time. For Christ's sake, somebody do something!
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Years ago, the site had some jokers running script attacks, flooding the board. That's why it's there. Dunno about throttling down the time frame, but a minute really isn't that long.
You're totally not that funny, either.
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 6:55 pm

For Christ's sake, somebody do something!

I agree! Stop him from posting at all.
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 6:56 pm

I have chuckled once or twice.
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 6:57 pm

It does suck having to wait a minute though.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 12:04 am

The real issue is that the Goner server is water cooled, and posting a whole lot of stuff at once heats up the circuitry a lot. Anti flood protection isn't just a figurative term. Too many posts and we risk blowing a hose or gasket and making a real mess of the store. Do you guys really want that?
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 1:46 am

the Goner server is water cooled, and posting a whole lot of stuff at once heats up the circuitry a lot. Anti flood protection isn't just a figurative term.

I love this.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 1:52 am

I have chuckled once or twice.

Also ridiculous. He thinks in terms of Eddy Money irony. What else do you really need to know?

Harlan hired Scott's "occasional beard" to play in the Fuzz. What else do you need to know? I know I'm disappointed in Harlan, I tell you what.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 9:48 am

The real issue is that the Goner server is water cooled, and posting a whole lot of stuff at once heats up the circuitry a lot. Anti flood protection isn't just a figurative term. Too many posts and we risk blowing a hose or gasket and making a real mess of the store. Do you guys really want that?

Harlan hired Scott's "occasional beard" to play in the Fuzz. What else do you need to know? I know I'm disappointed in Harlan, I tell you what.

Speaking of not funny.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 10:11 am

scott all you have to do is modify the board config.php file to change the setting to a shorter timespan.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 11:32 am

I don't have access to do that. Why don't you knock it out for me. 30 seconds, and time limit doesn't carry over from thread to thread.
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Speaking of funny, my name is scott, and I'm a big horsey.
Posted: Jul 17, 2011 5:33 pm

YES - BEYOND & BEFORE

Want. In spite of "Dear Father".
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®