Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Goner Records / E.C.S.R. - Rush To Relax
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 7:22 pm

The follow-up to the Melbourne quartet's AMP-winning second album Primary Colours. Recorded by guitarist Mikey Young on eight-track in Revolver rehearsal studios in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. Features the band's "least boring cover art" (designed by the band and snapped by Nicole Reed); two ballads "made for a man and his woman"; two punkers to prove they're still keeping it "mad real"; and three "self indulgent" jam that go for more than six minutes.

free 1" badge with order, but remember, badges have sharp points, so be careful

this is taken from jbhifi in australia, it is not a sanctioned goner ad, i just thought it was pretty damn funny
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 11:10 pm

"Anxiety" available for your ears on Goner Myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/gonerrecords
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 12:17 pm

cover art on the goner blog: http://www.goner-records.com/blog/
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 5:47 pm

The Melbourne quartet's third album Rush To Relax has entered this week's ARIA's album chart at number 20 "with a bullet", one place behind Vampire Weekend's Contra and ahead of records by Lily Allen, P!nk and the late Johnny Cash. It was one of only two local new releases to enter the charts this week, with Before Too Long: Triple J's Tribute To Paul Kelly in at number 11.

Over at ARIA's Australian album charts, Rush to Relax is currently sitting at number four, behind the triple j compilation, AC/DC's platinum-selling Black Ice and The Temper Trap's Conditions, which recently went gold (35,000 units). While ARIA doesn't disclose how many units are sold for individual chart placings, on an average week, roughly 2500 copies are needed to push an album into the Top 10.
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 2:28 pm

That link for pre-ordering the LP isn't working for me.
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 2:39 pm

you mean for the cd?
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 5:35 pm

LPS are being pressed now. No Pre-orders, yet.
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:47 am

The vinyl copy sounds dandy: http://twitgoo.com/ngbja
The lil' button is nice too.
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 5:22 pm

(Esquire) Britt Daniel from Spoon said this about ECSR's Primary Colours: "I'm having trouble deciding if Eddy Current Suppression Ring is the best Australian band since AC/DC or just the best rock band since AC/DC."
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 4:31 am

is the track listing the same on cd as on lp? i bought the lp but am confused after reading a review on TB...
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 12:19 pm

You gonna get in more LPs?
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 4:43 pm

back in and up on the cart!
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 7:31 pm

a book just came out with the top 100 australian albums of all time, i'm not gonna ruin it by listing the whole thing, but at #45 # Eddy Current Suppression Ring Rush To Relax
Posted: Nov 4, 2010 8:26 pm

aria's are this weekend, goodluck dudes
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 7:04 pm

some love from lou barlow
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®