Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / Watching the Train Wreck "Serve Very Loud" 7" on Terminal Boredom!
Posted: Dec 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Watching The Train Wreck "Serve Very Loud" EP
Hey, what a trainwreck of a name, huh?! Hey now! WTTW are from Omaha, home to...uh...Warren Buffett. And the Brimstone Howl. Cool dudes, all of them. "I Am The Machine" is a shit-fi blast of punk rock with eardrum-shattering guitar solos and a swirling rhythm not unlike a log hastily circling the bowl on its way to the sewer. I like this. "Money Don't Buy Happiness" is a dum-dum Midwest rocker, anthemic garage-metal almost. B-Side has "Soundman Scum" which is a plodding-punk middle finger and they close with "Rainy Road", a fittingly angry and pissy guitar blowout which summons some nasty stringed elements and has the best vocal of the bunch. A nice slice of shit-fi Midwestern rock that certainly isn't trying to be hip or trendy, just loud and loose. I'll keep an eye on these kids. Scum stats: 50 lathe-cut copies with silkscreened sleeves and download code.(RK)
(Rainy Road Records // rainyroadrecords.bigcartel.com)
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®